2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2018, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
Some interesting comments from our longest serving player?

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....ames-mckeown-2036886

I don’t think he’s far wrong.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2018, 4:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Always wears his heart on his sleeve, great shot stopper, brilliant servant to GTFC but I still question his distribution and inability to control and be a presence in the 6 yard box...that said I'd still have him as the first name on the team sheet, he must be p!ssed off knowing he committed to town thinking we we're in for a renaissance and has witnessed the complete opposite....wonder if he's kicking his own @rse for not signing for Motherwell now, can't say I'd blame for feeling completely defrauded out of a career move.....I'll leave it at that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
moosey_club
September 24, 2018, 4:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Would be interesting if we hadn't read the same article from him or another "senior pro" about 20 times over the last couple of seasons.

Shouldnt be too long before ;

we are working hard on the training ground to put it right
we are due the rub of the green
turning a corner
we are determined to put it right as a group
just a goal off someones backside

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
gtfcmd
September 24, 2018, 4:52pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
wonder if there is a ''get out'' clause in his contract if the worst was to happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
lobsterpot
September 24, 2018, 4:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Always wears his heart on his sleeve, great shot stopper, brilliant servant to GTFC but I still question his distribution and inability to control and be a presence in the 6 yard box...that said I'd still have him as the first name on the team sheet, he must be p!ssed off knowing he committed to town thinking we we're in for a renaissance and has witnessed the complete opposite....wonder if he's kicking his own @rse for not signing for Motherwell now, can't say I'd blame for feeling completely defrauded out of a career move.....I'll leave it at that

I wouldnt exactly call a move to Scotland defrauding a career move altho' i know where you are sort of coming from. If it was a move to 1 of the big 2 and the limelight of tv and europe then fair do's but over the past couple of years, our ex players that made the move have hardly set the world alight. Infact Clay got his dream move away from the well when he stepped up a level to Leyton Orient didnt he? Did you see that Sutton Utd and Boreham Wood both played in the Scottish challenge cup the other week? Sutton won 1-0 at Airdrie and Boreham drew 0-0 with Dunfermline. Both have been mixing it with Motherwell in the prem in recent years.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2018, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
I admire Macca for wearing his heart on his sleeve and he's not a bad keeper at this level but it would be nice to hear from the club captain in circumstances like these. He's got experience at a higher level but we've heard next to nothing from him since the start of the season.

It's just an observation but it would be nice to hear from someone different to Macca, however well-meant his words are.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Gaffer58
September 24, 2018, 7:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Can't be arsed with reading these articles, it would be more interesting if he said it as it is, eg: said he cannot understand why we don't play 2 up front, or why we never leave anyone up front when defending a corner so that he could throw/ kick the ball quickly to someone. There loads more we would love to hear but never will because we understand he cannot be honest or fear of upsetting people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Croxton
September 24, 2018, 8:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Not reading this or any other player article. The very notion is a sop and patronising to fans. Don't care about their families, training ground larks or badge kissing. Rot set in with names on shirts and on pitch presentations. Macca and the squad should only focus on their time on the pitch. Points win prizes. Media can talk to the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2018, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Gaffer58
Can't be arsed with reading these articles, it would be more interesting if he said it as it is, eg: said he cannot understand why we don't play 2 up front, or why we never leave anyone up front when defending a corner so that he could throw/ kick the ball quickly to someone. There loads more we would love to hear but never will because we understand he cannot be honest or fear of upsetting people.

Or why Robles was in the Town end on Saturday and at half time having an animated conversation with the warm up lad while we where a sub short on the bench, another injury?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Abdul19
September 25, 2018, 6:34am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I don't think we were a sub short, Embleton was added to the list late.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca’s views

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.