September 23, 2018, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Inclined to agree with Forza Ivano.

There’s signs of something emerging and we just need a bit more urgency. We’ve been here before but with less scrutiny. I’m confident it’ll come good if given time and patience.

For 15 mins in the first half versus Oldham I would agree, we where excellent versus Lincoln, mixed but overall good versus MKD and functional versus Macc, Apart from that we've been pretty poor.

Jolley has fallen into the trap Slade did when we went South last season, if it does not work in one game change it for the next, this in my view ithis does not help as players need to get used to each other and a way of playing.

The back room staff need to throw away the ring binders for a bit and pick the best, fittest 11 in one shape and stick to it for a bit.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2018, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano

I'm desperately hoping that yesterday was a parallel with wycombe last year, where we lost but were much better than the previous couple of games. I just haven't got much evidence to back the hope up!

I'm desperately hoping for some tempo & dynamism. As Herts says, chuck the classroom ring binders in the bin & pick a team that will get at the opposition, get the crowd going and stop turning Blundell Park into a morgue. We were promised a more athletic approach, time to get it on even if it means leaving Welsh, Collins & Woolford out.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.