This thread currently has 2,584 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 7, 2018, 3:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192

Looks like the Mansfield game is live on iFollow for £10.......... probably because it's a 1pm kick-off.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co......y-town-on-13-oct-18/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
October 7, 2018, 3:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,514
Gold Stars: 831
Know quite a few not bothering with Mansfield this time around, sick of being treated like something scraped off the sole of a shoe. All ticket and 1pm KO is bad enough for a town difficult to reach on train, but being marched to the ground straight from the station, denied a civil pint, abused and bullied by the police and then worse once you get in the ground by the meatheads in hi-vis, plenty are sick of it and sick of the spineless fornicators at the club encouraging it every year.

Having it on the telly for a tenner (or free in any number of pubs round town) is gonna knock a few hundred more off that.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
golfer
October 7, 2018, 3:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
gets Town some money instead of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Mariner93er
October 7, 2018, 4:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
International break.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Gaffer58
October 7, 2018, 4:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,083
Gold Stars: 31
Ska face, precisely why I hardly ever go to away games, when eventually away supporters are treated like a proper human being and not some Neanderthal raiding party I may begin going again, also I hate the thought of paying money to the opposition. As an afterthought just imagine you are a proper civilised Millwall fan, must be absolutely sick and tired of the treatment you receive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Grantham_Mariner
October 7, 2018, 4:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,170
Gold Stars: 50
If I was not working I think I would watch it on iFollow. Do not like Mansfield, it's the over Policing that means you have to walk all around the streets to get in the ground past all the Mansfield fans walking the other direction. When will these match day Police Commanders get it into there thick heads that they do not have to keep 1500 away fans from the 3000 home fans, just the twenty or thirty for each team that are looking for trouble apart. Thought they used intelligence before a match, so why don't they use there intelligence on the day!  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Hagrid
October 7, 2018, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 526
Will still be going to the game but the way we were treated last year was an absolute disgrace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
H19P1
October 7, 2018, 8:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
We’re driving and parking in a car park so hopefully miss the police
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
jamesgtfc
October 7, 2018, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
I get media entry and covered the Mansfield game last season.  For work purposes, I am a neutral.

I parked my car at Dairy Crest down the road and walked up to the ground with my diary and bottle of water in hand.  A member of Notts finest police force decided to ask me if I was Grimsby or Mansfield to which I explained neither as I am media.  He insisted I had to be representing one of the teams which I was not and then decided to ask what was in my Evian bottle before asking me how I knew it contained water.  I don't think they liked my response of "because I purchased it from the shop."

If memory serves me right, most of the trouble last year was caused by a lack of action leading to bored police officers picking fights asking people to sit down who were only standing because they were blocking their view!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 8, 2018, 12:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Not on ifollow, indeed not on at all

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield away live on iFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.