This thread currently has 10,658 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 6, 2018, 5:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Must admit a week ago I was asking for Jolley to be sacked on here but after our last two performances I'm happy to eat humble pie and admit I was wrong (for now).......... it's a funny old game.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Swansea_Mariner
October 6, 2018, 5:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I think most of us who want Jolley to succeed were feeling the heat last Saturday, it was impossible not to. I thought he'd shot his bolt for sure but back to back wins gives us some breathing space for now.

Feeling hopefull again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
chicaneuk
October 6, 2018, 5:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Have believed in the man from the start and was more than content for him to have the entire season to prove himself... I am really pleased to see he might be starting to turn it around!

Great result today. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
grimps
October 6, 2018, 5:36pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Any manager that loses 6 on the bounce is going to be threatened with the sack , any criticism he and the team recieved was deserved .
Everyone wants Jolley to do well and hopefully we’ve turned the corner now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
promotion plaice
October 6, 2018, 5:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I suppose Mr Fenty has to be given credit by not sacking Jolley after that bad run......did I really say that   ......just off to wash my mouth out.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
fleabag1970
October 6, 2018, 5:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The Problem has gone . We are playing well . Am I shocked ? No

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
Grantley
October 6, 2018, 6:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from fleabag1970
The Problem has gone . We are playing well . Am I shocked ? No

Can you elaborate on this? You’ve mentioned it twice now.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
RoboCod
October 6, 2018, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The losing streak was awful and becoming indefensible, but sacking in September wasn't the answer. We're all allowed opinions but coming back from BP after another defeat filled with anger and demanding the Manager go NOW, or by Sunday dinnertime or Monday morning is never the answer. Just as the two-win streak doesn't mean the Manager should have a contract extension.
We need a bit of calm now, there's still a bumpy road ahead but we have the ways and the means of getting through the season and installing something for next.

Let's just keep getting those goals Town, it's all the difference.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
ginnywings
October 6, 2018, 6:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
As long as we are not in the mire at the bottom, i'm quite happy for Jolley and Limbrick to be given the time to build a team and squad capable of at least competing in this league. We haven't given a manager time since Hurst and that came good eventually. We've actually seen some decent footy at times under Jolley's short tenure and once we can hit that standard more regularly, we will do fine. We have a lot of young players at the club who need time to develop too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
Kris2
October 6, 2018, 6:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Consistency will be the difference maker. We've been struggling to find that for a while. Only our second home win of the season and we only have one draw at home with the rest being losses. We have lost over 50% of games so far. We only have 3 wins and 2 of those were back to back the last 2 games.

I'm not going to lick behind just because we managed to beat two teams that are out of form. Saying we shouldn't demand to sack the manager is all well and good but you need to be equally realistic about us finally picking up a couple of wins. If form slips and it's after January it'll be already too late to save the season.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Humble Pie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.