5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
September 30, 2018, 10:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Last season when looking for a manager Micheal Jolleys name came up. He  was a risky yet interesting shot. Most fans liked the sound of him.
John Fenty took a punt on him. The man delivered and to the delight of most fans Jolley remained manager.
Now there are big shouts to replace this man without giving him the chance to sort the mess out and calls for Fenty to go despite doing what 80% of supporters would have done.
Don't get it!!!
Private Message
benny_the_docker
September 30, 2018, 10:28am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -7
Perhaps it's the last 16/17 years of failure that people are upset about!  It clearly isn't working! Hope this doesn't turn out to be another Russell Slade or Neil Woods situation!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
Yoda
September 30, 2018, 10:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Yes MJ was a popular choice but it’s hasnt worked out unfortunately, can we risk another relegation to non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
KingstonMariner
September 30, 2018, 10:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Yoda
Yes MJ was a popular choice but it’s hasnt worked out unfortunately, can we risk another relegation to non league.

Which is what we'll get year after year with the people currently running the club.

MJ is just a symptom.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
NorthseaMariner
September 30, 2018, 11:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Yoda

Yep, after 10 games it doesn’t look good. But as I said on another post, we have no money, we are in the relegation zone. If we get someone else in what’s he going to do with someone else’s team and no money? I don’t think even Pep could do much. I think we’ve got to dig deep, stay together and turn it around, I think that’s the only option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
denni266
September 30, 2018, 11:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
The reality is that we have a well qualified coach for a manager . Two totaly different things...thats the problem. he is out of his depth and it will not improve enough to keep us up unless we get a manager in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
Cod Cheeks
September 30, 2018, 11:11am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
Last season when looking for a manager Micheal Jolleys name came up. He  was a risky yet interesting shot. Most fans liked the sound of him.
John Fenty took a punt on him. The man delivered and to the delight of most fans Jolley remained manager.
Now there are big shouts to replace this man without giving him the chance to sort the mess out and calls for Fenty to go despite doing what 80% of supporters would have done.
Don't get it!!!

Absolutely spot on Vinny,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
Yoda
September 30, 2018, 11:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
You say we cannot afford another change look at the gates dropping like a stone even with a ticket offer on.
Can we afford to keep MJ is the question.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
Perkins
September 30, 2018, 11:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from denni266
The reality is that we have a well qualified coach for a manager . Two totaly different things...thats the problem. he is out of his depth and it will not improve enough to keep us up unless we get a manager in

Spot on, coaching qualification is based 90% on theoretical situations within a classroom environment and not on the training ground. Management is a totally different animal which means inspiring confidence and getting the best out of players by means of man management, both of which re not happening at the moment.
I like Jolley as a person and i think he's an honest guy, but at the moment he's lacking the necessary skills required for a manager.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 11:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
Don't get it!!!

What choice did we have? Other preferred managers (to some) had said no.

Of course we got behind him,as we will the next manager and the one after that. We wanted him to succeed, but it hasn't worked. Looking back to last season, we were incredibly lucky to survive really - it could easily have gone the other way and Michael Jolley would not be here now.

I am beginning to think that too much theory and not enough experience of lower league football will be his downfall. It is such a shame as he seems a genuine chap and that speech he gave last season gave us hope that he really could turn the club around, but as ever results mean everything.

He would make a great chairman. Perhaps thats the answer - him and Fenty to swap jobs.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The reality

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.