lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 11:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Bigdog

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do fans or away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..

Like you, well like most of us I guess,I have noticed an apathy creeping in at how the club is run in all the off field areas.

Too many people have been there far too long, and have just become blind to it, which is a normal human trait. However, if that is transferred to a so called professional outfit, it sets the tone for other things.

Slapdash is the word I would use to describe GTFC; the owner has run out of ideas, and seeing as he is the only man who matters then the club is in a mess.

We urgently need a fresh start. If I was Fenty and didn't want to walk away I would hire a top class Operating officer to revamp the whole lot and breathe fresh life into it, with bonuses for attracting investment and getting Fenty his money back. It is not in his DNA sadly so we will remain pretty much as we are, but with a new first team manager I suppose.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 72
Yoda
September 30, 2018, 7:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
GTFC is now in a death spiral to non league football.
We are now known as a conference or struggling league 2 team so nobody wants to come here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 72
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Yoda
GTFC is now in a death spiral to non league football.
We are now known as a conference or struggling league 2 team so nobody wants to come here.

It kills me to say it, but you are right. Just as we dismiss Macclesfield or Morecombe (!) other footballing people now dismiss us in the same vein.

It is criminal really, but we are now just bottom of league 2 /Conference fodder. Our glory days are so far behind us, nobody outside of Grimsby is bothered.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.