Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parallels?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 255 Guests

Parallels?

This thread currently has 2,238 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 30, 2018, 6:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Yoda
September 30, 2018, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Another comparison is us and Stockport County very similar in size and history.
They fell through the conference i can see us doing the same this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
kamakazebear
September 30, 2018, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
I just keep thinking back to the Newell season now. Narrowly kept us up, spent pre season thinking we'd be up there only to be awful.

Least we haven't got Colgan this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
TAGG
September 30, 2018, 7:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Yoda
Another comparison is us and Stockport County very similar in size and history.
They fell through the conference i can see us doing the same this time.

My thoughts exactly.
If we end up going down we will never get back because our club will be dead.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG

My thoughts exactly.
If we end up going down we will never get back because our club will be dead.

Our club has been strangled by the debts & loans for some considerable time. The one chance that we (the fans) had was blown by the vote on Mike Parker's shares - we know what happened then and I fear we will be dealing with the consequences for many years to come.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
golfer
September 30, 2018, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
We will steadily start to improve with the Carlisle match-just watch.  All is not yet lost so no need for drastic action just yet   We have been unfortunate to have had injuries or suspensions from day 1-played some of the top teams as some of us have stated. We might be crap at the moment but by the end of October we will have a better idea of where we are going-then is the time to act-not yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2018, 8:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ginnywings

Well the shirts look similar........... supporters complete over expectancy also feels familiar, and yes the owner wants out for the right offer. Apart from that they'll be playing in the EFL next term and we won't unless something quite spectacular happens.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2018, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Well the shirts look similar........... supporters complete over expectancy also feels familiar, and yes the owner wants out for the right offer. Apart from that they'll be playing in the EFL next term and we won't unless something quite spectacular happens.

Oh forgot to add that Ashley at least appoints what he considers to be expertise on both the business and footballing side to move them forward, we however.............

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Oh forgot to add that Ashley at least appoints what he considers to be expertise on both the business and footballing side to move them forward, we however.............

I feel your anger and hurt Herts. To drive from Herts to watch that you are entitled to be both angry and hurt. You deserve a Fenty service medal.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2018, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker

I feel your anger and hurt Herts. To drive from Herts to watch that you are entitled to be both angry and hurt. You deserve a Fenty service medal.

To be fair like us all I'm a supporter and the distance each week and cost etc.  well it's always going to be my choice and despite my current frustration again like us all I can't see me giving up on this club for a good while yet.  

What grinds my gears is the ineptitude of the decision making from a small group of co-opted tory boys who sit in their bunker (our board room) with their automatic defence mechanism in place to repel and for of new ideas. All they portray is a cross bearing plight that actually they chose and was not imposed on them. The choice they made came with a price but they can't or won't sign the cheques this club needs to bank to take it forward.......... not cheques for marquee mega bucks signings but just enough investment to keep a manager who knew what he was doing and had real success at the club, or the 30+ goal top scorer in the league retained for a season or two.

Add to this giving a fruit loop serious cash to spend and just taking his word that he'd be showing players the door whilst bringing others in and  the lack of imagination in appointing a previous ship jumper and an assistant who wasn't the managers choice etc.. etc... etc,,,,

The "Gang of Four" who sits at the top table are just amateurs failing to manage a complex proffessional business, only in football would this be accepted. .      

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

That would suggest one exists. I doubt that very much.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be fair like us all I'm a supporter and the distance each week and cost etc.  well it's always going to be my choice and despite my current frustration again like us all I can't see me giving up on this club for a good while yet.  

What grinds my gears is the ineptitude of the decision making from a small group of co-opted tory boys who sit in their bunker (our board room) with their automatic defence mechanism in place to repel and for of new ideas. All they portray is a cross bearing plight that actually they chose and was not imposed on them. The choice they made came with a price but they can't or won't sign the cheques this club needs to bank to take it forward.......... not cheques for marquee mega bucks signings but just enough investment to keep a manager who knew what he was doing and had real success at the club, or the 30+ goal top scorer in the league retained for a season or two.

Add to this giving a fruit loop serious cash to spend and just taking his word that he'd be showing players the door whilst bringing others in and  the lack of imagination in appointing a previous ship jumper and an assistant who wasn't the managers choice etc.. etc... etc,,,,

The "Gang of Four" who sits at the top table are just amateurs failing to manage a complex proffessional business, only in football would this be accepted. .      

I think you are underplaying it Herts.   I took a screen shot of last weeks "Fentys Gone" thread. Its the only thing that keeps me going.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
dapperz fun pub
October 1, 2018, 7:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from golfer
We will steadily start to improve with the Carlisle match-just watch.  All is not yet lost so no need for drastic action just yet   We have been unfortunate to have had injuries or suspensions from day 1-played some of the top teams as some of us have stated. We might be crap at the moment but by the end of October we will have a better idea of where we are going-then is the time to act-not yet

Even if all that happened we still need rid of this board and fresh eyes brought in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parallels?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.