Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity or general malaise?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 240 Guests

Positivity or general malaise?

This thread currently has 5,164 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2018, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Who's up for Saturday? Let's hope that in the next few days MJ & his team can find this high-energy, athletic formula that we were promised when the signings were being made. I hope that the higher tech sound system makes an appearance to keep us old duffers awake and that we can at last see a home performance worthy of the name.

Time we saw a team worthy of a new community stadium where the main winners will be the population of Grimsby as opposed to some developers lining their pockets.
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2018, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
OC...I turn up every game thinking "this is the one, we match we really turn it on and smash 4 goals in and run the opposition ragged"....but, unfortunately I tend to go home with a whitesnake sing blasting in my ears......"here we go again"...another 90 minutes of disappointment...so, positivity I'd like to have but I'm afraid it's more of a malaise that's set in yet again....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
ginnywings
September 24, 2018, 7:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Just spoken to my brother and he's bailed. Said he can't take any more and isn't going on Saturday. I must admit that after 46 years loyal support, i'm definitely starting to waver. I'd put my chances of being there on Saturday as 50/50. It's not just the football either, it's the whole GTFC experience. The board really sank to new depths for me last season, and it still rankles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
marinernige
September 24, 2018, 7:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
If we can see a performance of the likes of Lincoln and Mk games, of fight, passion, commitment, then Town can start to push on again, I'm totally baffled why we haven't seen anything near these two games since. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2018, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
Just spoken to my brother and he's bailed. Said he can't take any more and isn't going on Saturday. I must admit that after 46 years loyal support, i'm definitely starting to waiver. I'd put my chances of being there on Saturday as 50/50. It's not just the football either, it's the whole GTFC experience. The board really sank to new depths for me last season, and it still rankles.

It rankles with me too but I've come to the conclusion that my love of GTFC is greater than any negative feeling towards the board. I'm hoping to be supporting the club beyond the point where the current incumbents are in charge, but it is dragging and I am beginning to wonder!  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2018, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It rankles with me too but I've come to the conclusion that my love of GTFC is greater than any negative feeling towards the board. I'm hoping to be supporting the club beyond the point where the current incumbents are in charge, but it is dragging and I am beginning to wonder!  

Whilst there is atill a minute possibility of a move to utopia the “immovable objects” that sit at their self created top table nothing’s changing.

Their problem is that they think small if you think that way that’s what the output generally is.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Yoda
September 24, 2018, 8:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
there are 3 of us not going we have come the conclusion the only way to get rid of fenty is to starve him out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2018, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Yoda
there are 3 of us not going we have come the conclusion the only way to get rid of fenty is to starve him out.

It wont work though sadly; if he has to make up any shortfall he gives us another benign loan which he expects to be repaid.

I suppose if the support was very very poor for a long time he might have a problem, but he even survived the non league years when crowds generally were much lower.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
promotion plaice
September 24, 2018, 9:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from ginnywings
Just spoken to my brother and he's bailed. Said he can't take any more and isn't going on Saturday. I must admit that after 46 years loyal support, i'm definitely starting to waver. I'd put my chances of being there on Saturday as 50/50. It's not just the football either, it's the whole GTFC experience. The board really sank to new depths for me last season, and it still rankles.

I bought a season ticket again this season but.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19GVGtBAUE

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
GrimRob
September 24, 2018, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
If you don't go, you just might miss a classic. I remember when we hadn't scored for 6 games and were, I think, 4-0 up at half-time at Boston. I was fortunate enough to be there and it's one of my favourite football memories remembering the joy and disbelief on people's faces. Football can be crap, disappointing and brilliant, you just never know!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity or general malaise?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.