3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
October 5, 2018, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Seems to be some internet noise they will be travelling for round 2 tomorrow I wonder if our stadium manager will be locking the gates and allowing to have Police in the ground this time? I also hope genuine travelling Vale fan`s coming to watch the game are left alone by our sizeable element of kick em when they fall down merchants
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
October 5, 2018, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Me and the lad are giving this one a miss for exactly that reason. Fully expected there'd be trouble.

What do they put in the water there? I know we had a thing with Stoke for years, but why Port Vale?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
1mickylyons
October 5, 2018, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from marinerdazza
Me and the lad are giving this one a miss for exactly that reason. Fully expected there'd be trouble.

What do they put in the water there? I know we had a thing with Stoke for years, but why Port Vale?

That`s a shame I honestly think you will see a much greater police prescence mate and you and the lad will be perfectly safe.

I would bet the history with Stoke is precisely why Vale rocked up unannounced last year though they now run the risk of revenge attacks from locals seeking retribution.As usual these gormless oafs who started it will be awol and it will be innocent Vale fan`s who get the repurcussions .I fully expect CLPS to resemble a police state from 11am and hopefully that will be enough to keep the peace? Meanwhile those of us who like a pre match pt will be harrassed and harangued by out of town robo cops with a bad attitude from CLPS to BP and back.Still another 3 points and all midly worth it.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
ginnywings
October 5, 2018, 12:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
And yet, the Mansfield game is a 1 o'clock kick off.  

Not that i approve of early games.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
marinerdazza
October 5, 2018, 12:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That`s a shame I honestly think you will see a much greater police prescence mate and you and the lad will be perfectly safe.

I'm sure you're right. But given how he is, and the fact neither of us are local, I have to pick and choose games sometimes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
1mickylyons
October 5, 2018, 12:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
And yet, the Mansfield game is a 1 o'clock kick off.  

Not that i approve of early games.

Sadly it`s another one mate. I`m biased being a Town fan but quite why we have this reputation for disorder is beyond me? I know our fan`s in recent year`s have set off flares and travelled in numbers but that`s no reason to demonize us it seems home or away it`s the Grimsby fan`s at fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
1mickylyons
October 5, 2018, 12:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from marinerdazza

I'm sure you're right. But given how he is, and the fact neither of us are local, I have to pick and choose games sometimes.

Really sorry to hear that and hopefully you are back for the next home game to see us continue our unbeaten run.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
fiveallive
October 5, 2018, 1:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinerdazza

Hey, if your missing the game just get yourself ExpressVPN put one of the USA servers on and watch it from home at least you would be able to watch it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
GYinScuntland
October 5, 2018, 2:06pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from marinerdazza

I seem to remember one season a large town away following taunting Vale fans about being relegated, kicked off all over Burslem and Stoke after the match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
GrimRob
October 5, 2018, 3:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from marinerdazza

Any potential troublemaker is going to look straight past you and your lad. They are (at worst) going to be looking for their GTFC counterparts to engage in some verbal insults. Civilian casualties are very unlikely.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vale Yob`s

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.