Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who next for manager.??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 260 Guests

Who next for manager.??

This thread currently has 18,998 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2018, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 4055
M. Jolley should  stay but the assistant manager should be replaced by an experienced one to help MJ. He has been a breath of fresh air since his arrival, improving things at the training ground , bringing in some decent players compared to last season, his PR work has been excellent. He doesnt need sacking he needs proper help, get him an experienced right hand man.  A director of football could also be the answer. MJ wants to succeed and should be given time to do so. The players have got to take most of the blame for our present failures.

review all at xmas  but give him a chance now and take supporters pressure of him.

red crosses expected but its my opinion right or wrong.

ps Fenty does not play.

A vote of confidence?
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 120
Tommy
October 1, 2018, 4:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Lot of criticism of Anthony Limbrick here now. Where's this coming from?

I appreciate people are looking for things to blame, but what do any of us know about Limbrick as a person, as a coach or as an assistant manager? Diddly-squat I'd probably guess.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 120
October 1, 2018, 5:15pm
Guest User
The thought actually crossed my mind about Limbrick. The players performed for Jolley last season. This season, it’s gone downhill. Could it be that Limbrick is ‘The spanner in the works’? I know that the book stops with MJ but it is a coincidence. After all, it doesn’t take much to upset the Apple cart.
Reply: 102 - 120
golfer
October 1, 2018, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Why start on Limbrick now-what's he done wrong. Not many more left to have a go at-we've done J.S.F..urine poor racehorse trainers,accountants,solicitors,Jolly,Slade,Wilkinson,Bignot,fffing pies. Let's concentrate on taking our venom out on our opponents for once.    Carlisle are effing useless and we'll thrash them tomorrow--there that's a start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 120
Northbank Mariner
October 1, 2018, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from golfer
Why start on Limbrick now-what's he done wrong. Not many more left to have a go at-we've done J.S.F..urine poor racehorse trainers,accountants,solicitors,Jolly,Slade,Wilkinson,Bignot,fffing pies. Let's concentrate on taking our venom out on our opponents for once.    Carlisle are effing useless and we'll thrash them tomorrow--there that's a start.

It's not a case of having a go at limpdick more a case of looking at why it's gone wrong....jolley seemed to sort the playing style out last season, got a shower shite squad to half perform and mow its all gone belly up...so naturally we look at the reasons and he is possibly one...the facts is he took Woking down and look at the table to see where they are now......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 120
Ipswin
October 1, 2018, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Well my first choice has gone already. Northampton obviously got their act together quickly and appointed Curle within hours of sacking the other bloke.
Lets just hope Fenty lines someone up when Jolley goes, we can't afford weeks of pissing about if we are in the bottom two

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 120
rancido
October 1, 2018, 5:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

It's not a case of having a go at limpdick more a case of looking at why it's gone wrong....jolley seemed to sort the playing style out last season, got a shower shite squad to half perform and mow its all gone belly up...so naturally we look at the reasons and he is possibly one...the facts is he took Woking down and look at the table to see where they are now......

Jolley will probably have picked Limbrick based on a variety of reasons. He possibly shares the same ideas of how the game should be played. He could know him from his past appointments and possibly respects his approach to coaching. Managers/coaches usually pick their own assistant based on the fact that they can work with them. To actually foist an assistant on a manager IMO is asking for trouble and would cause disharmony in the bootroom staff.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 120
lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2018, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Ipswin
Well my first choice has gone already. Northampton obviously got their act together quickly and appointed Curle within hours of sacking the other bloke.
Lets just hope Fenty lines someone up when Jolley goes, we can't afford weeks of pissing about if we are in the bottom two

Some hope is that. We will "see who applies" and who will come with one hand tied behind their backs.

We can blame the board for a lot of things and not being proactive is another one!
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 120
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2018, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

The only time in recent memory that we had a manager ready to go was Slade replacing Bignot. Christ knows how many 1st choices would turn us down this time around.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 120
Poojah
October 1, 2018, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
It’s all ifs and buts at the minute but I think even the most fervent Jolley supporter will admit that it’s not looking good if we lose our next couple of games (though I suspect an abject or heavy defeat at Carlisle may be enough on its own).

Though he was a popular appointment in most quarters, he was also undeniably obscure and unproven. Quite simply, the reason we ended up there was because more proven ‘names’ like Phil Brown and Stuart McCall simply didn’t want it. I’m not suggesting that either of those two would’ve been the answer, merely pointing out that our realistic pool of options is going to be limited in terms of size and quality.

That’s not necessarily an assertion that we’re being ‘cheap’ either. Football management is a funny old beast - one duff job can all but finish a career. I mean weigh us up as a proposition - we’re a struggling team with apparently limited players, little money and a realistic proposition of relegation back into non-league abyss. Ask yourself, would you take that on if you felt there was even the slightest chance of a better offer elsewhere on the horizon? You wouldn’t.

Realistically, the best opportunity to get a managerial appointment right was when Paul Hurst left. We were a club on the ascendency then; on the cusp of the play-offs, the best striker in the division and a decent war chest when we inevitably cashed in a few weeks down the line.

I applaud the sentiment of what we tried to do there in bringing in an apparently young, up and coming manager.  What is unforgivable is the alarming lack of due diligence, as surely a couple of phone calls would have been sufficient to flag that Bignot was as mad as a box of frogs (if the interview process itself didn’t already).

Anyway, we are where we are now, but if Jolley is indeed unable to turn it around then that’s a pretty bleak place.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who next for manager.??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.