Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The fishy vultures are gathering again
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 364 Guests

The fishy vultures are gathering again

This thread currently has 6,446 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
September 29, 2018, 9:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
At every opportunity

Ever thought stability and patience may be a better way

Most of us wanted a fresh manager with new ideas but as soon as it goes mammaries up we're picking a new one before the current one has gone.

It's a throw away society for sure

Get real brothers and sisters, who's gonna want to come FFFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
September 29, 2018, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
At every opportunity

Most of us wanted a fresh manager with new ideas but as soon as it goes mammaries up we're picking a new one before the current one has gone.

Sorry but my patience has run out.....it's not working is it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Well someone appointed a management team with no professional experience. It looked bold at the time and it still looks bold, but wrong.

How long do you expect paying customers to pay for crap like today?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
grimsby pete
September 29, 2018, 9:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Well someone appointed a management team with no professional experience. It looked bold at the time and it still looks bold, but wrong.

How long do you expect paying customers to pay for crap like today?

2 games at the most.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
marinerdazza
September 29, 2018, 9:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
FFFS?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
Cod Cheeks
September 29, 2018, 9:45pm
Snakebite drinker
It's poor I agree but things, big things like a total rebuild don't come overnight.
It won't happen I know but I'd love to see what could happen with time.
Last week there was a thread on here asking if bignott was sacked too soon.
I doubt it but...
I'd hate to regret this one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 9:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Patience?

Been waiting since 2006 for a side capable of competing in League 2. Fans are getting nervous about a return to non league, which happened last time we failed to act. It nearly happened again last season when we failed to act. I'm all for giving Jolley some more time, but at some point, you have to make a decision before it's too late. That point hasn't been reached yet by me, but it's getting close.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Cod Cheeks
September 29, 2018, 9:46pm
Snakebite drinker
For Fing F Sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
buckstown
September 29, 2018, 9:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
A significant proportion of people on this board greeted the appointment of MJ with words like "great stuff, Fenty listened to us". After 6 games the same people wanted him on a 3 year contract. Please don't blame Fenty for appointing the man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
A significant proportion of people on this board greeted the appointment of MJ with words like "great stuff, Fenty listened to us". After 6 games the same people wanted him on a 3 year contract. Please don't blame Fenty for appointing the man.

Can I just point out that it was going ok with Wilkinson but isn't with Limbrick. One had experience, the other hasn't.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
Yoda
September 29, 2018, 9:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,971
Gold Stars: 65
MJ was a popular choice after Slade but it’s just not working and i cannot see it improving soon.
On RH it said in second halves we’ve scored 1 and let in 15.
We must act now and change things or it will be to late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
grimsby pete
September 29, 2018, 9:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from buckstown

I agree but there comes a point where a reaction has to happen,

2 more defeats in the next 2 games has to be the reaction.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
Yoda
September 29, 2018, 9:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,971
Gold Stars: 65
Less than 4000 with a ticket offer on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
Northbank Mariner
September 29, 2018, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can I just point out that it was going ok with Wilkinson but isn't with Limbrick. One had experience, the other hasn't.

Absofuckinnglutely with you on this one OC...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
barralad
September 29, 2018, 10:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,196
Gold Stars: 121
I wish I could be bothered to look back at the threads after Slade went, when Wilko was caretaker and those who said Wilko should've gone with Slade..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
Bigdog
September 29, 2018, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
It's poor I agree but things, big things like a total rebuild don't come overnight.
It won't happen I know but I'd love to see what could happen with time.
Last week there was a thread on here asking if bignott was sacked too soon.
I doubt it but...
I'd hate to regret this one

What? Wait until his first choice centre half, who has been absolutely shocking and setting a really bad example to the rest of the squad even though he's coaching them, shuffles onto BP with a zimmer frame and then call it a day? Jolley is not building anything, he's floundering around. The fans know it, and worst of all the players are playing like they know it too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
marinerdazza
September 29, 2018, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
For Fing F Sake

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2018, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters

One has managed a first team at a club the other hasn't. If it was going so well with Wilco why did we have such a bad run after the Notts County Away game and play such poor football?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2018, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
At every opportunity

Bit in bold.....maybe just maybe the gang of 4 should have.....

- Backed the manager who gave us real stability and brought us back to the EFL
- Not recruited someone who had spend most of his managerial career in the 2nd tier of non league or below
- Then replaced the above with a well renowned ship jumper who's career was in decline.  
- Replaced the above with a really decent bloke who cares and works hard but has never managed in the UK and has only had a handful of senior games as a manager. Talk about setting someone up to fail!

Why should the loyal supporters who spend a lot of their hard earned accept the need for stability when the self proclaimed "custodians" of the club with their poor due diligence and lack of football savvy set us up for disaster at every opportunity.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Cloudy
September 29, 2018, 10:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Think most people backed the appointment of a new, young manager with fresh ideas, coaching badges, coming highly recommend from people within the game, tipped as one of the most outstanding up and coming managers in the country.

Don’t think most had ever heard of Jolley. The concept was, and IS, right imo.

Whether Jolley IS right is the question.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2018, 10:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Re OP:  there is no stability and I have no patience after today.  Yes I was pleased at the appointment of Jolley.  Irrelevant now.  Jolley has to go this week. We are not making any progress.  Over to the Board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Zmariner
September 29, 2018, 10:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
I was pro Jolley but having seen all of the home games 3 scenarios for me 1.jolley remains and we get a result midweek then I will be there on Saturday 2. Jolley remains we get battered midweek , then as a season ticket holder I throw in the towel and will stop going. 3 jolley leaves, I will be there Saturday
I cannot recall a worse set of home performances in 40 years as a supporter utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
Tommy
September 30, 2018, 1:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Come on Codger, seriously? This board, almost unanimously, wanted Wilkinson gone when Slade went. Wilko was almost copping as much flak as Slade towards the end of Slade's reign and people were adamant MJ should be allowed to bring his own assistant in.

Don't believe anyone has the credibility to now criticise for not sticking with PW as his no.2. Sorry.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Tommy
September 30, 2018, 1:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Bigdog

What? Wait until his first choice centre half, who has been absolutely shocking and setting a really bad example to the rest of the squad even though he's coaching them, shuffles onto BP with a zimmer frame and then call it a day? Jolley is not building anything, he's floundering around. The fans know it, and worst of all the players are playing like they know it too..

DC isn't part of the coaching set-up.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Tommy
September 30, 2018, 1:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Cloudy
Think most people backed the appointment of a new, young manager with fresh ideas, coaching badges, coming highly recommend from people within the game, tipped as one of the most outstanding up and coming managers in the country.

Don’t think most had ever heard of Jolley. The concept was, and IS, right imo.

Whether Jolley IS right is the question.

This is key, for me.

If this managerial appointment doesn't work out, and when MJ eventually leaves (whether it be in 3 weeks or in 3 years time), we need to stick to concept and ethos set in place with that appointment.

The statement on MJ's appointment about the new approach. About having someone who will support the Club's commitment to bringing through local youth talent from the Academy into the first team. And all the rest of it (it was a long, but quite good, statement this one).

That's laying foundations for a Club philosophy and if Manager A doesn't work out, Manager B who we appoint next needs to fit this philosophy as well. I'd hate for us to abandon it all already and go get a short-term guy like Martin Allen for example or any lower league Sam Allardyce's. Although I accept it can get to a point in the season where if relegation is a serious threat without much time remaining and there could be a case for a temporary change to the short term plan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
arryarryarry
September 30, 2018, 5:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
At every opportunity

Does stability mean losing nearly 2,000 fans in less than two months and lying 2nd from bottom of the 4th Division?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2018, 5:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Zmariner
I was pro Jolley but having seen all of the home games 3 scenarios for me 1.jolley remains and we get a result midweek then I will be there on Saturday 2. Jolley remains we get battered midweek , then as a season ticket holder I throw in the towel and will stop going. 3 jolley leaves, I will be there Saturday
I cannot recall a worse set of home performances in 40 years as a supporter utm

Wish I could say the same but I would be lying last seasons horrendous run was worse but this season is on track to eclipse even that.

The worst part and most puzzling his most of this side are different players yet the same giving up defeatest attitude after a team scores still exists?

At the back, Collins has now become a weak link whilst fitter players remain on the bench and why oh why does Vernam never start a game?

Woolford only has one decent game and gets picked thereafter???

Surely if Jolley stays he has to think about something different, bring in a replacement for Collins and bring back the two young lads with pace and energy and WIDTH.

It's a squad game M.J. you have options if it is not working which it clearly doesn't, have the balls to be ruthless and admit the plan is not for them and change it.

Last season you handled the pressure of saving us against all odds I was hoping we never got in that situation again but that is the way we are going and at this rate, we could be stranded and out of it long before that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Bigdog
September 30, 2018, 5:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Tommy

DC isn't part of the coaching set-up.

DC hasn't got an official role true, but he's definitely advising the coaches and is not just one of the players Tommy. He has quite a bit of influence and input by stepping out from the rest and having the ear of Limbrick and Jolley, something that is not afforded to players like Hessenthaler and Mitch Rose for example, and therein lies a big problem. When senior players have this kind of access and privilege, they need to make sure their performances are bomb proof every week if they're apparently going to be a first name on the team sheet. If our Jolley appointed senior leaders cannot and do not lead by example, it shatters confidence and breeds contempt..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2018, 6:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Agree 100% with Bigdog if the senior pros are not performing any advise they give to others will be ridiculed and all respect is gone.

They have to walk the walk it happens in every other job great post mate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Northbank Mariner
September 30, 2018, 7:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Do we also forget DC left it until the last minute to sign a new deal for this season.
For me I'm not sure what he was told to sign on the dotted line, but I'm convinced Jolley is shite scared of dropping him and Woolie for they have too much power in the ranks as the senior pro's.
As much as I wanted MJ to succeed it now appears to me he's lost the dressing room and possibly respect of the players because of a lack of kahoonas...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
Rik e B
September 30, 2018, 8:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Think you've hit a major nail on the head there Bigdog
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
Civvy at last
September 30, 2018, 9:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Yoda
Less than 4000 with a ticket offer on.

And 3000 season ticket holders !!

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
Marinerz93
September 30, 2018, 12:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
At every opportunity

The solution is simple stop feeding the vultures. What you don't seem to get is people are fed up to the back teeth following Fenty's stewardship, somethings not right and it's either the budget or Jolley has lost the dressing room. Both have to go before it's too late.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
oldun
September 30, 2018, 12:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Agree 100% with Bigdog if the senior pros are not performing any advise they give to others will be ridiculed and all respect is gone.

They have to walk the walk it happens in every other job great post mate.

There is also deafening silence from our captain Walsh. Yes we knew he was getting on a bit but great respect from Preston and looked the part in the early games. Now however he does no press interviews and is almost anonymous on the pitch when we desperately need some leadership. Puzzling. The seniors are certainly letting the side down. I exempt Wes Thomas from this as even in the shambles on Sat he chased every lost cause and was unlucky not to score with a great piece skill when he hit the woodwork. He kept asking for the ball in the channels or to his feet, just did not happen, he had every right to be pee'd off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
Paris Mariner
September 30, 2018, 12:59pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from ginnywings
Patience?

Been waiting since 2006 for a side capable of competing in League 2. Fans are getting nervous about a return to non league, which happened last time we failed to act. It nearly happened again last season when we failed to act. I'm all for giving Jolley some more time, but at some point, you have to make a decision before it's too late. That point hasn't been reached yet by me, but it's getting close.

Probably not down to Jolley then really is it?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 42
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 1:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oldun

There is also deafening silence from our captain Walsh. Yes we knew he was getting on a bit but great respect from Preston and looked the part in the early games. Now however he does no press interviews and is almost anonymous on the pitch when we desperately need some leadership. Puzzling. The seniors are certainly letting the side down. I exempt Wes Thomas from this as even in the shambles on Sat he chased every lost cause and was unlucky not to score with a great piece skill when he hit the woodwork. He kept asking for the ball in the channels or to his feet, just did not happen, he had every right to be pee'd off.

Players were not allowed to talk to the press after yesterday but, I agree, it's time to hear what the skipper thinks. Mind you, it would be someone with a very vivid imagination who could put a positive spin on this situation.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
dicko995
September 30, 2018, 3:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
How some peoples minds have suddenly changed. A good number of you are calling MJ and calling for his head,yet months ago you were saying what a great appointment. Then there are the signings, Welsh,Hess, Davies,Whitmore etc, and on the day they were signed you were all saying what great signings,cant wait for the season to start.
  So what has happened. Welshy was outstanding at Preston, a fans hero,and sorry to see him go. Paul Hess' had great reports from his club too, and it looked like it was all falling in place. My feelings are that either the players aren't playing in their best positions, the system isn't working, or the players don't want to play for the manager, and I doubt it is the latter.
  MJ hasn't got the best CV in the world, but our thoughts come the end of last season was, 'Imagine what he could do if he signed his own players'.  Well he has, and it aint working. The point im getting at,is;  Why aren't the players responding, why do they look tired and lifeless, why no confidence,what do they do in training,what do the coaches do to raise the moral, all this needs to be answered,every game,apart from Lincoln, has shown a lack of fight.
MJ is it seems,a very nice guy,thoughtful,understanding, etc, but all this doesn't make a manager. Ten games in, 2nd from bottom,no home win, the list continues. It boils down to the sack. Ok, so we sack him, what next, we try someone else,and then someone else. I for one like many others was calling for his head at the game yesterday, it was dire, as like the other games, but after sleeping on it, would it be a travesty to let him go,i am 50/50 at the moment. So, MJ, don't be a Mr nice guy any more. Shake the fkers up, its your job on the line,not theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dicko995
How some peoples minds have suddenly changed. A good number of you are calling MJ and calling for his head,yet months ago you were saying what a great appointment. Then there are the signings, Welsh,Hess, Davies,Whitmore etc, and on the day they were signed you were all saying what great signings,cant wait for the season to start.
  So what has happened. Welshy was outstanding at Preston, a fans hero,and sorry to see him go. Paul Hess' had great reports from his club too, and it looked like it was all falling in place. My feelings are that either the players aren't playing in their best positions, the system isn't working, or the players don't want to play for the manager, and I doubt it is the latter.
  MJ hasn't got the best CV in the world, but our thoughts come the end of last season was, 'Imagine what he could do if he signed his own players'.  Well he has, and it aint working. The point im getting at,is;  Why aren't the players responding, why do they look tired and lifeless, why no confidence,what do they do in training,what do the coaches do to raise the moral, all this needs to be answered,every game,apart from Lincoln, has shown a lack of fight.
MJ is it seems,a very nice guy,thoughtful,understanding, etc, but all this doesn't make a manager. Ten games in, 2nd from bottom,no home win, the list continues. It boils down to the sack. Ok, so we sack him, what next, we try someone else,and then someone else. I for one like many others was calling for his head at the game yesterday, it was dire, as like the other games, but after sleeping on it, would it be a travesty to let him go,i am 50/50 at the moment. So, MJ, don't be a Mr nice guy any more. Shake the fkers up, its your job on the line,not theirs.

The point for me is that some wanted to see Slade struggle but no-one, not even Ipswin (I suspect), wanted to see this. The silence from some quarters is deafening - what next indeed.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
Personally I don't want to hear from the players. It'll be a load of football ball bags anyway - stuff we've heard time and again, and then he'd just be criticised for trotting out some cliches about a siege mentality or working harder on the training ground.

Keep your words. Let's see some action.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
diehardmariner
October 1, 2018, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,096
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from chaos33
Personally I don't want to hear from the players. It'll be a load of football ball bags anyway - stuff we've heard time and again, and then he'd just be criticised for trotting out some cliches about a siege mentality or working harder on the training ground.

Keep your words. Let's see some action.

Exactly.  I've never understood this fascination with wanting to read/hear the same mundane crap from players before and after every game.

In all honesty I'm not really that arsed with what the manager says before the game, it's the same stuff every week whoever the manager is.  The post-match interviews are slightly better but very few managers deviate from the 'we'll carry on working hard, doing stuff in training' rhetoric.

I suppose you can argue that interviews = free publicity but I'm not aware that anyone in the history of GTFC has decided to go to a game because they read an interview with the left-back where he read from a script and gave lots of generic quotes.  
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
diehardmariner
October 1, 2018, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

DC hasn't got an official role true, but he's definitely advising the coaches and is not just one of the players Tommy. He has quite a bit of influence and input by stepping out from the rest and having the ear of Limbrick and Jolley, something that is not afforded to players like Hessenthaler and Mitch Rose for example, and therein lies a big problem. When senior players have this kind of access and privilege, they need to make sure their performances are bomb proof every week if they're apparently going to be a first name on the team sheet. If our Jolley appointed senior leaders cannot and do not lead by example, it shatters confidence and breeds contempt..

This is the biggest concern for me.

There's a huge benefit from having a senior core to the dressing room and even a group that the manager can test ideas out on, I think Hurst did this very well with the likes of Disley, Pearson, McKeown, Gowling and maybe a few others.  But it's a fine line for that becoming what it appears to be with the likes of Collins and Woolford.   if this is the case, it needs nipping in the bud straight away.  One of the key factors in turning it around last season was a united dressing room, we can't afford issues from within.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
marinerdazza
October 1, 2018, 10:44am
Cocktail Drinker
If Jolley goes, we will have run out of options. We've tried every other type of manager. And that is when I will throw in the towel until the real problem removes itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
diehardmariner
October 1, 2018, 2:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinerdazza
If Jolley goes, we will have run out of options. We've tried every other type of manager. And that is when I will throw in the towel until the real problem removes itself.

Not quite true.  We're still to try the Mark Goldberg/Glenn Tamplin approach, yet...
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The fishy vultures are gathering again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.