Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's face it.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Let's face it.....

This thread currently has 4,924 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
September 22, 2018, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Under the current regime, we're doomed, doomed I tell ya...!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
September 22, 2018, 10:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Under the current regime, we're doomed, doomed I tell ya...!!

I’ll admit I haven’t seen enough of Town this season, so I pray Jolley will turn it around as I really like him. But, I’ll be going against Morecambe, and if we lose I don’t care what decision the board take. Jolley was most people’s choice, so if WE got it wrong, we got it wrong. However, if neither the board nor the fans can get it right, let’s be honest, we’ll be in the conference next season with nobody to blame. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that........
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
bawarmy
September 22, 2018, 11:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,005
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’ll admit I haven’t seen enough of Town this season, so I pray Jolley will turn it around as I really like him. But, I’ll be going against Morecambe, and if we lose I don’t care what decision the board take. Jolley was most people’s choice, so if WE got it wrong, we got it wrong. However, if neither the board nor the fans can get it right, let’s be honest, we’ll be in the conference next season with nobody to blame. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that........

I’m  sad because I like him too. I really wanted and still want him to be a success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
grimsby pete
September 23, 2018, 11:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
I think we all want him to be a success,

BUT

We can not keep playing like we are doing.

A few wins will make everybody feel a lot better.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
GYinScuntland
September 23, 2018, 2:30pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Heisenberg

So it's the fault of the fans again.
We're a bunch of wrong 'uns and no mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
promotion plaice
September 23, 2018, 2:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
The way I see it is we need to have a competitive player budget which clearly we haven't got, as in we never signed that recognised goalscorer that we all could see we needed (we only sign bargain basement for this level).......and how many of our players would get into another League 2 team.

We need a Chairman that can buy us out of trouble if needed and would Mr Fenty be prepared to do that ?  doubt it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
cannylad68
September 23, 2018, 3:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
But, would you trust Michael Jolley with an open cheque book?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
promotion plaice
September 23, 2018, 3:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from cannylad68
But, would you trust Michael Jolley with an open cheque book?

No

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Garth
September 24, 2018, 5:33am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Forget the Cheque book for now, we have got a bunch of half decent individuals that need to be turned into a team, problem is the longer we go without a win the lack of player self confidence will increase.

IMO The sooner the manager shows confidence in eleven players to start games consecutively week in week out, the sooner we get a settled team followed by results, lets start this Saturday by getting behind the players and manager we`ve got
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
pen penfras
September 24, 2018, 7:23am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from promotion plaice
The way I see it is we need to have a competitive player budget which clearly we haven't got, as in we never signed that recognised goalscorer that we all could see we needed (we only sign bargain basement for this level).......and how many of our players would get into another League 2 team.

We need a Chairman that can buy us out of trouble if needed and would Mr Fenty be prepared to do that ?  doubt it.

I get what you're saying and doubt we have a top 5 budget, but I just don't get this opinion. We don't make much money despite having the 8th highest average attendance in the league last season. How does that translate as a low budget? It doesn't really add up to me. Sure, some clubs like FGR, Mansfield, Lincoln and Notts County have a sugar daddy that's pumping money in, but they don't all have one.

The second part is kind of a moot point. We all know that money won't be given to the club, so why expect it? Even if money was put in, it would be as loans which you'd then take exception to. We have to live within our means and our support suggests that should be enough to be top half, which I expect is about where our budget is. Quite why we don't seem to be able to achieve that is beyond me, but I can't believe that last season 30 odd players was a low budget and we've signed some well known players this season who must be on a decent wage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's face it.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.