This thread currently has 13,140 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
September 29, 2018, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
O.K. I hold my hands up I have tried, hoped and prayed Jolley could change this round but it just ain't happening.

Both their goals were down to classic errors by experienced players. Collins (already booked) backed off and backed off allowing their player to waltz into the area unchallenged and squeeze the ball past Macca. He has become a massive liability now and needs replacing.

Goal two the cross came over deep into the box inexplicably and not the for the first time, Macca failed to take command of the situation allowing the ball to bounce straight in the path of their player who smuggled it in deep inside the six-yard box. Although Macca made some good saves this basic error is unforgivable.

Meanwhile two pacy wide men something we are clearly lacking ply their talents in non-league.

Jolley certainly is not stupid but for the system he is trying he has not got the right personnel to achieve this or he is not using his squad to its full potential.

Either way time and games are slipping away and the danger is we become stranded is becoming a real possibility.

What happened to the team that looked so good against Lincoln and Milton Keynes? I just don't know but those two games apart we have looked second best in every game all over the pitch.

We did not deserve anything today and M.J's position sadly is becoming untenable I can not defend him anymore.

Fenty is STILL finding out that buying cheap means buying twice which works out even more expensive in the long run.

WHAT A FECKING MESS YET AGAIN.   UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
forza ivano
September 30, 2018, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
I really can't disagree with you Mrs Doyle. Was so frustrated to see Woolford continue his non performance of last week, by continually giving Shiite passes whilst rose who was the best town player by far last week gets dropped!
I have so wanted jolley to be the new lawrie Mac or AB but I just can't see a way back having seen these last 2 games.
The frustrating thing was that we knew morecambe always had a goal in them, but we actually got a lot better as the first half went on.so what happens after h-t ? Cook drops back and we completely fail to get embleton involved.all we had to do was give him the ball because as he's got 2 good feet, a bit of pace, a bit of skill, a good shot, and a good pass they were running scared once he got the ball. Would love to know how many touches he had in each half.
I suspect, much to my regret, that we have to say thank you and goodbye, and I am absolutely gutted to be thinking that.
It's best to do it sooner rather than later because actually a new manager does have some talent to work with. I think Thomas, cook,Pringle  embleton and vernham have real ability. Hessentaler, Hendrie ,m.rose and mckeown are more than good enough for this divisionClifton ,rhj and fox won't let you down and I'm sure Davis n the lad from Luton are better than what we've seen so far. Throw in a.rose and wright who could add that bit of youth, pace and unexpectedness ( is that a word?) and it's not total doom and gloom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
arryarryarry
September 30, 2018, 5:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano
I really can't disagree with you Mrs Doyle. Was so frustrated to see Woolford continue his non performance of last week, by continually giving Shiite passes whilst rose who was the best town player by far last week gets dropped!
I have so wanted jolley to be the new lawrie Mac or AB but I just can't see a way back having seen these last 2 games.
The frustrating thing was that we knew morecambe always had a goal in them, but we actually got a lot better as the first half went on.so what happens after h-t ? Cook drops back and we completely fail to get embleton involved.all we had to do was give him the ball because as he's got 2 good feet, a bit of pace, a bit of skill, a good shot, and a good pass they were running scared once he got the ball. Would love to know how many touches he had in each half.
I suspect, much to my regret, that we have to say thank you and goodbye, and I am absolutely gutted to be thinking that.
It's best to do it sooner rather than later because actually a new manager does have some talent to work with. I think Thomas, cook,Pringle  embleton and vernham have real ability. Hessentaler, Hendrie ,m.rose and mckeown are more than good enough for this divisionClifton ,rhj and fox won't let you down and I'm sure Davis n the lad from Luton are better than what we've seen so far. Throw in a.rose and wright who could add that bit of youth, pace and unexpectedness ( is that a word?) and it's not total doom and gloom

I think he tends to punish players who are at fault with conceding goals, he did with Whitmore who was at fault with two goals against Bury and Rose was dreadful in defending Oldhams's third goal.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 6:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Doesn't apply to Collins or Woolford of course.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
Davec
September 30, 2018, 6:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think he tends to punish players who are at fault with conceding goals, he did with Whitmore who was at fault with two goals against Bury and Rose was dreadful in defending Oldhams's third goal.

I wish he would dtop Collins then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 6:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Harry Davis has a serious knee injury so doesn't look like Collins will be dropped any time soon. Still, at least we've got strength in depth as cover. Oh wait......

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
oldun
October 1, 2018, 11:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Comment by Morecombe fans as they left. We deserved to win and Grimsby were poor, how on earth do they still get 4000 to watch that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
Gaffer58
October 1, 2018, 2:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
I cannot understand how people say Collins is slow, he back peddles as quick as the opposition striker runs at him, pity he's not as fast running forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.