5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 29, 2018, 5:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
We had the urine took out of us on the pitch and the club hav taken the urine out of us off it. For too long. jolley out and fenty OUT. Go. Go. Go. intercourse off now fenty and take your board of old codgers with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
blundellpork
September 29, 2018, 5:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Whilst admittedly the team are low on confidence after the run of games so far, we create so many of our own problems. The ball is so often played sloppily giving the opposition the chance to win a 50/50, and the defence continue to back off.

Need to see the highlights but suspect Collins at fault for backing off for the first, and no one willing to put a head or foot in for the second.

Despite dropping down 2 divisions, it looks like Welsh’s legs have gone and is way off the pace.

Very concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Marinerz93
September 29, 2018, 5:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We are now in the bottom 2, we're so excrement it's unbelievable, it's all your fault Fenty either through appointments or budget, it's about time you left, taking that benign debt with you and give someone with ambition take the reigns at Town, you have more than failed as custodian, and under your stewardship we are witnessing the worst era in our long and great history.

Fenty and his yes men out.

Jolley out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Heisenberg
September 29, 2018, 5:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,963
Gold Stars: 93
I never wanted it to come to this, but Jolley out, Dave Moore in to steady the ship and see how things go. We have to change something, this is a disaster, and we’re all sick of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Welsh was effing dreadful today but he wasn't on his own.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
ROKERITE
September 29, 2018, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from topuphere666
It’s disappointing. It really is, I wanted MJ to do well for us, he came in last season and worked a miracle I really expected us to be up there this season but I think it’s time to review his position at the club. It’s not working, nothing is clicking for us and we’re going out without a battle or fight.

Trouble is.. who’s kicking about that would want to join us as manager. It’ll be a cheap option

This morning I was checking Morecambe's view of things. Their new Essex based owners are toying with the idea of a director of football and Paul Ince's name is being mentioned; more fools them.
Ideally I'd like to have seen Jolley given more time; he was such a popular choice: but if a change must be made then Jim Bentley, who has worked miracles year on year just keeping The Shrimps in League Two, might be open to an approach. He's not an exciting name but right now I'd imagine finishing 22nd is all most Grimsby supporters are concerned about.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
ginnywings
September 29, 2018, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
As bad as i've seen us play since the dark days of Newell. When you are played off the pitch (again) by Morecamb and Rhys Oates is running our defence ragged, you know the writing is on the wall. The fans and the team look as downtrodden as each other. All the life has been sucked out of the club, on and off the pitch, and the malaise is there for all to see. Had Thomas' shot not cannoned back off the bar, it could have been different, but football is all about taking your chances, and we clearly cannot.

Morecambe thoroughly deserved the win and were better than us all over the pitch, and that is very worrying. We look like this season's Chesterfield, and we need to act before we are dragged back into the non league cesspit. Totally and utterly fed up of failure upon failure. Sack Jolley, don't sack Jolley, don't think it will make much difference to be honest. It's clear that the board is the problem.

Collins, Welsh and Woolford need retiring to an old folks home on that showing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
moosey_club
September 29, 2018, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Well....

Fking rubbish.

McKeown kept the score down...easily could have been 5 or 6.

Thomas ran all over but no support, no quality balls to him.

MJ...Woolford is not a winger in a 4-4-2
MJ...Welsh is pointless in a centre 2
MJ...Collins is beating himself at the moment

Pringle put in probably 3 of the best crosses i have seen at BP for years. MUST start.

Morecambe just played simple balls to feet...pass and move...we chased the ball like school kids...no..not school kids...we chased the ball like a puppy.

Embarrassing......and they were below us !!!

I forced myself to go today..even with a voucher offer I was reluctant.....should have listened to my gut instinct

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Maringer
September 29, 2018, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
First half very poor but Morecambe clearly weren't great either despite the fact that we were doing our best to give them chances - I reckon we must have set up half of their attacks in the first half from underhitting simple passes in midfield. If only the Thomas chance had gone in - which would have been deserved after a decent bit of football. Unfortunately, the other side then immediately showed itself. We nicked the ball in midfield, players pushed forward to attack and Embleton inexplicably dwelt on the ball instead of passing it simply to one of a few players. This left Oates with a run at goal and the defenders who were there failed to cover themselves in glory yet again. The second came from a simple cross into the box which McKeown just watched bounce through and in. Much too easily distracted by the opposition forwards.

Oddly enough, I thought they had threatened less in that second half but then we end up gifting them two goals.

I'd imagine Jolley may get one more game to save himself but something needs to change in the way we are playing. Cook clearly isn't a centre-forward, even if he thinks he is. His turn inside before our opener showed he has ability but leading the line is beyond him as he's not big enough, quick enough, strong enough or clever enough. In fact you could say the same about pretty much all of our attackers.

Welsh one or two good tackles but otherwise utterly anonymous and it was Hessenthaler's worst performance that I've seen.

The injuries at the back continue so I feel some sympathy with the bad luck we've encountered in defence, but we look all over the place on the back foot and there are no partnerships forming. Mills was the best full-back on the pitch today and he should be playing for us.

Thomas did better in the second half after a shocking first period but no support from midfield. Good crosses from Pringle which is a plus even though we don't have anyone to head the ball up front. Woolford a few shots but the keeper didn't have to take a single step to save them.

Not quite sure what Jolley's plans are but he needs something to go his way or just chance on a formation and line-up that works. No indication that anybody in the team has the confidence to make something happen, however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
MuddyWaters
September 29, 2018, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer
First half very poor but Morecambe clearly weren't great either despite the fact that we were doing our best to give them chances - I reckon we must have set up half of their attacks in the first half from underhitting simple passes in midfield. If only the Thomas chance had gone in - which would have been deserved after a decent bit of football. Unfortunately, the other side then immediately showed itself. We nicked the ball in midfield, players pushed forward to attack and Embleton inexplicably dwelt on the ball instead of passing it simply to one of a few players. This left Oates with a run at goal and the defenders who were there failed to cover themselves in glory yet again. The second came from a simple cross into the box which McKeown just watched bounce through and in. Much too easily distracted by the opposition forwards.

Oddly enough, I thought they had threatened less in that second half but then we end up gifting them two goals.

I'd imagine Jolley may get one more game to save himself but something needs to change in the way we are playing. Cook clearly isn't a centre-forward, even if he thinks he is. His turn inside before our opener showed he has ability but leading the line is beyond him as he's not big enough, quick enough, strong enough or clever enough. In fact you could say the same about pretty much all of our attackers.

Welsh one or two good tackles but otherwise utterly anonymous and it was Hessenthaler's worst performance that I've seen.

The injuries at the back continue so I feel some sympathy with the bad luck we've encountered in defence, but we look all over the place on the back foot and there are no partnerships forming. Mills was the best full-back on the pitch today and he should be playing for us.

Thomas did better in the second half after a shocking first period but no support from midfield. Good crosses from Pringle which is a plus even though we don't have anyone to head the ball up front. Woolford a few shots but the keeper didn't have to take a single step to save them.

Not quite sure what Jolley's plans are but he needs something to go his way or just chance on a formation and line-up that works. No indication that anybody in the team has the confidence to make something happen, however.

His plans should involve packing boxes. But then the board should never set foot in BP again - but they will.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.