Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › M.J. will turn this around U.T.M.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 122 Guests

M.J. will turn this around U.T.M.

This thread currently has 6,083 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 3, 2018, 1:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from one result. Yes, we absorbed a lot of pressure and had a slice of luck from the woodwork. But we conceded 14 corners and there were 24 shots on our goal. We also missed some good chances which on another day could have cost us 2 or 3 points. The biggest winner is confidence, if we can get a home win under our belts we can start getting a bit more belief.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
October 3, 2018, 4:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from arryarryarry

Similar post to ones we used to get when Neil Woods was manager.

Let's not get carried away just yet, yes most of us want him to be a success but we must not jeopardize our league membership, if we are still in this position come December then he will surely have to be let go, we must not do what we did with Woods and Slade and hang on hoping for the best.

I agree with this 100%.

You simply have to be pragmatic about a managers position based on results. We still have big problems; we still sit in the bottom three of league 2 and we still have no strikers, no wingers and no creative midfield players.

I get that confidence is a big thing and last night will have done the team and Michael Jolley the world of good, and we all hope it is the springboard for a better overall run up to Christmas, but if at Christmas we are still in our current position it would mean our results have not been good enough, and he would have to go.

I hope it doesn't come to that, like everybody else I hope he can get it together, but Saturday was the worst I have seen in a very long time and a backs to the wall away win should not mask the problems we have.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
ginnywings
October 3, 2018, 4:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537

I agree with this 100%.

You simply have to be pragmatic about a managers position based on results. We still have big problems; we still sit in the bottom three of league 2 and we still have no strikers, no wingers and no creative midfield players.

I get that confidence is a big thing and last night will have done the team and Michael Jolley the world of good, and we all hope it is the springboard for a better overall run up to Christmas, but if at Christmas we are still in our current position it would mean our results have not been good enough, and he would have to go.

I hope it doesn't come to that, like everybody else I hope he can get it together, but Saturday was the worst I have seen in a very long time and a backs to the wall away win should not mask the problems we have.

I think Embleton is addressing this issue. Should have scored on his debut, did score on Saturday, plus made the chance for Thomas to hit the bar, and i believe it was his through ball that played in Hooper for a 1 on 1 last night. He looks like he can cause teams problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
dicko995
October 3, 2018, 4:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Thought MJ would of got sacked today,winning a game, Bignott won 3-0 away to Blackpool and sacked next day,just saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
marinerdazza
October 3, 2018, 4:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from ginnywings

I think Embleton is addressing this issue. Should have scored on his debut, did score on Saturday, plus made the chance for Thomas to hit the bar, and i believe it was his through ball that played in Hooper for a 1 on 1 last night. He looks like he can cause teams problems.

a Sunderland supporting mate told me about Embleton as soon as we signed him. Reckons he's a hell of a talent. Just needs games. I think he'll go from strength to strength.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Biccys
October 3, 2018, 4:41pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from dicko995
Thought MJ would of got sacked today,winning a game, Bignott won 3-0 away to Blackpool and sacked next day,just saying

Bignot was sacked when we'd reached the point of mathematical safety. We're a fair way from that yet.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 35
barralad
October 3, 2018, 4:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,194
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from dicko995

Depending on which rumour of the time you wanted to believe Bignott was either in total shock about his dismissal or had already been told before the game which incidentally came a week after a 5-1 thrashing by a local rival at home -a game in which he didn't play a recognised forward. He certainly didn't acknowledge the fans after the game-something which to be fair to him he always did do.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
MuddyWaters
October 3, 2018, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from marinerdazza

a Sunderland supporting mate told me about Embleton as soon as we signed him. Reckons he's a hell of a talent. Just needs games. I think he'll go from strength to strength.

There's a raft of similar talent about, some get released around the age of 20, others go on to higher things but a lot of talented British lads get discarded and replaced in first team squads by overseas players so the new rules about academy players in squads can only be a good thing. Embleton played in the same youth team as the son of a friend of ours who is now in Hull's U23 squad having been released by Newcastle - another very talented footballer who may end up in L2/Conference.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
October 3, 2018, 5:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair enough. Just the strikers and wingers to go then.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
forza ivano
October 3, 2018, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265

Fair enough. Just the strikers and wingers to go then.

personally i think we will find pringle & embleton to be more than decent players for this level. would certainly be a big improvement on woolford, who's main contribution to the game seems to be to give short 'hospital passes' to his colleagues, so conceding possession to the opposition. also amazed that vernham , with his pace and trickery, hasn't been given more of  a go. so if we could get those 3 in the side we might stand a chance of playing the sort of passes that thomas wants. we might even then see a bit of his ability as a goalscorer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › M.J. will turn this around U.T.M.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.