Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does Anybody Believe MJ Can Turn This Around.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 62 Guests

Does Anybody Believe MJ Can Turn This Around.

This thread currently has 9,488 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Yoda
October 1, 2018, 3:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
If he managed it which ido not think he can it would be the biggest turnaround the club has ever seen,
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
October 1, 2018, 3:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Biggest turnaround since lat season you mean?

I reckon he just loves a relegation scrap. It's all he's ever known as a manager.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
Paris Mariner
October 1, 2018, 3:54pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Of course he can. We aren't even 1/4 of the way through the flippin season!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 70
conocoloco
October 1, 2018, 4:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +30
I Certainly Hope He Can But I Can't See It Starting Tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
marinerdazza
October 1, 2018, 4:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
I believe I can fly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
Northbank Mariner
October 1, 2018, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Honestly, no I don't think he can, last year he had a bunch of lads who he didn't know and who didn't know him and were so sick of hoofball under slade I'm not convinced humpty dumpty couldn't have turned it around..plus I'm not sure he has the right man at his side in limbrick.
I do wonder how much losing Warrington and Wilko has affected the results and I have to say it, the attitude of the players....
Can't ignore these are the players he chose to sign....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 70
Paris Mariner
October 1, 2018, 4:18pm
Main Stander
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Honestly, no I don't think he can, last year he had a bunch of lads who he didn't know and who didn't know him and were so sick of hoofball under slade I'm not convinced humpty dumpty couldn't have turned it around..plus I'm not sure he has the right man at his side in limbrick.
I do wonder how much losing Warrington and Wilko has affected the results and I have to say it, the attitude of the players....
Can't ignore these are the players he chose to sign....

I'm not sure Wilko brought much to the table in terms of modern coaching from his exercises pre-match

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 70
Northbank Mariner
October 1, 2018, 4:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I'm not sure Wilko brought much to the table in terms of modern coaching from his exercises pre-match

I probably concur with that but the fact that he isn't there to put the senior pro's in their place and make them show some respect to a young manager does make me wonder.....christ the pre-match drills are hardly owt to shout home about, if that's modern coaching, we are all screwed...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
forza ivano
October 1, 2018, 4:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
i will tell you next week, cos i suspect these next 2 games will be make or break
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
Mikey_345
October 1, 2018, 4:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,353
Gold Stars: 100
Yes, Absolutley. We are very quick to sack managers these days.

I think a couple of wins and people will forget this, however a couple more defeats and I think JF and the board will have no choice.

Showed he has the ability to last season, we really where in deep trouble.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 70
Paris Mariner
October 1, 2018, 4:39pm
Main Stander

I probably concur with that but the fact that he isn't there to put the senior pro's in their place and make them show some respect to a young manager does make me wonder.....christ the pre-match drills are hardly owt to shout home about, if that's modern coaching, we are all screwed...

I think it shows a lot about a manager's coaching methods what they do pre-match. Take Lincoln, for example, on the pitch before the game at BP earlier in the season they had 9 back room staff on the pitch (including the Cowley's) and three groups of players warming up (subs, first XI and keepers). OK, they didn't play well that day but they probably do the same routine most weeks and a sitting pretty at the top of League 2. Meanwhile, you want Wilko to come back with his 'chipping it up to four defenders from the half-way line warm up'...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 70
moosey_club
October 1, 2018, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
MJ
JF
B.O.D
50% of the support perhaps

outside of that...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
grimsby pete
October 1, 2018, 4:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Well up to now I have seen town win and draw on I follow,

BUT

Sadly I can not watch tomororror as I have a previous appointment,

So Town will win  mark my words.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
sydney
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
We don’t look like a team that can scrape a draw
We tried that at Stevenage
There ain’t any wins coming at the min
I am as lost as MJ with it all
Plus we look so unfit ?
Come on please please prove me wrong Town and get a result somewhere v v soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
Gaffer58
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
When people say he turned us around last season does that mean we suddenly started playing the ball on the deck and passed our way round the opposition, from what my old memory recalls we still hoofed it up front hoping for something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
Ipswin
October 1, 2018, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58
When people say he turned us around last season does that mean we suddenly started playing the ball on the deck and passed our way round the opposition, from what my old memory recalls we still hoofed it up front hoping for something.

We just played the few teams that were even more crap than us and got lucky with penalties

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
dapperz fun pub
October 1, 2018, 4:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Gaffer58

Agreed about the style of football but he did sort of get some spirit/ fight into the team .. which sadly now appears not to be there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
arryarryarry
October 1, 2018, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116

Why would you think Wilko would put senior players in their place, whenever interviewed he didn't seem to know what was going on and if I remember correctly he didn't have much success with getting them playing when he was in charge.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Maringer
October 1, 2018, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I don't go with the view that we look unfit in any way. I think we're just lacking a bit in pace. Combined with the fact that we're playing poorly and so find ourselves on the back foot, just reacting to what is happening, and so it looks as though we just can't keep up with the opposition.

In our good performance against Lincoln, we didn't look unfit because we were on the front foot. It we can somehow find form from somewhere, we'll suddenly seem a lot fitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 5:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Gaffer58

We played promotion chasing Notts County off the pitch. Some very good football that day. Did the same to Lincoln this season, without getting the win we deserved. When he has got it right, it's been good to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
Northbank Mariner
October 1, 2018, 5:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I think it shows a lot about a manager's coaching methods what they do pre-match. Take Lincoln, for example, on the pitch before the game at BP earlier in the season they had 9 back room staff on the pitch (including the Cowley's) and three groups of players warming up (subs, first XI and keepers). OK, they didn't play well that day but they probably do the same routine most weeks and a sitting pretty at the top of League 2. Meanwhile, you want Wilko to come back with his 'chipping it up to four defenders from the half-way line warm up'...

No I don't wilko back for his coaching methods...all I am saying is that maybe he was the strong hand last season...I have no doubt he kept his trap shut due to slades relationship with Fenty and yes, the games under him were terrible but I think the players probably got more rollockings and were made to listen to what Jolley had to say whereas as now there appears to be a lack of discipline.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
Mariner Timsky
October 1, 2018, 5:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Really want Jolley to get it right and do well for us but unfortunately I just can’t see it.

Think this time next week and after 2 more defeats we could well be manager less.

Now if we had a decent board in charge then talks and contacts would be made right now seeing who is available to come in say next Monday and sort this lot out.

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
Cod Cheeks
October 1, 2018, 5:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +374
Yes of course he can and hopefully will
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
golfer
October 1, 2018, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Maringer
I don't go with the view that we look unfit in any way. I think we're just lacking a bit in pace. Combined with the fact that we're playing poorly and so find ourselves on the back foot, just reacting to what is happening, and so it looks as though we just can't keep up with the opposition.

In our good performance against Lincoln, we didn't look unfit because we were on the front foot. It we can somehow find form from somewhere, we'll suddenly seem a lot fitter.

Good post. We have had the run of luck against us.[ It's never happened to me   ] but I know several golfers who have hit a bad shot,then their next shot is invariably bad because they are trying too hard. A lot of it is a confidence thing that is affecting our players-just a bit of luck and we could turn the tables. At the moment every mistake seems to get punished. I bet they are as drunk off as we are-the tide will soon turn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
davmariner
October 1, 2018, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Afraid I can’t see him turning it around. He’s full of cliches and soundbites and has demonstrated very little substance.

We’re a terrible team that can’t defend, can’t create chances and certainly can’t score.

Have seen most of pre-season (the little we had of it) and every game this season. I think this is one of the most inept GTFC teams ever.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2018, 7:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228

No I don't wilko back for his coaching methods...all I am saying is that maybe he was the strong hand last season...I have no doubt he kept his trap shut due to slades relationship with Fenty and yes, the games under him were terrible but I think the players probably got more rollockings and were made to listen to what Jolley had to say whereas as now there appears to be a lack of discipline.....

A fair proportion of this squad was ever coached by Wilko in fact only 3 of the lads that started on Saturday where here last year,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
Townee82
October 1, 2018, 7:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Is the problem that MJ is just to nice ? We keep hearing stories about what a genuinly good guy with a caring nature he is , people of this temperament are often taken advantage of by fellow humans as they see these as a weakness to be exploited maybe the squad are taking liberties and abusing his deminure .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2018, 8:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Townee82
Is the problem that MJ is just to nice ? We keep hearing stories about what a genuinly good guy with a caring nature he is , people of this temperament are often taken advantage of by fellow humans as they see these as a weakness to be exploited maybe the squad are taking liberties and abusing his deminure .

I wondered this, is the "modern way" not effective with 4th Division footballers some of whom have been around he circuit for a bit? At school you always respected the stricter teachers more.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
lowerfindus
October 1, 2018, 9:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
A little patience is what's required but after 15 years of fenty rule any sign of trouble puts even the most mild town fan into a flat spin. Patience is thin when even your most successful manager of the last 7 years had a pretty dire home record. What has there to be excited about watching town at home for years?

We can't go on sacking manager after manager and expect things to change. At some point we have to give someone a chance to build.

I believe that given time MJ can do that. It's the first time we have a guy in charge that seems to understand the area. He has brought in players most of us see as decent even if they are not performing presently. Since being back in the league 4 managers have struggled to get a striker in. That means either all four (PH,MB,RS,MJ) have rubbish contacts, all four don't like signing forward, all four don't want to score goals, all four have personality disorders that drive players away or more likely all four have been unable to go for strikers due to budget and location of GTFC.

Fenty is the real problem at our club and he is a very lucky non chairman that the fans are not motivated enough to be calling for his head at every opportunity. That's the kind of silent misery you get when a club has been consistently badly run and alienated fans.

UTM

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
A.l.f.
October 1, 2018, 9:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Yes i think he can BUT the players need to work harder and show us that they are not as bad as we saw on Saturday and the last few matches.  We need pace and width so need to give Akeem Rose and Max Wright a go and get some service to Wes Thomas.
I'm hoping he can as Saturday was awful and ruined my weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2018, 10:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Yes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
Mariner_09
October 1, 2018, 10:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I'm pretty certain that he CAN whether he WILL or not remains to be seen and I hope and think he will be given the time to show if he does. He clearly CAN otherwise we'd have been relegated last season. There are mitigating circumstances, injuries to players you'd rather have in the team and frankly restless fans who take no second invitations at throwing uninformed and unwarranted criticism at the team and manager. Obviously this understandable given the depravity of footballing quality since the turn of the century, but the fickleness of our fans is still undoubtedly present and can be overbearing I fear.

The other is that the problem ostensibly lies far deeper than Jolley. Paul Hurst is the only Town manager to have succeeded in my lifetime and it took him enough time to do so. Therefore a root cause is the only plausible explanation, this being John Fenty. He must set pitiful, alleged "competitive budgets" and seemingly expects minor miracles to occur while his dream of "Fentyism" becoming a reality in the vanity project that is the new stadium fails again and again due to his over-inflated ego. In short Jolley has the capability to turning the situation around but I believed he has been equipped with tools that make the task practically impossible.

Our club is intrinsically associated with failure since the "Fenty era" began and it will not abate until there is either a dramatic change in approach from Mr Fenty or he simply moves aside. Does he entertain outside investment as much as he public claims? I have my doubts. Does he want to step aside as much as he claims? Again, it is relatively clear that he doesn't. Thanks to 17-18 years of consistent failure with one promotion and a handful or memorable moments we are now seen as a club that lurks around the gateway to non-league and it wouldn't be surprising if we went back there.

I won't criticise Fenty for Jolley's appointment as pretty much everyone, including me, were absolutely behind this appointment. I can criticise him for appointing Marcus Bignot (when we were actually quite an attractive prospect I suspect because we had momentum in the right direction for once). I can't understand how on you can have a conversation with Bignot and not come to the conclusion that he is a complete "fruit loop". He still appointed him. Had we appointed Jolley (and given him a genuinely competitive budget) we'd probably be in a much better position now.

Jolley isn't particularly burdened by past failures as most of our past managers were and I hope given his relative lack of scars means he can re-energise the club in a way that previously was impossible. I desperately hope he can because I do think that his long term strategy would be ultimately very successful. Another new manager and then another shed load of new signings is the opposite of what is desirable. We are at the stage in the season where we can afford to give him time. If things don't improve (meaning we still get no points and score virtually no goals) by the end of November then I would act as that would be a decent sample to make a judgement upon. Until then I would try to relieve pressure and encourage motivation and belief. Surely positive energy would be more lucrative than this current atmosphere?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
Zmariner
October 1, 2018, 11:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
I gamble we will see Collins in central defence tomorrow, Woolford ambling down the wing and Walsh winning block tackles then passing to the opposition. Davies at full back where he looks crap and Jordan Cook ruining himself ragged chasing big boots. We have. No pace, no strikers who can score, no wingers at all and a truly diabolical defence.
The players are not unfit just bemused by the set up
2 more games for MJ but I am lost on how he sets a team up. Can he turn this around, appears smart enough but 2 more defeats and he has got to go as his start deserves that. If there were some glimmers and structure fair enough but we have been rubbish from day 1 this season. We competed in only 3 games and that is pitiful. So he selects a logical team and gets a result or I would get rid sooner than later. Fingers crossed as we would all love him to succeed but a loss tomorrow and I will not show on Saturday with him in charge as it is a monumental waste of time and just makes me angry utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 11:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Zmariner
I gamble we will see Collins in central defence tomorrow, Woolford ambling down the wing and Walsh winning block tackles then passing to the opposition. Davies at full back where he looks crap and Jordan Cook ruining himself ragged chasing big boots. We have. No pace, no strikers who can score, no wingers at all and a truly diabolical defence.
The players are not unfit just bemused by the set up
2 more games for MJ but I am lost on how he sets a team up. Can he turn this around, appears smart enough but 2 more defeats and he has got to go as his start deserves that. If there were some glimmers and structure fair enough but we have been rubbish from day 1 this season. We competed in only 3 games and that is pitiful. So he selects a logical team and gets a result or I would get rid sooner than later. Fingers crossed as we would all love him to succeed but a loss tomorrow and I will not show on Saturday with him in charge as it is a monumental waste of time and just makes me angry utm

Not much choice really, given that we are down to 2 fit centre backs. Davies won't be at full back because he has joined the growing injury list, and Cook is also carrying a knock. Think Hendrie can play centre back, but we have no left backs fit, so i presume he will play there, as he did Saturday when Davies went off. We really have been unlucky with injuries and suspensions so far, which is why i think we should hang fire a bit longer before changing the manager yet again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
Mrs Doyle
October 2, 2018, 4:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Ipswin

We just played the few teams that were even more crap than us and got lucky with penalties

Really how many did you see?

He has the time to do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
HertsGTFC
October 2, 2018, 6:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
I don’t think the question should be whether MJ has it within him to move this forward as I think he does but I think that question should be posed towards the players.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a group surrender like I have this lot in the last month or so, even at 0-0 it feels like they are waiting for the inevitable to happen rather than putting in a second effort to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
1mickylyons
October 2, 2018, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I think he can and I think the player`s are far better than they are currently performing.Personally and this will upset a few I would start my changes with goalkeeper we need a far more commanding keeper and have done since Promotion.We were at our best when Henderson was in the team however long ago that was.Next Collins get him out and estabilish a partnership and build the spine from there CM and CF are doing ok the weak link is at the back.The decision to let Pearson go looks more baffling by the minute ? Clarke wasn`t anywhere near as good as SP and clearly DC this Season isn`t as good as Clarke was.In my opinion League 2 has been pish poor since we got back up yet we have found it a massive struggle the other ex football league clubs who suffered our fate Bristol,Lincoln and Tranmere and to a degree Cheltenham have had nowhere near our problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
arryarryarry
October 2, 2018, 12:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'm pretty certain that he CAN whether he WILL or not remains to be seen and I hope and think he will be given the time to show if he does. He clearly CAN otherwise we'd have been relegated last season. There are mitigating circumstances, injuries to players you'd rather have in the team and frankly restless fans who take no second invitations at throwing uninformed and unwarranted criticism at the team and manager. Obviously this understandable given the depravity of footballing quality since the turn of the century, but the fickleness of our fans is still undoubtedly present and can be overbearing I fear.

The other is that the problem ostensibly lies far deeper than Jolley. Paul Hurst is the only Town manager to have succeeded in my lifetime and it took him enough time to do so. Therefore a root cause is the only plausible explanation, this being John Fenty. He must set pitiful, alleged "competitive budgets" and seemingly expects minor miracles to occur while his dream of "Fentyism" becoming a reality in the vanity project that is the new stadium fails again and again due to his over-inflated ego. In short Jolley has the capability to turning the situation around but I believed he has been equipped with tools that make the task practically impossible.

Our club is intrinsically associated with failure since the "Fenty era" began and it will not abate until there is either a dramatic change in approach from Mr Fenty or he simply moves aside. Does he entertain outside investment as much as he public claims? I have my doubts. Does he want to step aside as much as he claims? Again, it is relatively clear that he doesn't. Thanks to 17-18 years of consistent failure with one promotion and a handful or memorable moments we are now seen as a club that lurks around the gateway to non-league and it wouldn't be surprising if we went back there.

I won't criticise Fenty for Jolley's appointment as pretty much everyone, including me, were absolutely behind this appointment. I can criticise him for appointing Marcus Bignot (when we were actually quite an attractive prospect I suspect because we had momentum in the right direction for once). I can't understand how on you can have a conversation with Bignot and not come to the conclusion that he is a complete "fruit loop". He still appointed him. Had we appointed Jolley (and given him a genuinely competitive budget) we'd probably be in a much better position now.

Jolley isn't particularly burdened by past failures as most of our past managers were and I hope given his relative lack of scars means he can re-energise the club in a way that previously was impossible. I desperately hope he can because I do think that his long term strategy would be ultimately very successful. Another new manager and then another shed load of new signings is the opposite of what is desirable. We are at the stage in the season where we can afford to give him time. If things don't improve (meaning we still get no points and score virtually no goals) by the end of November then I would act as that would be a decent sample to make a judgement upon. Until then I would try to relieve pressure and encourage motivation and belief. Surely positive energy would be more lucrative than this current atmosphere?

Yes, the old "it's the fans fault" again.

How about us fans getting a protest together on Saturday shouting "fans out"
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
diehardmariner
October 2, 2018, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Of course he can.

We looked a worse side than this and (amazingly) even less of a goal threat when we had that dry spell under Buckley MkIII before Patto got a consolation goal away at Torquay before we thumped Boston 6-0 the next week.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
psgmariner
October 2, 2018, 1:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
He has made lots of mistakes this season but I can't see us attracting anyone decent so may as well stick with him another month and hope he comes good.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 2, 2018, 1:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mariner_09

Thank you Mrs Jolley!

As a sad and restless fan wishing to throw a bit of unwarranted and uniformed criticism, may I just point out that Mr Jolley may not be overburdened by failure but he is not overburdened by success either. Youth coaching, which like Neil Woods is what Jolley has done most of, is not about results but about player development. When tasked with getting grown men in a first team men to achieve in a league his scoreboard in Sweden was not exactly impressive was it? This is a very different world to the training pitch full of eager young lads busting a gut to do as they are told in the hope of making the first team.

All this chuntering about patience, new attitudes and becoming like Crewe used to be and the like is just so much eyewash. Jolley's job is very, very simple - get points on the board in L2 .........now. Not tomorrow, not next season, not in the new stadium but now .... before it's too late.

I cannot believe he got this job on results so he must have had some very influential acquaintances and a brilliant interview technique.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
diehardmariner
October 2, 2018, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from ginnywings

Not much choice really, given that we are down to 2 fit centre backs. Davies won't be at full back because he has joined the growing injury list, and Cook is also carrying a knock. Think Hendrie can play centre back, but we have no left backs fit, so i presume he will play there, as he did Saturday when Davies went off. We really have been unlucky with injuries and suspensions so far, which is why i think we should hang fire a bit longer before changing the manager yet again.

Really good point and quite easy to forget that we have had a bloody awful run with injuries.   Obviously when the chips are down it's easy to over analyse everything and in this instance the finger of blame gets pointed at this new approach with the fitness coaches and raises the questions of what is actually going on at the training ground that's causing all these injuries.

But with a fully fit squad to choose from and providing there's no needless tinkering, it's not the worst line-up in the world.  I think defensively it looks a bit weak and it would definitely benefit from a proper No 9 up top but there's an absolute luxury of players who could play as the support strikers/attacking midfielders.  

In Jolley's shoes and based on what I've seen so far, I would be making Famewo and Whitmore my back pairing for now.  Davis looks to be out for the long-term and you need some pace at the heart of the defence.  Hall-Johnson on the right is fine and providing he's got a decent winger in front of him/isn't over exposed I think Fox is fine too, he just needs a run of games to get into this stride (like he did last season).

Midfield depends on what system you're playing.  Personally I would really like to see us go for it and have a 3 of Welsh, Embleton and Pringle.  Welsh anchoring with the other two given licence to push on and be creative, especially in the absence of two rampaging full-backs.  You've then got Rose, Clifton and Hessenthaler who can come in at any point.  

Up top I still maintain we badly miss Cardwell.  He's not a world beater but he was a very effective leader of the line towards the end of last season.  Him fit and leading the line would make a massive difference, any two of Cook, Vernam and Thomas working off his running and hustle would get plenty of opportunities.  That's before even having the option of bringing sheer pace on in the form of Rose and Wright, which I firmly believe would terrify sides in the closing 20 minutes of games.

Working with what we've got doesn't address the lack of balance in the squad but it isn't impossible to pick something that resembles a team.  
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
Paris Mariner
October 2, 2018, 2:15pm
Main Stander

I can see your point.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 70
October 2, 2018, 2:42pm
Guest User
Yes
Reply: 43 - 70
rancido
October 2, 2018, 4:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96

Thank you Mrs Jolley!

As a sad and restless fan wishing to throw a bit of unwarranted and uniformed criticism, may I just point out that Mr Jolley may not be overburdened by failure but he is not overburdened by success either. Youth coaching, which like Neil Woods is what Jolley has done most of, is not about results but about player development. When tasked with getting grown men in a first team men to achieve in a league his scoreboard in Sweden was not exactly impressive was it? This is a very different world to the training pitch full of eager young lads busting a gut to do as they are told in the hope of making the first team.

All this chuntering about patience, new attitudes and becoming like Crewe used to be and the like is just so much eyewash. Jolley's job is very, very simple - get points on the board in L2 .........now. Not tomorrow, not next season, not in the new stadium but now .... before it's too late.

I cannot believe he got this job on results so he must have had some very influential acquaintances and a brilliant interview technique.

Jolley was the under 23 team coach at Burnley for three years - hardly youth coaching! I would imagine quite a few of the players he was working with were in the 20 -23 year old bracket and could be described as " grown men ". These would all be players who were on the cusp of playing for the first team and certainly not raw novices.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
Richard
October 2, 2018, 5:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
i think we need to sign that canadian goose
last seen at macc not seen or won since  

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
grimsby pete
October 2, 2018, 5:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
If a man deserves to keep his job because of his hard work and commitment then its Jolley.

Whether he does or not depends on results and I for one hopes he can get them.

Starting with beating Carlisle then Port Vale.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 2, 2018, 5:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Jolley was the under 23 team coach at Burnley for three years - hardly youth coaching! I would imagine quite a few of the players he was working with were in the 20 -23 year old bracket and could be described as " grown men ". These would all be players who were on the cusp of playing for the first team and certainly not raw novices.

I am not saying he is a useless coach, far from it. But the job is completely different. To the first team manager at Burnley the priority he would give Jolley would be to develop players. That is totally different to being the first team manager. That job is about responsibility for the first team squad and getting results to progress the club. In L2 these are largely mature blokes with homes and families to support on wages that may be reasonable but will not be massive and contracts which are short term. There is a world of difference between dealing with a Burnley U-23 player on the way up and sorting out Danny Collins on his way down. Getting players to buy in to what the manager wants to see as a team on the park is the key factor. Yes, there is an element of player development but the guts of the job is to get results week on week, especially these days where a managerial position can be very short-lived.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
arryarryarry
October 2, 2018, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I am not saying he is a useless coach, far from it. But the job is completely different. To the first team manager at Burnley the priority he would give Jolley would be to develop players. That is totally different to being the first team manager. That job is about responsibility for the first team squad and getting results to progress the club. In L2 these are largely mature blokes with homes and families to support on wages that may be reasonable but will not be massive and contracts which are short term. There is a world of difference between dealing with a Burnley U-23 player on the way up and sorting out Danny Collins on his way down. Getting players to buy in to what the manager wants to see as a team on the park is the key factor. Yes, there is an element of player development but the guts of the job is to get results week on week, especially these days where a managerial position can be very short-lived.

I agree.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
chaos33
October 2, 2018, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I think you make a very pertinent point RRFC.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
promotion plaice
October 2, 2018, 9:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,046
Gold Stars: 197

I do a bit more now after tonight's confidence boosting win at Carlisle.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 2, 2018, 9:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I’d decided I didn’t after the morecambe game, but one games past and he’s taken a big step in proving me wrong, and i’ll be more than ecstatic to be made to look silly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
Zmariner
October 2, 2018, 9:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Delighted to be eating  humble pie after comments expressing my doubts. Very brave team selections from Michael jolly tonight and huge respect for this. Absolutely delighted and some pride restored, we must follow it up on Saturday. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
oochiad
October 2, 2018, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Yes but if we don’t follow it up on Saturday let’s not all jump on his back! Things will come good but it may take time.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
October 2, 2018, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Zmariner
Delighted to be eating  humble pie after comments expressing my doubts. Very brave team selections from Michael jolly tonight and huge respect for this. Absolutely delighted and some pride restored, we must follow it up on Saturday. Utm

No humble pie to be eaten. We have won a game, and no one is more delighted about that than me; however, Saturday and the weeks before still happened and we can only comment on what is put before us.

I am very pleased for MJ tonight, he will be feeling a whole lot better but there is a mountain of work still to do.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
1mickylyons
October 3, 2018, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Well done MJ most of the fan`s have tried to stick with him but this excellent win needs backing up with another Saturday or at the very least a draw.Keep it going fella.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
Jarmo.Is.God
October 3, 2018, 9:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
1 win doesn't make MJ a great manager, just like the 6 defeats didn't make him a dreadful manager IMO

Town fans need to remember that sometimes things don't go your way.
We've had injuries
Red cards
Played good teams
And had 0 momentum and 0 confidence.

We are Grimsby town, with a young, inexperienced manager, and people need to give him time when things don't go well, just like they need to not get too excited after a win.

MJ had a plan with a team and formation and instantly lost Whitehouse for the season before it even started.
He then lost Hall-Johnson, who is a very good wing back IMO

So despite only being 11 games in, weve had a lot of changes that he's been forced into, and played some good teams

Basically, give him time when its not going great, and stay grounded when we win.

We won't go up, and we won't go down, i'm sure of that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 3, 2018, 9:58am
Special Brew Drinker

No humble pie to be eaten. We have won a game, and no one is more delighted about that than me; however, Saturday and the weeks before still happened and we can only comment on what is put before us.

I am very pleased for MJ tonight, he will be feeling a whole lot better but there is a mountain of work still to do.

Absolutely. I think the manager will have learned from this win more than from the defeats. What did he do right? He picked players in positions to give of their best and they did. There has to be a place for Vernam in the side though I would say neither he nor Hooper will ever be a true striker. At times Vernam reminds me of a young Kevin Keegan but his finishing is poor. The lack of a potent striker once again almost cost us dearly because we could have had Carlisle dead and buried by half time and instead were backs to the wall.

I am chuffed to ribbons with the 3 points though, especially as at one stage we were propping up the whole EFL. Let’s see what Saturday brings. Can we break the BP poor form  hoodoo? Hope so. UTM

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
rancido
October 3, 2018, 11:28am

Special Brew Drinker

You make some good points but all coaches/managers have to have some kind of basic knowledge to work from including relevant qualifications. Even the older players will have gone through some kind of development work in their early careers and worked under coaches, like Jolley, who have the necessary coaching qualifications. MJ also has the League Managers Association Diploma In Football Management. This qualification covers subjects such as Influencing and Negotiation, Mental Toughness and Resilience,  Football Finance, Diversity , Equality and Inclusion, Sports Science and Performance Analytics and focused on leadership, personal development and well being. These are all areas that in the past managers would have acquired by years of experience but the Football League have managed to put them in course form. His qualifications in the world of finance and his financial employment demonstrates that he is able to transfer the theoretical side into the practical side.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
rancido
October 3, 2018, 11:33am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yes, the old "it's the fans fault" again.

How about us fans getting a protest together on Saturday shouting "fans out"

Nobody is blaming the fans and the post doesn't say that. The fans though can influence the mood in the dressing room and on the pitch,especially if there are lots of negative, personal and unconstructive comments directed at the management/players.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
Cloudy
October 3, 2018, 11:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Dont often agree with Rancido but the last two posts above are spot on IMHO
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
ginnywings
October 3, 2018, 11:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
I feel that managers like Jolley will become the norm rather than the exception eventually. He has all the qualifications, but like a lot of people fresh out of school, he has to acquire the on the job experience. That will only come with time, and time will only be allowed if the results are sufficient to keep the axe from hovering. Some clubs will be more patient than others, and some clubs will be better able to support fledgling managers than others.

Some feel that our board are way behind the times and should Jolley fail, can the blame be solely attached to him and him alone? There is also the fan equation. Will the fans stay patient when they have seen no progress from the team since we returned to the football league?

I think Jolley can turn it around given time and support from the board and the fans. As ever, only time will tell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
1mickylyons
October 3, 2018, 12:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
I missed the last home game but I haven`t heard anything other than individual comments or conversations that have been anything but supportive of MJ. I think the overwhelming majority want him to succeed and it was always going to take time BUT nobody expected such a dreadful start.Mr Fenty would have been well within his rights to have fired him after Saturday given the run of results and should we lose this Saturday it will heap the pressure back on.A win Saturday buys some breathing space for a few week`s and we will be another 2 weeks nearer January and some much needed reinforcements.Keep it going MJ
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 3, 2018, 12:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

You make some good points but all coaches/managers have to have some kind of basic knowledge to work from including relevant qualifications. Even the older players will have gone through some kind of development work in their early careers and worked under coaches, like Jolley, who have the necessary coaching qualifications. MJ also has the League Managers Association Diploma In Football Management. This qualification covers subjects such as Influencing and Negotiation, Mental Toughness and Resilience,  Football Finance, Diversity , Equality and Inclusion, Sports Science and Performance Analytics and focused on leadership, personal development and well being. These are all areas that in the past managers would have acquired by years of experience but the Football League have managed to put them in course form. His qualifications in the world of finance and his financial employment demonstrates that he is able to transfer the theoretical side into the practical side.

I have read the curriculum and I know what he will have studied for his Business qualifications. Most of the FIFA classroom stuff is about as much use as a chocolate teapot in the real world because it tries to use models from other disciplines of work to create a football industry qualification. In fact it is part of the attempt to create an industry out of a sport.

There are plenty of alternative theories on how the game should be played but the one key factor in football management is the management of people and in particular people who have more experience and/or knowledge than the manager does. In general that matters little at youth level but once you get into the first team slot it is absolutely crucial. Some of it is a personal quality and some of it is a matter of common sense. I remember finding this out in my first managerial level job being promoted over older blokes. Not easy. You have to prove yourself every day. All my academic qualifications counted for zilch until I could give proof positive I could do the job.

Of course there are other factors to consider but my personal opinion is that this is still Jolley’s biggest problem just now. He has to prove himself as a practical winner of games, show the dressing room that his decisions will get them results and he is not just a fancy-dan with a smart suit, laptop and letters after his name.

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
rancido
October 3, 2018, 1:34pm

Special Brew Drinker

I have read the curriculum and I know what he will have studied for his Business qualifications. Most of the FIFA classroom stuff is about as much use as a chocolate teapot in the real world because it tries to use models from other disciplines of work to create a football industry qualification. In fact it is part of the attempt to create an industry out of a sport.

There are plenty of alternative theories on how the game should be played but the one key factor in football management is the management of people and in particular people who have more experience and/or knowledge than the manager does. In general that matters little at youth level but once you get into the first team slot it is absolutely crucial. Some of it is a personal quality and some of it is a matter of common sense. I remember finding this out in my first managerial level job being promoted over older blokes. Not easy. You have to prove yourself every day. All my academic qualifications counted for zilch until I could give proof positive I could do the job.

Of course there are other factors to consider but my personal opinion is that this is still Jolley’s biggest problem just now. He has to prove himself as a practical winner of games, show the dressing room that his decisions will get them results and he is not just a fancy-dan with a smart suit, laptop and letters after his name.

A lot of the points you make are valid and indeed I agree with. The one part I do disagree on is the highlighted part. Football is indeed a sport but the world of " organised sport " as football is through FIFA is an industry. It might not fit into your perceived model of what an industry is but nevertheless it is and business models for industry are relevant.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
barralad
October 3, 2018, 2:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

Nobody is blaming the fans and the post doesn't say that. The fans though can influence the mood in the dressing room and on the pitch,especially if there are lots of negative, personal and unconstructive comments directed at the management/players.

I've already said elsewhere but last night we saw the undoubted benefits of fans getting behind the team from the first minute. The singing and chanting didn't just start after we scored.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
pen penfras
October 3, 2018, 3:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from barralad

I've already said elsewhere but last night we saw the undoubted benefits of fans getting behind the team from the first minute. The singing and chanting didn't just start after we scored.

It's always like that away. The away support is almost always brilliant. It's at home where the miserable gits seem to drag the tone down from early on in a game almost weekly. And this isn't a new thing, it's been a constant ever since I started going even under Laws and Buckley II. For some reason, if we're not winning or playing very well after 15-20 minutes, the shouts of rubbish etc are ringing out. This is a very small minority of people, you can probably count them on your fingers, but they seem to bring the whole atmosphere down to me.

I don't think it's any coincidence that when Jolley came in last season and it was literally get behind the team or we go down, that the fans turned out in numbers, got behind the team like I've never seen before and the performances followed. I remember us going behind (Port Vale iirc) and the fans actually got behind the team and encouraged rather than moaned and it felt like a totally different place to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
October 3, 2018, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

I have to say I think that is just a reaction to a win.

Especially away from home our support is great, but usually makes no difference to the result whatsoever.

It is totally unrealistic to expect fans to sing and chant for 90 minutes if the result is going against you.

I don't expect BP will be a cauldron on Saturday but I don't expect us to meekly surrender just because the crowd are quiet .
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
MuddyWaters
October 3, 2018, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

It's a two-way thing though isn't it? The crowd at BP have, for time immemorial, always taken some stirring. I hoped - and still hope - that MJ will deliver what he said pre-season and produce a team that plays with pace, a high tempo and on the front foot. That would certainly please a miserable old curmudgeon like me.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
barralad
October 3, 2018, 4:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

I have to say I think that is just a reaction to a win.

Especially away from home our support is great, but usually makes no difference to the result whatsoever.

It is totally unrealistic to expect fans to sing and chant for 90 minutes if the result is going against you.

I don't expect BP will be a cauldron on Saturday but I don't expect us to meekly surrender just because the crowd are quiet .

Well we didn't go behind so you may be right. It just struck me that there seemed to be a concerted effort from the first minute led by a small group in the front couple of rows. It wasn't something I experienced at Macclesfield where we also won. I've tried to think of similar matches and off the top of my head the only time I can remember thinking the same was a game at Bury (possibly in Mike Newell's spell) where the late, great Trumpeter Rich and a drummer created the same conditions...we won that day as well. Trust me Brunton Park was like a morgue last night and the players would have heard every word..especially in the second half. I

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
nightrider
October 3, 2018, 5:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Only been to Brunton park once during Slade1, I think we took close to a thousand fans and were chasing promotion. Difficult place to make noise due to it being open? So the 150 last night did very well to create some noise

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does Anybody Believe MJ Can Turn This Around.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.