This thread currently has 8,981 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 29, 2018, 5:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193

Let's not beat about the bush.......1-0 up at half-time flattered us.....it was a dire performance by us yet again.....yes the happy clappers will say we hit the bar but Morecambe should've been out of sight by then.

Sack Jolley Monday morning Mr Fenty then give the next manager some proper money to save us from a second disastrous relegation into the tinpot under your tenure.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
September 29, 2018, 5:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Jolley OUT
FENTY OUT worst custodian ever, worst era of our great history.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
jonnyboy82
September 29, 2018, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Everyone out.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
Yoda
September 29, 2018, 5:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
I hate to say it he’s out of his depth and floundering.
He’s got to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
immariner
September 29, 2018, 5:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let's not beat about the bush.......1-0 up at half-time flattered us.....it was a dire performance by us yet again.....yes the happy clappers will say we hit the bar but Morecambe should've been out of sight by then.

Sack Jolley Monday morning Mr Fenty then give the next manager some proper money to save us from a second disastrous relegation into the tinpot under your tenure.

Playing devil's advocate- how does it make sense to sack MJ but give the next manager "proper money"? Why couldn't Jolley spend that money just as well, if that's what the issue is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
jimgtfc
September 29, 2018, 5:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,066
Gold Stars: 44
Reluctantly, I agree 😔

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
RoboCod
September 29, 2018, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from immariner

Playing devil's advocate- how does it make sense to sack MJ but give the next manager "proper money"? Why couldn't Jolley spend that money just as well, if that's what the issue is.

Exactly. Bring in a rated Manager on a good wack and spend less on your employees or give a good wodge to your employees but hire a cheaper Manager.

The former option would work rather well when running a fish factory I believe, less so in the sports-based/entertainment business.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
kenlyn
September 29, 2018, 5:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +55
I was under the assumption that Jolley was on the 6 month rolling contract and probably has just started the second phase or has he?

I like everybody expected better this season and the 3 games without losing gave me hope that things were going in the right direction
but sadly it is looking like the bottom 2 as of today are there for the rest of the season. Who could or would want to replace Jolley to
change our fortunes, I haven't got the answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
NorthseaMariner
September 29, 2018, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Sorry, have to disagree. Transfer windows closed, we haven’t got a pot to pee in. We are in the relegation zone in league 2. What top manager is going to come and turn us around do you think?
Doesn’t make good reading I’m afraid, but I think we have to hang on and hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
promotion plaice
September 29, 2018, 5:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from kenlyn
I was under the assumption that Jolley was on the 6 month rolling contract and probably has just started the second phase or has he?

I like everybody expected better this season and the 3 games without losing gave me hope that things were going in the right direction
but sadly it is looking like the bottom 2 as of today are there for the rest of the season. Who could or would want to replace Jolley to
change our fortunes, I haven't got the answer.

Every morning Jolley wakes up he has 6 months left on his contract, that's how it works.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.