ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 9:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Oh believe me ginny I am, after today I'll be doing the full bottle....all I'm saying is I don't think jolley isn't potentially a good manager, but he needs guidance and AB could help him...

You'll regret it in the morning.  

Let AB enjoy his retirement i say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
Northbank Mariner
September 29, 2018, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ginnywings

You'll regret it in the morning.  

Let AB enjoy his retirement i say.

At this moment in time I'm regretting crossing the humber bridge at 1.30 and putting myself through that shitshow today...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

At this moment in time I'm regretting crossing the humber bridge at 1.30 and putting myself through that shitshow today...

Feel your pain mate and i only had a 25 minute walk to the ground. I was adamant i wasn't going today, but as usual, the hope overcame the expectation and i found myself walking to the ground, then trudging back despondently yet again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Northbank Mariner
September 29, 2018, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ginnywings

Feel your pain mate and i only had a 25 minute walk to the ground. I was adamant i wasn't going today, but as usual, the hope overcame the expectation and i found myself walking to the ground, then trudging back despondently yet again.

And no doubt we'll do it again next weekend.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
chaos33
September 29, 2018, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
I'm not going for a bit. I've had enough. 80 miles each way for that sh1t. Again and again. Nope.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2018, 11:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob
To be fair to JF getting rid of Jolley is a relatively cheap option, he resisted the temptation to give him a better deal. Hard to believe he was one of the favourites for the Barnsley job a few weeks ago. But most fans me included would have given him a long term deal. I'd still stick with him but want an improvement in the next few games. Limbrick would then get November.

Who's favourite the bookies or the people that sign the cheques at Oakwell? I'd bet the former.

I so wanted MJ to be a success, open, approachable, engaging, well qualified (on paper at least), experience working in a prem structure, moved to the area and he and his Mrs wanted to be part of things. Alongside Mitch Rose and Macca his efforts kept us up last term without a doubt and I'm sure there is more reason why this lad should have progressed this season.

However we are 91st in the EFL and have lost 6 games in a row scoring one goal during the period and even before the end of September the player look like their mental circuits are frazzled.

Even at lunch time today I didn't think todays game would define his future and posted so but after seeing how we turned victory into defeat for me we have to make a change now, MJ's a really good person who I think will ultimately succeed as manager but maybe not at EFL level though, possibly in an emerging country who knows?

What I do agree with Rob is that JF will long this out a bit and then ultimately appoint Limbrick.

So remember where you heard it first...............

The route to Maidenhead Utd is M180, M18, M1, M25, M40, A404 follow the signs to Maidenhead Town Centre the ground is on your left on the dual carriageway into the town centre,

Quite happy to supply route details for Fylde, Sutton, Maidstone etc.. the rest JF's sat nav will surely remember as he and the rest of The Gang of 4 seem determined to take is back to some of those places.        

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
Ipswin
September 30, 2018, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Paul Hurst and Russel Slade are pissing themselves laughing (Slade I can understand but Hurst has surely got intercourse all to laugh about)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Theimperialcoroner
September 30, 2018, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 102
My first game of the season and I can see all the frustrations writ large.
Decent going forward, playing good football and creating chances..
But.... We can’t defend and can’t finish. Defensively we are simply awful. The things I’d seen on iFollow are even worse in the flesh. People scared to put a tackle in and even worse, attitude and hard work missing when we don’t have the ball. That is not to difficult to fix. This is Jolleys challenge though. I’d give him October to sort it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
marinerdazza
September 30, 2018, 9:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,847
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from chaos33
I'm not going for a bit. I've had enough. 80 miles each way for that sh1t. Again and again. Nope.

I have a similar journey to home games. Yesterday was the first one I didn’t bother going. Couldn’t face it. Don’t feel remotely smug about missing another defeat. At the moment I’m not even sure I can be arsed to pay £10 on Tuesday for ifollow.

What a desperately sad mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
It is really sad. Especially the drive home after matches.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.