This thread currently has 17,194 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
October 9, 2018, 3:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Are you a troll Vinny? B-teams pose a genuine threat to the long-term sustainability of small football clubs and they snook in this change after their League 3 Grand Design was  stamped out. Thin end of the wedge if ever there was one and a good old 'Blowed you fan's we'll do what we want.'

And it won't help blood any youngsters for England -they should rectify the monster that is the Premier League not spread their greedy tanticles further down the pyramid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 100
VinnyGTFC
October 9, 2018, 4:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Rik e B
Are you a troll Vinny? B-teams pose a genuine threat to the long-term sustainability of small football clubs and they snook in this change after their League 3 Grand Design was  stamped out. Thin end of the wedge if ever there was one and a good old 'Blowed you fan's we'll do what we want.'

And it won't help blood any youngsters for England -they should rectify the monster that is the Premier League not spread their greedy tanticles further down the pyramid.

Or do we have an archaic view. I appreciate the FA don't put enough money in lower down and never have, however appreciate that they have doubled prize money in the early rounds of the FA Cup. The involvement of these larger clubs in this competition is a small step and I agree the introduction of B teams into the football league goes too far. But this isn't a step too far. It's a sensible and understandable step which on the face of it is correct, and all I can judge on is what they are doing now not what they might do. Because if I'm honest I don't think it will change anything if there are 500 or 5000 fans at Blundell Park on a Tuesday night.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 100
Cloudy
October 9, 2018, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Or do we have an archaic view. I appreciate the FA don't put enough money in lower down and never have, however appreciate that they have doubled prize money in the early rounds of the FA Cup. The involvement of these larger clubs in this competition is a small step and I agree the introduction of B teams into the football league goes too far. But this isn't a step too far. It's a sensible and understandable step which on the face of it is correct, and all I can judge on is what they are doing now not what they might do. Because if I'm honest I don't think it will change anything if there are 500 or 5000 fans at Blundell Park on a Tuesday night.

My archaic view if that is what you call it, is that it can be never right for ANY football club to play another clubs 'B', Under 21/23 in a competitive fixture. We have a proud 140 year history and although that is in the past, it is what makes our club and many others like us.

This competition in its various guises gave clubs the chance for a Wembley appearance, that chance has clearly been lessened by the inclusion of a Chelsea, or Man City X1.
All I can say is that you must be looking at a very different face if you think this is correct.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 100
arryarryarry
October 9, 2018, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Town team :-

Russell
Hall-Johnson
Dixon
Hessenthaler
Welsh
Hopper
Woolford
Vernham
Rose
Whitmore
Pringle

Subs :-

Rose
Clifton
Robles
Buckley
Burrell
Battersby
Pollock
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 100
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 9, 2018, 6:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Akheem rose must start for me. Weve brought him back for a reason, he’s match fit, been scoring goals, need more than just late sub appearances.

Called it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 100
Posh Harry
October 9, 2018, 7:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

If we have an archaic view then it shared by every single club in the competition bar those bandwagon hoggers from Lincoln, who just don’t get it, and with their seemingly low levels of iq, maybe never will. The only crowds of any substance have been for the semi and finals of this competition since it changed format. This is just people wanting to see their team at Wembley. Some that have never been to Wembley before i.e. Lincoln, or those not been there for decades i.e. Coventry.

Will having 5000 there rather than 500 make a difference, Imho it very much will. The EFL and that scumbag Harvey will see it as acceptance. They will see it as justification. And they will see it as the first step on lower league clubs lying on their back and having their tummies tickled for some extra cash. It doesn’t matter what the chairman say, this is the first step to trying to get B teams into the league. Money talks, this is possibly our only chance to make a difference and to make our voices heard (or not as the case may be).

UTFM and down the EFL
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 100
Rik e B
October 9, 2018, 7:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Here's how you save the English game, or at least help England to perform better: make it mandatory that each Premier team has to play X amount of homegrown player's introducing a couple of new starlets each year (German League does similar). Not tamper with our footballing pyramid that contains many great and historic clubs with superb followings.

We are not Spain where most the lower division teams have barely 1000 hardcore followers -some a couple of hundred.

But they wont potentially 'devalue the product' of the Premier League forcing the playing of youngster's as they want it crammed full of the best talent from worldwide to continue their vast income streams.

The lower leagues aren't broken, so don't need fixing -it's the top flight that needs sorting.

Pi$$ off Harvey and Co.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 100
promotion plaice
October 9, 2018, 7:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

No harm in giving it a listen on iFollow .......c'mon Town.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 100
psgmariner
October 9, 2018, 7:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The Premier League already has this rule in place:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_Player_Rule_(England)

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 100
Spatchcock
October 9, 2018, 7:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Cleethorpes Town playing there replay tonight as well - Come on you owls

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Checkatrade (boo, hiss!) vs Donny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.