Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 13,938 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
October 6, 2018, 6:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We should no get carried away, but 6 points in a week has lifted the gloom. There were times when we played some lovely one touch football in the second half. Even Buckley commented how good it was. The second goal was a dream. Passing and movement and the much criticised JJ racing in the get on the end of a pull back from the bye line. Proper football. We were much more mobile in the final 3rd and the energy of Vernam, Thomas, Embleton and JJ stood out Clifton had his best game so far and the defence kept Vale attackers quiet. Although we still look one mistake away from gifting a goal. Congrats all round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
oldun
October 6, 2018, 6:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We should no get carried away, but 6 points in a week has lifted the gloom. There were times when we played some lovely one touch football in the second half. Even Buckley commented how good it was. The second goal was a dream. Passing and movement and the much criticised JJ racing in the get on the end of a pull back from the bye line. Proper football. We were much more mobile in the final 3rd and the energy of Vernam, Thomas, Embleton and JJ stood out Clifton had his best game so far and the defence kept Vale attackers quiet. Although we still look one mistake away from gifting a goal. Congrats all round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
Pontooner
October 6, 2018, 6:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
Poor quality game first half. But Town were much the better side after the break, playing some nice one touch football a times.

Vale were poor and we still gave the ball away too much, but overall, a much improved performance and hopefully something to build on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
psgmariner
October 6, 2018, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The ref was hilariously bad but an enjoyable game.

I was very impressed with Rose and Wes Thomas. I’m no fan of our centre backs but they did a good collective effort on the it tricky bugga up front (Pope I think).

Things finally looking on the up. We now have two decent full back and a proper striker which gives us balance and a threat.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
Garth
October 6, 2018, 6:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Thought at times in the second half we were Buckleyesk, surprising what a couple of wins can do.
Ref was the worst I have ever seen, obviously colour blind not wearing a Vale shirt from the start but their twelve man for 90 odd minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
golfer
October 6, 2018, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Well done to everyone,Macca's quietest game for a long time.Everybody fought for the ball,also running off the ball was superb.Confidence has improved since their win on Tuesday. Must keep the same team next week. Onwards and upwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
Garth
October 6, 2018, 6:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Was anyone as surprised as me at the size of the mighty Vale's traveling support today what a poor showing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
Mrs Doyle
October 6, 2018, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well, that was a lot, lot better what a difference a bit of confidence does. First half we looked nervous and edgy but the second half was superb stuff.

The second goal was a lovely worked move and they continued to undo the vale defence with some lovely stuff.

You never normally moan about the officials when you win but they were the worst I have seen here for a long time.

Pope was constantly literally wrestling with Collins and Whitmore every time. At the other end Thomas was getting pushed mauled and fouled on a regular basis but the useless Ref just kept ignoring it and booked and penalised us instead.

He was soo excrement it was embarrassing. The third official too kept having a word with M.J. and his assistant it was pathetic I only hope Jolley marks him down accordingly.

We got what we thoroughly deserved through a cracking good win, a clean sheet that could easily have been four.

Well done lads being a Mariner feels good again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
LondonMariner43
October 6, 2018, 7:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
From afar it seems like injuries, red cards, late new signings settling in and getting fit and knowing their team mates has meant performances have been disjointed.

These last two games are the first where we have had two fit full backs playing in position.

Get on a run with a consistent line up and have more luck with injuries and good times may come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
devs
October 6, 2018, 7:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
MOM for me by country mile was Embleton
19 years of age
Two-footed
Great brain
Energy
Pace
All round player

One of most impressive midfield performances I've seen from gtfc player in a long while - especially given he's a teenager

If Clifton play he must always play centre midfield - so much more at home there

Hopper - much maligned but nowhere near as bad as some make out; his confidence flowed after he scored

Rose - not my cup of tea but did very well

Thomas and Vernam were excellent second half

We need to stay calm - just as the recent poor form was not a disaster two wins on the trot doesn't mean we are a play off side

Keep calm,keep improving and positive results will outnumber negative ones

Two tough games coming up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.