Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The fishy vultures are gathering again
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 335 Guests

The fishy vultures are gathering again

This thread currently has 6,447 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2018, 10:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Re OP:  there is no stability and I have no patience after today.  Yes I was pleased at the appointment of Jolley.  Irrelevant now.  Jolley has to go this week. We are not making any progress.  Over to the Board.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Zmariner
September 29, 2018, 10:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
I was pro Jolley but having seen all of the home games 3 scenarios for me 1.jolley remains and we get a result midweek then I will be there on Saturday 2. Jolley remains we get battered midweek , then as a season ticket holder I throw in the towel and will stop going. 3 jolley leaves, I will be there Saturday
I cannot recall a worse set of home performances in 40 years as a supporter utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
Tommy
September 30, 2018, 1:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can I just point out that it was going ok with Wilkinson but isn't with Limbrick. One had experience, the other hasn't.

Come on Codger, seriously? This board, almost unanimously, wanted Wilkinson gone when Slade went. Wilko was almost copping as much flak as Slade towards the end of Slade's reign and people were adamant MJ should be allowed to bring his own assistant in.

Don't believe anyone has the credibility to now criticise for not sticking with PW as his no.2. Sorry.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Tommy
September 30, 2018, 1:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Bigdog

What? Wait until his first choice centre half, who has been absolutely shocking and setting a really bad example to the rest of the squad even though he's coaching them, shuffles onto BP with a zimmer frame and then call it a day? Jolley is not building anything, he's floundering around. The fans know it, and worst of all the players are playing like they know it too..

DC isn't part of the coaching set-up.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Tommy
September 30, 2018, 1:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Cloudy
Think most people backed the appointment of a new, young manager with fresh ideas, coaching badges, coming highly recommend from people within the game, tipped as one of the most outstanding up and coming managers in the country.

Don’t think most had ever heard of Jolley. The concept was, and IS, right imo.

Whether Jolley IS right is the question.

This is key, for me.

If this managerial appointment doesn't work out, and when MJ eventually leaves (whether it be in 3 weeks or in 3 years time), we need to stick to concept and ethos set in place with that appointment.

The statement on MJ's appointment about the new approach. About having someone who will support the Club's commitment to bringing through local youth talent from the Academy into the first team. And all the rest of it (it was a long, but quite good, statement this one).

That's laying foundations for a Club philosophy and if Manager A doesn't work out, Manager B who we appoint next needs to fit this philosophy as well. I'd hate for us to abandon it all already and go get a short-term guy like Martin Allen for example or any lower league Sam Allardyce's. Although I accept it can get to a point in the season where if relegation is a serious threat without much time remaining and there could be a case for a temporary change to the short term plan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
arryarryarry
September 30, 2018, 5:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
At every opportunity

Ever thought stability and patience may be a better way

Most of us wanted a fresh manager with new ideas but as soon as it goes mammaries up we're picking a new one before the current one has gone.

It's a throw away society for sure

Get real brothers and sisters, who's gonna want to come FFFS

Does stability mean losing nearly 2,000 fans in less than two months and lying 2nd from bottom of the 4th Division?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2018, 5:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Zmariner
I was pro Jolley but having seen all of the home games 3 scenarios for me 1.jolley remains and we get a result midweek then I will be there on Saturday 2. Jolley remains we get battered midweek , then as a season ticket holder I throw in the towel and will stop going. 3 jolley leaves, I will be there Saturday
I cannot recall a worse set of home performances in 40 years as a supporter utm

Wish I could say the same but I would be lying last seasons horrendous run was worse but this season is on track to eclipse even that.

The worst part and most puzzling his most of this side are different players yet the same giving up defeatest attitude after a team scores still exists?

At the back, Collins has now become a weak link whilst fitter players remain on the bench and why oh why does Vernam never start a game?

Woolford only has one decent game and gets picked thereafter???

Surely if Jolley stays he has to think about something different, bring in a replacement for Collins and bring back the two young lads with pace and energy and WIDTH.

It's a squad game M.J. you have options if it is not working which it clearly doesn't, have the balls to be ruthless and admit the plan is not for them and change it.

Last season you handled the pressure of saving us against all odds I was hoping we never got in that situation again but that is the way we are going and at this rate, we could be stranded and out of it long before that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Bigdog
September 30, 2018, 5:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Tommy

DC isn't part of the coaching set-up.

DC hasn't got an official role true, but he's definitely advising the coaches and is not just one of the players Tommy. He has quite a bit of influence and input by stepping out from the rest and having the ear of Limbrick and Jolley, something that is not afforded to players like Hessenthaler and Mitch Rose for example, and therein lies a big problem. When senior players have this kind of access and privilege, they need to make sure their performances are bomb proof every week if they're apparently going to be a first name on the team sheet. If our Jolley appointed senior leaders cannot and do not lead by example, it shatters confidence and breeds contempt..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2018, 6:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Agree 100% with Bigdog if the senior pros are not performing any advise they give to others will be ridiculed and all respect is gone.

They have to walk the walk it happens in every other job great post mate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Northbank Mariner
September 30, 2018, 7:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Do we also forget DC left it until the last minute to sign a new deal for this season.
For me I'm not sure what he was told to sign on the dotted line, but I'm convinced Jolley is shite scared of dropping him and Woolie for they have too much power in the ranks as the senior pro's.
As much as I wanted MJ to succeed it now appears to me he's lost the dressing room and possibly respect of the players because of a lack of kahoonas...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The fishy vultures are gathering again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.