Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who next for manager.??
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 334 Guests

Who next for manager.??

This thread currently has 18,909 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
October 1, 2018, 10:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Cloudy

We? There were very differing opinions imo

I've been on here in various guises since 1998 and I don't think I've ever seen a decision or suggestion which has had anything close to unanimous support.

My point is that it was a suggestion on here which had a fair few posters behind it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 120
Cloudy
October 1, 2018, 10:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from marinerdazza

I've been on here in various guises since 1998 and I don't think I've ever seen a decision or suggestion which has had anything close to unanimous support.

My point is that it was a suggestion on here which had a fair few posters behind it.

It sure did but  saying 'we' wanted Jolley given a long term contract is misleading IMHO
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 120
marinerdazza
October 1, 2018, 10:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Cloudy

It sure did but  saying 'we' wanted Jolley given a long term contract is misleading IMHO

Then I apologise for any misunderstanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 120
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 10:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We were all behind Newell. We were all wrong.

It doesn't matter about the circumstances of his appointment. The only thing that matters is the here and now, and you can't have a long term "revolution", if you are heading back to non league, because all of that will go out of the window for lack of funds.

If he does go (i'd be inclined to give him longer yet), we will once again be looking for a manager to fire fight a poor situation. It's a never ending process of failure and panic stations.

I think it's patently obvious that our problems go beyond the manager. We can all speculate as to where the problems lie, but several factors work against us, and it is getting increasingly more difficult to keep picking ourselves up off the canvas for another go. I personally think we are heading for oblivion unless there are radical changes, and i'm not talking about changing the manager yet again.

The board, the manager, the players, the fans are all downtrodden and browbeaten by continual failure and lack of any discernible progress. Once again, we are going backwards; we are not even treading water. I have no idea what the answer is, but i do know that i am caring less and less as the seasons rack up. Sack him, don't sack him, i'm not ar$ed any more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 120
Cloudy
October 1, 2018, 11:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I think Jolley should be given another month to get some points on the board and some fight into the team.

I didnt expect us to be challenging at the top but did epect us to be full of energy, fit and organised. Sadly we havent looked anything like this.

Possibly out of our reach but if a decision is made to change then Paul Heckingbottom should be a target. If you dont ask you dont get
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 120
Ipswin
October 1, 2018, 11:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I really don't know how long the decision can be left. 2 games? 4 games? a month? Christmas?

The club simply cannot afford to let it go on week after week hoping for a change in fortunes.

They did that with Slade last season (which everyone rightly criticised)

If Jolley is going to be shown the door it has to be sooner rather than later. Christmas seems a natural point as it gives the new man the transfer window but they way things are going we could be seriously adrift at the bottom by then.

My biggest fear is that Jolley somehow manages somehow to scrape up the odd win or draw here and there, enough to justify his retention in the eyes of the board (and many on here) only for it to go mammaries up again after the New Year when it's too late to change

Sorry Jolley lovers, he has to go now. Great idea and wonderful advert for the club and all that but hospital visiting and meeting fans in the ticket office is no substitute for experience in football management and tactics

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 120
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 12:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Cloudy
I think Jolley should be given another month to get some points on the board and some fight into the team.

I didnt expect us to be challenging at the top but did epect us to be full of energy, fit and organised. Sadly we havent looked anything like this.

Possibly out of our reach but if a decision is made to change then Paul Heckingbottom should be a target. If you dont ask you dont get

I agree with that. There is still plenty of time left in the season yet, and those players performed so well against the current leaders and MK Dons. If we can get a bit of confidence back and once again perform at those levels, we will be fine. It may not happen of course, but i think we can afford a bit longer to find out. It would help if we didn't have so may injuries, especially defenders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 120
Yoda
October 1, 2018, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,946
Gold Stars: 65
I agree Ipswin we are just prolonging the agony.
If we loose the next two games we could be adrift at the bottom, then we will struggle to attract any players.

There is not even a glimmer of an improvement to justify two more games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 120
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 1, 2018, 12:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Met jolley pre season. Nice bloke and speaks a lot of sense. Maybe somewhere it's being lost in translation. He was obviously in for 2 key strikers pre season, and what would appear is that for one reason or another, we were left with plan c and I think ended up with plan g!

I'd also say that it looks to me personally that rose and wright were sent out on loan to get full match fitness, a master stroke if it's right, as they wouldn't get up to speed that quickly on the bench, and the form they are showing is good

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 120
golfer
October 1, 2018, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
A lot of politicians answers here which I knew there would be-including the quote from Bigdogs post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who next for manager.??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.