5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
davmariner
September 29, 2018, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
To the car. Left at 75 mins as we’d just given up and it was embarrassing. Morecambe were just keeping it at the corner flag and we were letting them!!

We were very lucky to take the lead and certainly didn’t deserve it. We look clueless and Jolley is clueless. In spite of all the coaches we have, the team looks so unfit. This is not going to improve under him and it’s now clear it’s going to be another difficult season.

All is not lost, we need to get rid of him whilst it’s still relatively early on in the season so someone else can come in and still have an impact on the team.

Sorry Jolley, but your recruitment, pre-season, tactics and overall management hasn’t been poor.

Jolley out!!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gaffer58
September 29, 2018, 4:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Glad I stopped at home and watched the golf.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
OllieGTFC
September 29, 2018, 4:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
6 years to get back to the football league 3 years to go back to non league am sorry Jolley out and sack the board !!

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
denni266
September 29, 2018, 4:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Yes he has to go tonight..... can just stand losing cannot stand being made to look fools and easy meat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
Gainsbro_Mariner
September 29, 2018, 4:53pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Really sad state of affairs. As a person I really like Jolley and I think the guy deserves better but for whatever reason everything has fallen apart before it’s even began. I’m not sure where we go from here but what I do know is games and teams don’t come much more easier than today and if we can’t deliver at home against one of three worst teams in the Football League who are you gonna deliver against. Regretfully, thanks MJ but this isn’t happening.

The fans deserve better !

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
Kris2
September 29, 2018, 4:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Unfortunately this is a results based business and not about how nice of a person you are. We've made the mistake of backing people for too long when it's not working and it's time to try again to find somebody. We need to build a foundation around the right person and spending money on the wrong person will get us nowhere.

Just another example of people getting too excited too soon. Everyone was excited for this 'Jolly revolution' Like they were for Newell's revolution and both were a massive flop. We don't have many dice rolls left in the football league so we need to get it right. Jolly is out of his depth as a manager in the football league.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
jonnyboy82
September 29, 2018, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Well one of the most gutless lethargic performances to grace BP.

Well michael jolley has conned GTFC and the fans and im sick of it...time to go.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
sonofmadeleymariner
September 29, 2018, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
I really hoped Jolley would be the man we thought he was going to be but now I'm struggling and I can't see any positive other then we finally scored a goal. I don't want to say it but Jolley out.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
topuphere666
September 29, 2018, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
It’s disappointing. It really is, I wanted MJ to do well for us, he came in last season and worked a miracle I really expected us to be up there this season but I think it’s time to review his position at the club. It’s not working, nothing is clicking for us and we’re going out without a battle or fight.

Trouble is.. who’s kicking about that would want to join us as manager. It’ll be a cheap option
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
horsforthmariner
September 29, 2018, 5:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Really sad but the first goal for them.summed it up awful from Collins. Both Collins and Jolley need to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
Hagrid
September 29, 2018, 5:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
We had the urine took out of us on the pitch and the club hav taken the urine out of us off it. For too long. jolley out and fenty OUT. Go. Go. Go. intercourse off now fenty and take your board of old codgers with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
blundellpork
September 29, 2018, 5:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 32
Whilst admittedly the team are low on confidence after the run of games so far, we create so many of our own problems. The ball is so often played sloppily giving the opposition the chance to win a 50/50, and the defence continue to back off.

Need to see the highlights but suspect Collins at fault for backing off for the first, and no one willing to put a head or foot in for the second.

Despite dropping down 2 divisions, it looks like Welsh’s legs have gone and is way off the pace.

Very concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Marinerz93
September 29, 2018, 5:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We are now in the bottom 2, we're so excrement it's unbelievable, it's all your fault Fenty either through appointments or budget, it's about time you left, taking that benign debt with you and give someone with ambition take the reigns at Town, you have more than failed as custodian, and under your stewardship we are witnessing the worst era in our long and great history.

Fenty and his yes men out.

Jolley out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Heisenberg
September 29, 2018, 5:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
I never wanted it to come to this, but Jolley out, Dave Moore in to steady the ship and see how things go. We have to change something, this is a disaster, and we’re all sick of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Welsh was effing dreadful today but he wasn't on his own.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
ROKERITE
September 29, 2018, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from topuphere666
It’s disappointing. It really is, I wanted MJ to do well for us, he came in last season and worked a miracle I really expected us to be up there this season but I think it’s time to review his position at the club. It’s not working, nothing is clicking for us and we’re going out without a battle or fight.

Trouble is.. who’s kicking about that would want to join us as manager. It’ll be a cheap option

This morning I was checking Morecambe's view of things. Their new Essex based owners are toying with the idea of a director of football and Paul Ince's name is being mentioned; more fools them.
Ideally I'd like to have seen Jolley given more time; he was such a popular choice: but if a change must be made then Jim Bentley, who has worked miracles year on year just keeping The Shrimps in League Two, might be open to an approach. He's not an exciting name but right now I'd imagine finishing 22nd is all most Grimsby supporters are concerned about.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
As bad as i've seen us play since the dark days of Newell. When you are played off the pitch (again) by Morecamb and Rhys Oates is running our defence ragged, you know the writing is on the wall. The fans and the team look as downtrodden as each other. All the life has been sucked out of the club, on and off the pitch, and the malaise is there for all to see. Had Thomas' shot not cannoned back off the bar, it could have been different, but football is all about taking your chances, and we clearly cannot.

Morecambe thoroughly deserved the win and were better than us all over the pitch, and that is very worrying. We look like this season's Chesterfield, and we need to act before we are dragged back into the non league cesspit. Totally and utterly fed up of failure upon failure. Sack Jolley, don't sack Jolley, don't think it will make much difference to be honest. It's clear that the board is the problem.

Collins, Welsh and Woolford need retiring to an old folks home on that showing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
moosey_club
September 29, 2018, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Well....

Fking rubbish.

McKeown kept the score down...easily could have been 5 or 6.

Thomas ran all over but no support, no quality balls to him.

MJ...Woolford is not a winger in a 4-4-2
MJ...Welsh is pointless in a centre 2
MJ...Collins is beating himself at the moment

Pringle put in probably 3 of the best crosses i have seen at BP for years. MUST start.

Morecambe just played simple balls to feet...pass and move...we chased the ball like school kids...no..not school kids...we chased the ball like a puppy.

Embarrassing......and they were below us !!!

I forced myself to go today..even with a voucher offer I was reluctant.....should have listened to my gut instinct

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Maringer
September 29, 2018, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
First half very poor but Morecambe clearly weren't great either despite the fact that we were doing our best to give them chances - I reckon we must have set up half of their attacks in the first half from underhitting simple passes in midfield. If only the Thomas chance had gone in - which would have been deserved after a decent bit of football. Unfortunately, the other side then immediately showed itself. We nicked the ball in midfield, players pushed forward to attack and Embleton inexplicably dwelt on the ball instead of passing it simply to one of a few players. This left Oates with a run at goal and the defenders who were there failed to cover themselves in glory yet again. The second came from a simple cross into the box which McKeown just watched bounce through and in. Much too easily distracted by the opposition forwards.

Oddly enough, I thought they had threatened less in that second half but then we end up gifting them two goals.

I'd imagine Jolley may get one more game to save himself but something needs to change in the way we are playing. Cook clearly isn't a centre-forward, even if he thinks he is. His turn inside before our opener showed he has ability but leading the line is beyond him as he's not big enough, quick enough, strong enough or clever enough. In fact you could say the same about pretty much all of our attackers.

Welsh one or two good tackles but otherwise utterly anonymous and it was Hessenthaler's worst performance that I've seen.

The injuries at the back continue so I feel some sympathy with the bad luck we've encountered in defence, but we look all over the place on the back foot and there are no partnerships forming. Mills was the best full-back on the pitch today and he should be playing for us.

Thomas did better in the second half after a shocking first period but no support from midfield. Good crosses from Pringle which is a plus even though we don't have anyone to head the ball up front. Woolford a few shots but the keeper didn't have to take a single step to save them.

Not quite sure what Jolley's plans are but he needs something to go his way or just chance on a formation and line-up that works. No indication that anybody in the team has the confidence to make something happen, however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
First half very poor but Morecambe clearly weren't great either despite the fact that we were doing our best to give them chances - I reckon we must have set up half of their attacks in the first half from underhitting simple passes in midfield. If only the Thomas chance had gone in - which would have been deserved after a decent bit of football. Unfortunately, the other side then immediately showed itself. We nicked the ball in midfield, players pushed forward to attack and Embleton inexplicably dwelt on the ball instead of passing it simply to one of a few players. This left Oates with a run at goal and the defenders who were there failed to cover themselves in glory yet again. The second came from a simple cross into the box which McKeown just watched bounce through and in. Much too easily distracted by the opposition forwards.

Oddly enough, I thought they had threatened less in that second half but then we end up gifting them two goals.

I'd imagine Jolley may get one more game to save himself but something needs to change in the way we are playing. Cook clearly isn't a centre-forward, even if he thinks he is. His turn inside before our opener showed he has ability but leading the line is beyond him as he's not big enough, quick enough, strong enough or clever enough. In fact you could say the same about pretty much all of our attackers.

Welsh one or two good tackles but otherwise utterly anonymous and it was Hessenthaler's worst performance that I've seen.

The injuries at the back continue so I feel some sympathy with the bad luck we've encountered in defence, but we look all over the place on the back foot and there are no partnerships forming. Mills was the best full-back on the pitch today and he should be playing for us.

Thomas did better in the second half after a shocking first period but no support from midfield. Good crosses from Pringle which is a plus even though we don't have anyone to head the ball up front. Woolford a few shots but the keeper didn't have to take a single step to save them.

Not quite sure what Jolley's plans are but he needs something to go his way or just chance on a formation and line-up that works. No indication that anybody in the team has the confidence to make something happen, however.

His plans should involve packing boxes. But then the board should never set foot in BP again - but they will.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
September 29, 2018, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ginnywings
As bad as i've seen us play since the dark days of Newell. When you are played off the pitch (again) by Morecamb and Rhys Oates is running our defence ragged, you know the writing is on the wall. The fans and the team look as downtrodden as each other. All the life has been sucked out of the club, on and off the pitch, and the malaise is there for all to see. Had Thomas' shot not cannoned back off the bar, it could have been different, but football is all about taking your chances, and we clearly cannot.

Morecambe thoroughly deserved the win and were better than us all over the pitch, and that is very worrying. We look like this season's Chesterfield, and we need to act before we are dragged back into the non league cesspit. Totally and utterly fed up of failure upon failure. Sack Jolley, don't sack Jolley, don't think it will make much difference to be honest. It's clear that the board is the problem.

Collins, Welsh and Woolford need retiring to an old folks home on that showing.

I agree with all of that; I am incredulous how inept our players look, especially those that came with a reasonable reputation.

None of them are fit enough, and Welsh in particular looks like he has never played the pro game. What the hell has happened?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Pontooner
September 29, 2018, 6:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
That was painful to watch. Just so many things wrong.

No proper width. So no real service for Thomas.

Constantly giving the ball away cheaply, which resulted in one of goals conceded.

Collins not looking the player he was. Didn't dominate in the air, which was one of his strengths and he looks really vulnerable to players running at him (fully expect opposing teams to focus on that in coming games).

Any confidence the team may have had completely evaporated after Morecambe's first and we looked a shambles. Didn't see any leaders out there when we really needed them.

Really frustrating that we had to wait until late in the game for Pringle to come on a give us width. He looks to have some quality about him and as others have said, he put some real quality balls into the box. If he's not got 90 mins in him yet, I 'd rather see him start and be replaced later in the game as there's little other creativity out there, especially as for some reason, Verman can't get a game.

If we don't get a win in our next two games, something has to give.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2018, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
A performance devoid of anything positive (bar the goal).  Can’t be bothered to list our failings.

Jolley said before that we find new ways to lose.  We also find the same old ways to concede goals.

In the programme today Jolley said that we have played 8 teams in the top half and only 1 team in the bottom half.  Well, today made no difference did it?

Jolley kept us up last season.  We thank him for that.  We would be in dire straights like Chesterfield probably.

6 defeats and the performances are unacceptable.  I saw no green shoots of improvement today.

Jolley needs to go (now or after the Carlisle game).  That is my view.  I have had enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
TAGG
September 29, 2018, 7:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Heisenberg
I never wanted it to come to this, but Jolley out, Dave Moore in to steady the ship and see how things go. We have to change something, this is a disaster, and we’re all sick of it.

I would go with that

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Bigdog
September 29, 2018, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yeah, that'll work. Let's put our physio in charge. As if he'll steady the ship. He even let a player who has sustained a serious knee injury limp halfway round the pitch. Sums this two bob club up to be honest. Let's not get all misty eyed about Dave Moore. FFS, we're in real trouble here and this idea gets loads of support?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
golfer
September 29, 2018, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
The only reason we lost is that the defence is crap-the midfield is crap-the forward line is crap-the manager is crap-the board is crap-even the pies are crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
ska face
September 29, 2018, 7:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
Jolley made a big point about this group of senior players he’s been working with to help guide the squad - McKeown, Collins, Woolford and Welsh. Well they’ve absolutely had his pants down and are some of the MAJOR problems in this team.

McKeown - lets the ball bounce in his 6 yard box AGAIN and sees it float in off his far post. Game over.

Collins - if you’ve not got the pace and agility to stop Rhys Oates getting past you over 40 yards, then hang your boots up. How many goals is that conceded in the exact same manner?

These four are supposed to be the leaders in this squad but I’ve seen more life in a tramp’s vest. Not an ounce of enthusiasm amongst them, when it’s all going mammaries up are the likes of Embleton, Cook and Davies going to be inspired when this mob are melting away on the pitch and sloping about with their heads down.

Big earners and happy to be seen as leaders but when it comes to the crunch, too many are missing. That’s the worst part of it all for me.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2018, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Golfer, but at least the weather was good!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
The Waif
September 29, 2018, 7:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +49
Lost count how many times this season Collins has been at fault for a goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
chaos33
September 29, 2018, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ska face
Jolley made a big point about this group of senior players he’s been working with to help guide the squad - McKeown, Collins, Woolford and Welsh. Well they’ve absolutely had his pants down and are some of the MAJOR problems in this team.

McKeown - lets the ball bounce in his 6 yard box AGAIN and sees it float in off his far post. Game over.

Collins - if you’ve not got the pace and agility to stop Rhys Oates getting past you over 40 yards, then hang your boots up. How many goals is that conceded in the exact same manner?

These four are supposed to be the leaders in this squad but I’ve seen more life in a tramp’s vest. Not an ounce of enthusiasm amongst them, when it’s all going mammaries up are the likes of Embleton, Cook and Davies going to be inspired when this mob are melting away on the pitch and sloping about with their heads down.

Big earners and happy to be seen as leaders but when it comes to the crunch, too many are missing. That’s the worst part of it all for me.

Couldn't agree more.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 7:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from ska face

Exactly this. Collins dived in first half and got booked. When defenders start to dive in early, or back off, you know their playing days are over, because they don't fancy their chances of winning the ball in a foot race. They over or under commit and that's fatal.

Welsh was rubbish and when your club captain is taken off early, you know you're in trouble. Woolford has had one decent game all season and i don't know what Vernam has done wrong if he can't get in that side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
Les Brechin
September 29, 2018, 7:52pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Heard rather a startling fact on Radio Humberside before today's game.

This season so far in the first half of games we have scored 4 goals and conceded 3, in the second half of games we have score 1 and conceded 13!

So after today's game that's 5-3 in the first half and 1-15 in the second half.

Why such a startling difference? Is it a fitness thing?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 7:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Les Brechin

This season so far in the first half of games we have scored 4 goals and conceded 3, in the second half of games we have score 1 and conceded 13!

And it happens from the 60th minute apparently. We also concede goals in quick succession, and our recovery from losing positions is virtually nil. I am beginning to think the player's don't believe in Jolley and the half time team talk switches them off rather than energises. I don't think players are unfit nowadays, as they are all checked constantly. It's definitely a mental thing i think. Players who are winning and playing with confidence always look fitter and sharper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
friskneymariner
September 29, 2018, 7:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
To Simon the S.T. holder who texted R.H. to say who would put money in if Fentywas not here,well Simon mate can you enlighten us to how much Fenty has put in over the last five years.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
denni266
September 29, 2018, 8:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from golfer
The only reason we lost is that the defence is crap-the midfield is crap-the forward line is crap-the manager is crap-the board is crap-even the pies are crap.

cornish pasties arnt too bad  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
golfer
September 29, 2018, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Les Brechin

Maybe not just fitness. At half time most managers will have noted the opponents strengths and weaknesses and adjusted his tactics to counteract-we don't because we don't have anybody with enough football savvy to devise a Plan B. Every team we have played  at B.P. have altered tactics at half time. and have improved performance.  The worst team that has played at B'P' this season is Jolly's disjointed squad by far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
itsnotcoditshaddock
September 29, 2018, 8:19pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
08/09 and 09/10 seasons happening all over again. Feel for Jolley as he seems a good bloke and would probably come good in the long run. Unfortunately we saw what happened with an inexperienced manager in Neil Woods. Need to change for an experienced manager, who’s first priority is to sort an awful defence! Keep us in the FL at all costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
arryarryarry
September 29, 2018, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid
We had the urine took out of us on the pitch and the club hav taken the urine out of us off it. For too long. jolley out and fenty OUT. Go. Go. Go. intercourse off now fenty and take your board of old codgers with you

That's what we were saying, with 15 minutes to go they were passing it around and we had no answer, they were taking the urine, frigging Morcambe who up to today had looked a poor side yet we couldn't cope with them, they were better than us so this is what it has come to being drunk on by Morecambe.

If we lose the next two games then Jolley has to go along with the rest of his management team and if Fenty doesn't sack them then he can intercourse off.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 8:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

That's what we were saying, with 15 minutes to go they were passing it around and we had no answer, they were taking the urine, frigging Morcambe who up to today had looked a poor side yet we couldn't cope with them, they were better than us so this is what it has come to being drunk on by Morecambe.

If we lose the next two games then Jolley has to go along with the rest of his management team and if Fenty doesn't sack them then he can intercourse off.

It's got to the point where I don't really care which happens first - and I'm hoping for both.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
quebec38
September 29, 2018, 8:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Been wanting Welsh dropped for weeks now. In a 50-50 9 times out of 10 he’ll come out on top but what else does he bring now with his lack of mobility? We’ve persisted with 5 in midfield to accommodate for the fact he can only sit in front of a back four but we’re effectively playing with 10 men when in today’s game more than ever it’s about running. We need another dynamic midfielder or two to partner Hess and then we can maybe think of playing 442 and not getting completely over run. Until then I guess with what we have we’ll have to stick with the 5 in the middle but I would say Rose, Hess and Clifton now. Clifton had his best game of the season for me in the middle against Lincoln.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
Mrs Doyle
September 29, 2018, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
O.K. I hold my hands up I have tried, hoped and prayed Jolley could change this round but it just ain't happening.

Both their goals were down to classic errors by experienced players. Collins (already booked) backed off and backed off allowing their player to waltz into the area unchallenged and squeeze the ball past Macca. He has become a massive liability now and needs replacing.

Goal two the cross came over deep into the box inexplicably and not the for the first time, Macca failed to take command of the situation allowing the ball to bounce straight in the path of their player who smuggled it in deep inside the six-yard box. Although Macca made some good saves this basic error is unforgivable.

Meanwhile two pacy wide men something we are clearly lacking ply their talents in non-league.

Jolley certainly is not stupid but for the system he is trying he has not got the right personnel to achieve this or he is not using his squad to its full potential.

Either way time and games are slipping away and the danger is we become stranded is becoming a real possibility.

What happened to the team that looked so good against Lincoln and Milton Keynes? I just don't know but those two games apart we have looked second best in every game all over the pitch.

We did not deserve anything today and M.J's position sadly is becoming untenable I can not defend him anymore.

Fenty is STILL finding out that buying cheap means buying twice which works out even more expensive in the long run.

WHAT A FECKING MESS YET AGAIN.   UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
forza ivano
September 30, 2018, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I really can't disagree with you Mrs Doyle. Was so frustrated to see Woolford continue his non performance of last week, by continually giving Shiite passes whilst rose who was the best town player by far last week gets dropped!
I have so wanted jolley to be the new lawrie Mac or AB but I just can't see a way back having seen these last 2 games.
The frustrating thing was that we knew morecambe always had a goal in them, but we actually got a lot better as the first half went on.so what happens after h-t ? Cook drops back and we completely fail to get embleton involved.all we had to do was give him the ball because as he's got 2 good feet, a bit of pace, a bit of skill, a good shot, and a good pass they were running scared once he got the ball. Would love to know how many touches he had in each half.
I suspect, much to my regret, that we have to say thank you and goodbye, and I am absolutely gutted to be thinking that.
It's best to do it sooner rather than later because actually a new manager does have some talent to work with. I think Thomas, cook,Pringle  embleton and vernham have real ability. Hessentaler, Hendrie ,m.rose and mckeown are more than good enough for this divisionClifton ,rhj and fox won't let you down and I'm sure Davis n the lad from Luton are better than what we've seen so far. Throw in a.rose and wright who could add that bit of youth, pace and unexpectedness ( is that a word?) and it's not total doom and gloom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
arryarryarry
September 30, 2018, 5:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano
I really can't disagree with you Mrs Doyle. Was so frustrated to see Woolford continue his non performance of last week, by continually giving Shiite passes whilst rose who was the best town player by far last week gets dropped!
I have so wanted jolley to be the new lawrie Mac or AB but I just can't see a way back having seen these last 2 games.
The frustrating thing was that we knew morecambe always had a goal in them, but we actually got a lot better as the first half went on.so what happens after h-t ? Cook drops back and we completely fail to get embleton involved.all we had to do was give him the ball because as he's got 2 good feet, a bit of pace, a bit of skill, a good shot, and a good pass they were running scared once he got the ball. Would love to know how many touches he had in each half.
I suspect, much to my regret, that we have to say thank you and goodbye, and I am absolutely gutted to be thinking that.
It's best to do it sooner rather than later because actually a new manager does have some talent to work with. I think Thomas, cook,Pringle  embleton and vernham have real ability. Hessentaler, Hendrie ,m.rose and mckeown are more than good enough for this divisionClifton ,rhj and fox won't let you down and I'm sure Davis n the lad from Luton are better than what we've seen so far. Throw in a.rose and wright who could add that bit of youth, pace and unexpectedness ( is that a word?) and it's not total doom and gloom

I think he tends to punish players who are at fault with conceding goals, he did with Whitmore who was at fault with two goals against Bury and Rose was dreadful in defending Oldhams's third goal.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 6:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Doesn't apply to Collins or Woolford of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
Davec
September 30, 2018, 6:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think he tends to punish players who are at fault with conceding goals, he did with Whitmore who was at fault with two goals against Bury and Rose was dreadful in defending Oldhams's third goal.

I wish he would dtop Collins then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 6:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Harry Davis has a serious knee injury so doesn't look like Collins will be dropped any time soon. Still, at least we've got strength in depth as cover. Oh wait......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
oldun
October 1, 2018, 11:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Comment by Morecombe fans as they left. We deserved to win and Grimsby were poor, how on earth do they still get 4000 to watch that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
Gaffer58
October 1, 2018, 2:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
I cannot understand how people say Collins is slow, he back peddles as quick as the opposition striker runs at him, pity he's not as fast running forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.