Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity or general malaise?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 103 Guests

Positivity or general malaise?

This thread currently has 5,168 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mariner Timsky
September 26, 2018, 11:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Unfortunately supporting Town is mostly crap and disappointing  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
carrot top
September 26, 2018, 4:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Can't motivate myself for this Saturday. It's just not entertaining anymore (Lincoln game aside). Hate to say it but I need a break from whats on offer at BP at the moment. I expect a very low attendance on Saturday which should send a message to the Board. That said we will probably win 4-0 now

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
AndyDarloFC
September 27, 2018, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
I’ll be there with my 8 year old daughter since I’m down for the weekend.

She’s already suffered been dragged to Darlo games this season and we’ve lost both times. Hopefully she brings some winning luck to you on Saturday.

UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 26
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2018, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
I’ll be there with my 8 year olds daughter since I’m down for the weekend.

She’s already suffered been dragged to Darlo games this season and we’ve lost both times. Hopefully she brings some winning luck to you on Saturday.

UTM.

Bloody hell you have them young up there. Your 8 year old has a daughter?!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Zmariner
September 27, 2018, 11:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Malaise not really but apathy and increasing indifference. Onlly having a season ticket gets me there and without no chance. Simply no longer enjoy it as the cycle of failure is tiresome. I would be happy with mid table mediocrity but we are way short of that. Relegation would be over and out for me utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2018, 6:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Zmariner
Malaise not really but apathy and increasing indifference. Onlly having a season ticket gets me there and without no chance. Simply no longer enjoy it as the cycle of failure is tiresome. I would be happy with mid table mediocrity but we are way short of that. Relegation would be over and out for me utm

I get this, the apathy though is from the top down. The “just keeping the club going” mentality that the board have has filtered down into every aspect of the club. Despite the poor start to the season MJ feels like he’s the only one “glass half full” and I sense that’s a bit different after some abject performances from the players.

At work I often talk to colleagues about not being constrained by limiting beliefs, this applies to every aspect of GTFC at the moment I’m afraid and it’s really fukin frustrating!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
MuddyWaters
September 28, 2018, 8:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Having started the thread, I'm really interested to see the responses.

I do believe that the malaise comes from within the club. There is a band of stooges (and I don't mean the directors exclusively) that are just trying to stand still. I have no doubt that they are trying their best but, recent history suggests that they are not making a very good job of it.

Is there a plan? I have my own thoughts but, again, it looks unlikely. In the interim, GTFC toys with our heartstrings and every home game offers another opportunity to be disappointed - there's four opportunities in the next four weeks folks!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity or general malaise?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.