lew chaterleys lover
September 29, 2018, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
As bad as i've seen us play since the dark days of Newell. When you are played off the pitch (again) by Morecamb and Rhys Oates is running our defence ragged, you know the writing is on the wall. The fans and the team look as downtrodden as each other. All the life has been sucked out of the club, on and off the pitch, and the malaise is there for all to see. Had Thomas' shot not cannoned back off the bar, it could have been different, but football is all about taking your chances, and we clearly cannot.

Morecambe thoroughly deserved the win and were better than us all over the pitch, and that is very worrying. We look like this season's Chesterfield, and we need to act before we are dragged back into the non league cesspit. Totally and utterly fed up of failure upon failure. Sack Jolley, don't sack Jolley, don't think it will make much difference to be honest. It's clear that the board is the problem.

Collins, Welsh and Woolford need retiring to an old folks home on that showing.

I agree with all of that; I am incredulous how inept our players look, especially those that came with a reasonable reputation.

None of them are fit enough, and Welsh in particular looks like he has never played the pro game. What the hell has happened?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Pontooner
September 29, 2018, 6:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
That was painful to watch. Just so many things wrong.

No proper width. So no real service for Thomas.

Constantly giving the ball away cheaply, which resulted in one of goals conceded.

Collins not looking the player he was. Didn't dominate in the air, which was one of his strengths and he looks really vulnerable to players running at him (fully expect opposing teams to focus on that in coming games).

Any confidence the team may have had completely evaporated after Morecambe's first and we looked a shambles. Didn't see any leaders out there when we really needed them.

Really frustrating that we had to wait until late in the game for Pringle to come on a give us width. He looks to have some quality about him and as others have said, he put some real quality balls into the box. If he's not got 90 mins in him yet, I 'd rather see him start and be replaced later in the game as there's little other creativity out there, especially as for some reason, Verman can't get a game.

If we don't get a win in our next two games, something has to give.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2018, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
A performance devoid of anything positive (bar the goal).  Can’t be bothered to list our failings.

Jolley said before that we find new ways to lose.  We also find the same old ways to concede goals.

In the programme today Jolley said that we have played 8 teams in the top half and only 1 team in the bottom half.  Well, today made no difference did it?

Jolley kept us up last season.  We thank him for that.  We would be in dire straights like Chesterfield probably.

6 defeats and the performances are unacceptable.  I saw no green shoots of improvement today.

Jolley needs to go (now or after the Carlisle game).  That is my view.  I have had enough.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
TAGG
September 29, 2018, 7:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Heisenberg
I never wanted it to come to this, but Jolley out, Dave Moore in to steady the ship and see how things go. We have to change something, this is a disaster, and we’re all sick of it.

I would go with that

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Bigdog
September 29, 2018, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Heisenberg
I never wanted it to come to this, but Jolley out, Dave Moore in to steady the ship and see how things go. We have to change something, this is a disaster, and we’re all sick of it.

Yeah, that'll work. Let's put our physio in charge. As if he'll steady the ship. He even let a player who has sustained a serious knee injury limp halfway round the pitch. Sums this two bob club up to be honest. Let's not get all misty eyed about Dave Moore. FFS, we're in real trouble here and this idea gets loads of support?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
golfer
September 29, 2018, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
The only reason we lost is that the defence is crap-the midfield is crap-the forward line is crap-the manager is crap-the board is crap-even the pies are crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
ska face
September 29, 2018, 7:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
Jolley made a big point about this group of senior players he’s been working with to help guide the squad - McKeown, Collins, Woolford and Welsh. Well they’ve absolutely had his pants down and are some of the MAJOR problems in this team.

McKeown - lets the ball bounce in his 6 yard box AGAIN and sees it float in off his far post. Game over.

Collins - if you’ve not got the pace and agility to stop Rhys Oates getting past you over 40 yards, then hang your boots up. How many goals is that conceded in the exact same manner?

These four are supposed to be the leaders in this squad but I’ve seen more life in a tramp’s vest. Not an ounce of enthusiasm amongst them, when it’s all going mammaries up are the likes of Embleton, Cook and Davies going to be inspired when this mob are melting away on the pitch and sloping about with their heads down.

Big earners and happy to be seen as leaders but when it comes to the crunch, too many are missing. That’s the worst part of it all for me.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2018, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
Golfer, but at least the weather was good!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
The Waif
September 29, 2018, 7:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +49
Lost count how many times this season Collins has been at fault for a goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
chaos33
September 29, 2018, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from ska face
Jolley made a big point about this group of senior players he’s been working with to help guide the squad - McKeown, Collins, Woolford and Welsh. Well they’ve absolutely had his pants down and are some of the MAJOR problems in this team.

McKeown - lets the ball bounce in his 6 yard box AGAIN and sees it float in off his far post. Game over.

Collins - if you’ve not got the pace and agility to stop Rhys Oates getting past you over 40 yards, then hang your boots up. How many goals is that conceded in the exact same manner?

These four are supposed to be the leaders in this squad but I’ve seen more life in a tramp’s vest. Not an ounce of enthusiasm amongst them, when it’s all going mammaries up are the likes of Embleton, Cook and Davies going to be inspired when this mob are melting away on the pitch and sloping about with their heads down.

Big earners and happy to be seen as leaders but when it comes to the crunch, too many are missing. That’s the worst part of it all for me.

Couldn't agree more.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.