3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
October 9, 2018, 4:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Who are our key players in the up turn of results last two games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
October 9, 2018, 5:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
I would pick 4 for me

Embeleton showing why hes so highly rated and I still think theres more to come there.
Vernam having what appears the freedom to roam around up front finding pockets of space.
RHJ return to the side meaning we have 2 decent wingbacks starting each week and not a CB out of position.
Thomas looking fit and understanding the system means he's finding space and getting better service.

Special mention for Hendrie who has had two man of match performances the last 2 weeks.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2018, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Younger players playing with energy & tempo as MJ stated he would before the season started and players returning from injuries that stopped us having to put square pegs in round holes.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
October 9, 2018, 5:28pm
Guest User
Rose in center-mid, not pretty but breaks up play, strong and awkward. Clifford with his energy and commitment.
Reply: 3 - 29
Abdul19
October 9, 2018, 5:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from 140067
Rose in center-mid, not pretty but breaks up play, strong and awkward. Clifford with his energy and commitment.

Big red dogs are full of running.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Teestogreen
October 9, 2018, 6:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
All of a sudden - there is a midfield - keep this together and good results will follow.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
jamesgtfc
October 9, 2018, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
The team that played Saturday is the strongest team. I'm not expecting miracles but if we can string some good results together and get to January in a comfortable position who knows?

Hopefully Embleton can ensure he doesn't impress too much, extend his loan and then truly shine second half of the season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
ginnywings
October 9, 2018, 6:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Welcome Nutsy.

I think RHJ has made a huge difference, and also Clifton going back in the middle, where he looks more at home. He was superb there on Saturday, as he was in the Lincoln game. Don't know how he performed at Carlisle as i wasn't there but i presume he was effective. I think that is the only three times he has played centre mid and we have won 2 and drawn 1. Vernam has also made a difference and causes teams to back off with his direct running. Think it was a case of him getting back to full speed after his bad injury with Derby.

The biggest boost though has been Embleton. He scores goals and creates chances; is comfortable on either foot and moves us forward quicker. Him and Vernon can get behind and through defences, and we didn't have that in the losing run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Teestogreen
October 9, 2018, 7:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Welcome Nutsy.

I think RHJ has made a huge difference, and also Clifton going back in the middle, where he looks more at home. He was superb there on Saturday, as he was in the Lincoln game. Don't know how he performed at Carlisle as i wasn't there but i presume he was effective. I think that is the only three times he has played centre mid and we have won 2 and drawn 1. Vernam has also made a difference and causes teams to back off with his direct running. Think it was a case of him getting back to full speed after his bad injury with Derby.

The biggest boost though has been Embleton. He scores goals and creates chances; is comfortable on either foot and moves us forward quicker. Him and Vernon can get behind and through defences, and we didn't have that in the losing run.

I totally agree with you on the above, and I think you are streets ahead of the managerment thinking for this season (from previous stuff you have posted ).

Just frustrating for current incumbents to catch up!1

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
Teestogreen
October 9, 2018, 7:47pm

Champagne Drinker
I know I've got marked down for pointing out a 'typo' but the poster is right - just about every time - thousands of points in the bag.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Strongest team

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.