MuddyWaters
September 24, 2018, 9:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Grim74

At least Bother to get your facts right before posting in the past 7 seasons we have only been in the league 2 times and 2016-17 we finished above them!!
From 2013 - 2016 we wasn’t even in the same league so you can’t compare performance.
2011 - 2013 we were both non league and we finished above them in the 2011-2011 season.

I suggest you have a look at the League table this morning. Newport are a fans-run club with a board of 10 elected directors - we are run by the majority shareholder and a few hangers-on.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Cloudy
September 24, 2018, 9:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grim74

At least Bother to get your facts right before posting in the past 7 seasons we have only been in the league 2 times and 2016-17 we finished above them!!
From 2013 - 2016 we wasn’t even in the same league so you can’t compare performance.
2011 - 2013 we were both non league and we finished above them in the 2011-2011 season.

Are you for real?

By your own stats the mighty Newport have finished ahead of us in the standings for 5 out of 7 seasons which is EXACTLY my point.

I love the fact you quote that "From 2013 - 2016 we wasn’t even in the same league so you can’t compare performance". Of course you can, they were in the league above us!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
Grim74
September 24, 2018, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Cloudy

Are you for real?

By your own stats the mighty Newport have finished ahead of us in the standings for 5 out of 7 seasons which is EXACTLY my point.

“ out performed GTFC for several seasons” that was you quote right?
Look you’ve already lost the argument just give up.🙄

Quoted Text
love the fact you quote that "From 2013 - 2016 we wasn’t even in the same league so you can’t compare performance". Of course you can, they were in the league above us!

By your reckoning then last season Sunderland our performed Wigan WTF! I think you need to understand the word performed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
Swansea_Mariner
September 24, 2018, 11:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Grim74 you have some fuzzy logic going on here, how on earth can you argue that a club in a higher league was not out performing us? This would be the same Newport who kicked our bottom in the playoffs too?

There are loads of other examples of location not being a problem, Carlisle and  Exeter seem to out perform us year in year out. And if location was the primary determinant in attracting quality players how come Barnet and Orient went down surely they benefit from the same location benefits of a club such as Bury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
Grim74
September 24, 2018, 12:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Grim74 you have some fuzzy logic going on here, how on earth can you argue that a club in a higher league was not out performing us? This would be the same Newport who kicked our bottom in the playoffs too?

There are loads of other examples of location not being a problem, Carlisle and  Exeter seem to out perform us year in year out. And if location was the primary determinant in attracting quality players how come Barnet and Orient went down surely they benefit from the same location benefits of a club such as Bury.

Did Wigan outperform Sunderland last season? I bet if you asked the Sunderland fans the answer would be a resounding yes.

You can’t compare different leagues when measuring our performance, I get what you are saying but our performance is based fundamentally on the direct competition which is currently 23 other league 2 teams.

I can just imagine the Wigan fans “yeah we are champions we’ve won the league” hold hold on you’re still shite as you were outperformed by 44 other teams go whip yourself.

Carlisle and Exeter are basement clubs and always will be. yes Carlisle did reach the top with a that GEM of a manager which was in the great Bill Shankley’s words “the greatest ever football achievement” because he understood.

As for Barnet basically a pub team and Leyton Orient well for them to be in the non league has everything to do with poor management from top to bottom.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
Cloudy
September 24, 2018, 3:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
So grim74, let us get back to what was originally posed;  you are claiming that Newport being say, 16th in League 2 is not a better perfomrance than Grimsby town being say 5th in the Conference?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
grimsby pete
September 24, 2018, 4:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Let's be right.

We have a custodian who thinks it was wrong to bulldoze 4 tower blocks that were way out of date, would rather build a stadium on a greenfield site rather than re-generate the East Marsh and believes Operation Promotion was the worst thing that's happened to the club.

Add to that flasks, flags, Newell, 'benign' debts, Radio Humberside, the fans forum, interview from the snooker room & it's fairly obvious where the roots of our problems lie.

I am sure I helped build 6 tower blocks.

I did not contribute much though, I did enjoy doing the snagging once the people moved in.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
Grim74
September 24, 2018, 5:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
So grim74, let us get back to what was originally posed;  you are claiming that Newport being say, 16th in League 2 is not a better perfomrance than Grimsby town being say 5th in the Conference?

No this was before that - “ out performed GTFC for several seasons”

Total bollox just admit it and you are now scraping the barrel to mask your bullshit lazy post that I shot done in flames.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
toontown
September 24, 2018, 10:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,270
Gold Stars: 70
Sorry ģrim not looking for an argument but very clearly those teams who were in the league above us who were not relegated were doing better than us.
Claiming that you have shot down his argument in flames - hmmmm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
Grim74
September 25, 2018, 8:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from toontown
Sorry ģrim not looking for an argument but very clearly those teams who were in the league above us who were not relegated were doing better than us.
Claiming that you have shot down his argument in flames - hmmmm.

My shot down in flames claim was regarding cloudy’s false claim which was factually incorrect.i’m no the argumentive type and was just correcting him. It then got a bit silly thinking about it now if I’m honest. But instead of just saying ok I was wrong he decided to go on the attack and  nit-pick my reply.

Looking  at this objectively I can see that regarding ‘performance’ we are both correct, it’s just that we’ve defined performance in a different way so I can’t be fairer than that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › IF things dont turn out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.