Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does Anybody Believe MJ Can Turn This Around.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Does Anybody Believe MJ Can Turn This Around.

This thread currently has 9,481 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
October 1, 2018, 4:39pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I probably concur with that but the fact that he isn't there to put the senior pro's in their place and make them show some respect to a young manager does make me wonder.....christ the pre-match drills are hardly owt to shout home about, if that's modern coaching, we are all screwed...

I think it shows a lot about a manager's coaching methods what they do pre-match. Take Lincoln, for example, on the pitch before the game at BP earlier in the season they had 9 back room staff on the pitch (including the Cowley's) and three groups of players warming up (subs, first XI and keepers). OK, they didn't play well that day but they probably do the same routine most weeks and a sitting pretty at the top of League 2. Meanwhile, you want Wilko to come back with his 'chipping it up to four defenders from the half-way line warm up'...

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 70
moosey_club
October 1, 2018, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
MJ
JF
B.O.D
50% of the support perhaps

outside of that...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
grimsby pete
October 1, 2018, 4:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Well up to now I have seen town win and draw on I follow,

BUT

Sadly I can not watch tomororror as I have a previous appointment,

So Town will win  mark my words.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
sydney
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
We don’t look like a team that can scrape a draw
We tried that at Stevenage
There ain’t any wins coming at the min
I am as lost as MJ with it all
Plus we look so unfit ?
Come on please please prove me wrong Town and get a result somewhere v v soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
Gaffer58
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
When people say he turned us around last season does that mean we suddenly started playing the ball on the deck and passed our way round the opposition, from what my old memory recalls we still hoofed it up front hoping for something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
Ipswin
October 1, 2018, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58
When people say he turned us around last season does that mean we suddenly started playing the ball on the deck and passed our way round the opposition, from what my old memory recalls we still hoofed it up front hoping for something.

We just played the few teams that were even more crap than us and got lucky with penalties

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
dapperz fun pub
October 1, 2018, 4:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Gaffer58

Agreed about the style of football but he did sort of get some spirit/ fight into the team .. which sadly now appears not to be there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
arryarryarry
October 1, 2018, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I probably concur with that but the fact that he isn't there to put the senior pro's in their place and make them show some respect to a young manager does make me wonder.....christ the pre-match drills are hardly owt to shout home about, if that's modern coaching, we are all screwed...

Why would you think Wilko would put senior players in their place, whenever interviewed he didn't seem to know what was going on and if I remember correctly he didn't have much success with getting them playing when he was in charge.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Maringer
October 1, 2018, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
I don't go with the view that we look unfit in any way. I think we're just lacking a bit in pace. Combined with the fact that we're playing poorly and so find ourselves on the back foot, just reacting to what is happening, and so it looks as though we just can't keep up with the opposition.

In our good performance against Lincoln, we didn't look unfit because we were on the front foot. It we can somehow find form from somewhere, we'll suddenly seem a lot fitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 5:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Gaffer58

We played promotion chasing Notts County off the pitch. Some very good football that day. Did the same to Lincoln this season, without getting the win we deserved. When he has got it right, it's been good to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does Anybody Believe MJ Can Turn This Around.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.