The Players

This thread currently has 3,275 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Gtfc8279
September 29, 2018, 6:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +23
Should be sacked, not Jolley. They take their wages home every week and then serve up the shite they’ve given us for 8/9 games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
September 29, 2018, 6:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Gtfc8279
Should be sacked, not Jolley. They take their wages home every week and then serve up the shite they’ve given us for 8/9 games.

Aren't most of the players Jolley signed or chose to keep ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from promotion plaice

Aren't most of the players Jolley signed or chose to keep ?

Exactly - he signed them, he picks them.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
HackneyHaddock
September 29, 2018, 7:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I wonder if any of them have any idea of the anguish they cause the fans week-in week-out?

Can't they look at the stands and see that they're getting turned over at home by teams bringing 70, 80 100 fans here when they get consistently backed by 500-1000 when they play away?  Doesn't that shame them just a little bit?

I recall a few seasons ago, Luton were on a dreadful run and their manager got a supporter to come (either onto the pitch or into the dressing room) to give a team talk, and tell the players what they mean to the fans.  

I look at a video today of an opposing player being allowed to run, unmolested from his own half to score and not one player even tried to tackle him.  Not "their bloke did well to ride some challenges and got a lucky break", but didn't even have to face a tackle.  Our players are on a winless run and should be defending a lead as if their lives depended on it.  Oates should have been cleaned up Benjamin Massing-style and been picking Lower Youngs red seat plastic out of his teeth.  

I'm at a loss as to what happens from here.  Does it take MJ to get a supporter in to go over this with the players and deliver some Poojah-style rant at them?  To call out individuals like Danny Collins and ask them what they hell they're doing?  Is MJ too nice and intelligent for them?  Because he's a bit younger and not played professionally do they think they get a free pass?  Because I'm damned sure Danny Collins wouldn't have dared defend like that if he was still playing for Big Sam or Roy Keane.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Bigdog
September 29, 2018, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The players look devoid of confidence and belief and I'm now pretty sure that it's down to the manager. We've got better players than second bottom of League Two. With the players we had available today he could have played the following team in a formation that he set out to play this season..

McKeown

Davis
Whitmore
Hendrie

RHJ
Rose
Embleton
Hessenthaler
Pringle

Vernam
Thomas

No Collins, no Woolford, no Welsh and players playing in familiar positions. This side is quicker and much more dynamic than the one we had today. If I'm scratching my head and being very doubtful before a game starts, trust me the players will have the same feelings. Any wonder they look lost and unconfident when they can't trust their boss, their manager, to pick the best side and formation available game after game, defeat after defeat? Collins and Woolford picked after their raft of poor performances and Welsh playing in a two with a back injury? Jolley is having a laugh and probably too much in awe of our older (very) senior pros.

Jolley is far more culpable than the players, another manager would get more out of them..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
chaos33
September 29, 2018, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Agreed, but by and large this is not a squad that is good enough in general IMO. Three or four maybe, but the rest look way below par, and, IMO, unforgivably unfit!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Rick12
September 29, 2018, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Is MJ too nice and intelligent for them?  Because he's a bit younger and not played professionally do they think they get a free pass?  Because I'm damned sure Danny Collins wouldn't have dared defend like that if he was still playing for Big Sam or Roy Keane.
Good point

Look at Zidane when he was manager at Real Madrid.Read in the media that players looked up to him in awe which helped garner him respect at Madrid whilst manager.Gave the job up though on his own accord due to the pressure to succeed week on week at the club.Gives you some idea though of the pressure players and managers are under at top and bottom level alike

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Abdul19
September 29, 2018, 7:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
A depressing evening made better by the mention of Benjamin Massing. Nice one HH  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Yoda
September 29, 2018, 8:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
The players are a disgrace to the club and the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
dapperz fun pub
September 29, 2018, 8:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Seems like a couple of senior players are causing problems and not Jolley signings by all accounts , having too much say on things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.