lew chaterleys lover
October 10, 2018, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I dread to think how many times that fans who truly love the club have to write posts like this.

Surely if JF is as big a fan as he says, he can look at the club and realise how underwhelming, no poor, the results of his tenure are. Using 'the Jolley revolution' for marketing is one thing but you've got to back it up. For all that went on in the summer, the visits have dried up and the same old 'make some noise for the boys', 'you can be the 12th man' is as exciting as it gets. Dare to be different Mr Fenty, no, even dare to be slightly progressive, we need some excitement in our lives!

People don't change really do they? Not really. You are who you are - I know I am and I guess everybody else is the same.

Fenty had the gumption to "save" the club all those years ago, and credit must go to him for that and I guess he was the right man at the right time; now he is the wrong man at the wrong time and we need a clean sweep of the off field set up to give us fresh impetus, well any impetus.

It must be difficult for him to let go of the reins as he must think he deserves a legacy for saving the club all those years ago, but that attitude (and his loans) are holding the club back.

To get back to my original point it is a thankless task some of us on here expecting the club (Fenty) to try anything different and better because a leopard never changes his spots. He made his money in a different world in a certain way and sadly has not been able to adapt and adopt a more collegiate approach for the benefit of the club. Till he goes we are stuck.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
golfer
October 10, 2018, 11:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Post after post by the same people calling for J.S.F. to resign. Getting slightly boring now. He's going nowhere-would you ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
RoboCod
October 10, 2018, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from golfer
Post after post by the same people calling for J.S.F. to resign. Getting slightly boring now. He's going nowhere-would you ?

Yes. With the shred of dignity I have left. Before the next fans forum/shambles comes along.

Fenty OUT.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
1mickylyons
October 11, 2018, 7:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from golfer

The voices singing his praises and supporting him are getting less and less probably just enough to fill a bunker or snooker room.

The fact Town sold 3k Season tickets was a miracle and ONLY MJ made that happen.Thevast majority of fan`s support the team and manager but not the regime.FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
diehardmariner
October 11, 2018, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,096
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The voices singing his praises and supporting him are getting less and less probably just enough to fill a bunker or snooker room.

The fact Town sold 3k Season tickets was a miracle and ONLY MJ made that happen.Thevast majority of fan`s support the team and manager but not the regime.FENTY OUT

Aye.  

Eight months ago I was very adamant I wasn't renewing my season ticket, in fact I think the vast majority were of the same view point based on what I saw on here, Twitter etc. (appreciate that's not receptive of the whole fan base but there was enough people saying 'no' to suggest sales would be well down).  

As it happened Jolley turned it around and gave a huge feel good feeling to all the fans.  A genuine belief that not only was he going to change things on the pitch but he was getting the go-ahead to bring about change across the club overall.   In hindsight that was probably a combination of gullibility by the fans and a little bit of deviousness by the club to trickle that out there.  As it's happened nothing has changed really.  Yeah Jolley has been able to bring in the sports science approach that we should have had 7-8 years ago but away from the training ground we're still run like an old boys club.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.