Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 189 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 13,948 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2018, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton
Good summary Herts, but as one of those in the upper who felt that Hooper was a weak link in the first half I would say that there were more than ' a good few' in agreement. In case some not at the game should get the wrong expression there was no booing of Hooper at all.
The lad looks lost at times and seems not to have a strikers instinct. He put a shift in second half and did well to get on the end of a cross for his goal. I hope none of the fans around me feel that they have to have a look at themselves for having a view on how a player is performing or we may as well watch on IFollow.

Thanks, but what you have posted I find quite odd and IMHO a bit patronizing  ...........  read what I posted especially the "after 15 mins" bit. and at no point did I suggest he was booed. I didn't include someone in the upper sat in earshot of a youngster calling his a useless c%$t. Like another poster says if you really want to be part of a minority go and watch i follow.    

Having an opinion is fine - no opinions no Fishy etc.. but really some of the stick dished out to a 24 year old kid with less than 100 EFL starts (who's playing out of position again) is getting stupid & just underlines what a sh1t place BP can be at times.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
easypeersy
October 6, 2018, 11:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Great performance today.
However just one gripe...
Why does McKeown kick the ball right out of play down the side at least three times every single match. Monkhouse left three seasons ago!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
promotion plaice
October 6, 2018, 11:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from easypeersy
Great performance today.
However just one gripe...
Why does McKeown kick the ball right out of play down the side at least three times every single match. Monkhouse left three seasons ago!

That was the only negative for me on what was a great performance today.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
Mrs Doyle
October 7, 2018, 6:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Must add along with everyone else thought  Embleton was outstanding particularly in the second half.

He has a quick head on him the little one two's and interplay showed that.

He also has bags of energy and helps out in defence but in midfield together with Harry, they were making things happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
Cloudy
October 7, 2018, 7:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
This shows football fans are mostly very one eyed!
We were ‘truly awful’ evidently

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-2-port-vale-0-2082711
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
mirrorballman
October 7, 2018, 8:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
I'd ignore that 'truly awful' quote, it's just Dixon trying to angle his way back in to the team

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DXouLZ7_d.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
fishboyUTM
October 7, 2018, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,067
Gold Stars: 40
Really good performance against an average Port Vale side. I thought we started off too direct with too many cross field balls. Possibly trying to take advantage of a rare size advantage and turn them around. When we started to mix it up and get the ball down more it was apparent how poor Vale were and we looked dangerous. Vernam is a really good footballer, he was excellent as were RHJ, Collins got his head on everything, even Whackmore did well against the difficult Pope.

Embleton is class and will go on to play in the top two divisions without any doubt. I was pleased for Hooper, he isn't a centre forward IMO, but does well to the left of the three despite being right footed.

Enjoy your weekend chaps!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
Croxton
October 7, 2018, 8:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
F.A.O.  Herts and Golfer.

Herts posted something like 'the boo boys need to get off his back'. Nothing patronising about pointing out that criticism of Hooper in my area of the Upper was just that. No abuse, swearing or shouting.
Golfer. reread my post and put the kettle on. Goodness knows why you should think I was in any way condoning any abuse. No player deserves abuse and I did not warrant your comment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
Abdul19
October 7, 2018, 8:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,542
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Cloudy
This shows football fans are mostly very one eyed!
We were ‘truly awful’ evidently

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-2-port-vale-0-2082711

I'd be drunk off if I'd missed out on the Derby Folk Festival.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
pen penfras
October 7, 2018, 9:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Croxton
F.A.O.  Herts and Golfer.

Herts posted something like 'the boo boys need to get off his back'. Nothing patronising about pointing out that criticism of Hooper in my area of the Upper was just that. No abuse, swearing or shouting.
Golfer. reread my post and put the kettle on. Goodness knows why you should think I was in any way condoning any abuse. No player deserves abuse and I did not warrant your comment.

This was the point I was making in another thread last week. Do we really need to be criticising players in the first 15 minutes of a match? What good do you think it will do?

It's better to back the team during the match and question things afterwards, when you know the whole story ie Hooper scored! Even better than that is to trust that Michael Jolley, a man with every footballing qualification going, knows a little bit more about football than you and that is why the player is on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.