Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › M.J. will turn this around U.T.M.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 357 Guests

M.J. will turn this around U.T.M.

This thread currently has 6,084 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GTFCLarry
October 2, 2018, 10:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +69
Okay it's only our 2nd win,

But I believe he can get us out of this.

Tonight we had a lot to be positive about in my view, a great win and a clean sheet.

No pressure for Saturday then back at home.

My fingers are crossed.

Happy Mariner tonight.

U.T.M.

Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
October 2, 2018, 10:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
He had to cope with numerous injuries and suspensions so unable to put out a settled side.

When we get most of the injured back we will  ok,

Not world beaters but ok.

That will do for me this season.

Next season MJ will be a far more experienced manager after going through the ups and downs of this season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 2, 2018, 10:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from grimsby pete
He had to cope with numerous injuries and suspensions so unable to put out a settled side.

When we get most of the injured back we will  ok,

Not world beaters but ok.

That will do for me this season.

Next season MJ will be a far more experienced manager after going through the ups and downs of this season.

Think your last paragraph is the key, we are all impatient and want success sooner rather than later but we have to accept he is just a baby in managerial terms and there is much more for him to learn and improve upon and hopefully he can achieve this with town and the club benefits from his development.

To be given this time results at BP must improve as must the quality of performances and number of goals scored by us!! Particularly annoying given he did lose a home match during his reign last year so was rather hoping that fortress BP would be returning. Time yet though 😄😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Swansea_Mariner
October 2, 2018, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Hopefull that the worst is behind us and that MJ can get us moving in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Townee82
October 2, 2018, 11:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Let's hope we've turned the corner it's not time to get carried away let just be cautiously optimistic and begin to obtain results , clime the table move on... U T M M
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Grim74
October 3, 2018, 6:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
It seems we are all united in wanting Jolley to succeed and I’m pleased Fenty didn’t rush to pull the trigger, as many on here we’re shouting for. Yes he has made some mistakes but he’s still learning his trade and we have to remember that he’s been hampered with injuries, poor runs like that though will only make him better I’m sure.

To go to Carlisle on a Tuesday night and win after 6 defeats on the bounce was a phenomenal result and shows us 1. That he is as mentally tough as he comes across and 2. He hasn’t lost the dressing room as a certain radio Humberside presenter was suggesting.

I just wonder if Jolley can turn this around and get the team back on track,if the vitriolic poster who have been abusing Fenty for employing a man WE WANTED
will be man or woman enough to apologise 🤔

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Rik e B
October 3, 2018, 8:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We all hope so he is much loved away from the results -but of course it's a results driven business. We've been crippled by injuries (with a potentially star man out for the Season before it started for one) at a point where he hasn't had the few windows really needed to pad out the squad how he'd truly like.

Might be a case of grinning and bearing it affording a bit of patience for time being just so long as things don't get way too critical. I know it's tough as paying customers being served tripe at times so hopefully we can start to see a few more green shoots of the growth  and potential of his vision ala Lincoln and Franchise FC.

Then we could bear the bad days a bit more. Several losses with 1 goal and the the player's looking clueless and it's only natural that fan's will become disgruntled.

Just so long as we pull clear of any relegation scrap, lower mid-table bearable for now. I hope he can make it to January and pull some Swedish gems out his hat and then all will be well. Yes it was a risky strategy if he's chosen to sit on some of his budget till then -he could pay the ultimate price but he clearly must have thought it worth the risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
TownSNAFU5
October 3, 2018, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
As fans, we are spoilt and all want success.  More than wanting success though, we fear failure and dropping into NL again.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
arryarryarry
October 3, 2018, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Grim74
It seems we are all united in wanting Jolley to succeed and I’m pleased Fenty didn’t rush to pull the trigger, as many on here we’re shouting for. Yes he has made some mistakes but he’s still learning his trade and we have to remember that he’s been hampered with injuries, poor runs like that though will only make him better I’m sure.

To go to Carlisle on a Tuesday night and win after 6 defeats on the bounce was a phenomenal result and shows us 1. That he is as mentally tough as he comes across and 2. He hasn’t lost the dressing room as a certain radio Humberside presenter was suggesting.

I just wonder if Jolley can turn this around and get the team back on track,if the vitriolic poster who have been abusing Fenty for employing a man WE WANTED
will be man or woman enough to apologise 🤔

Similar post to ones we used to get when Neil Woods was manager.

Let's not get carried away just yet, yes most of us want him to be a success but we must not jeopardize our league membership, if we are still in this position come December then he will surely have to be let go, we must not do what we did with Woods and Slade and hang on hoping for the best.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Kris2
October 3, 2018, 1:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

Similar post to ones we used to get when Neil Woods was manager.

Let's not get carried away just yet, yes most of us want him to be a success but we must not jeopardize our league membership, if we are still in this position come December then he will surely have to be let go, we must not do what we did with Woods and Slade and hang on hoping for the best.

Lol you're only allowed to be negative when we lose. After we win 1 match in 7 with 6 defeats in a row you have to believe everything will be great from now on. Being a fickle fan and changing opinion week to week is the way!

Though most here will happily take barely scraping avoiding relegation because expectations are so low.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › M.J. will turn this around U.T.M.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.