3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2018, 5:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Well that was poor and another weekend where another team beat us without even breaking into a sweat. MJ set the side up for a point and on the odd occasion we threatened their goal we never got anything on target additionally I have never seen a Town side who don't get the ball at their feet in the opposition penalty box.  

We look like a relegation side with absolutely no real attaching intent or care in offensive positions and absolutely no tempo this is no better than when Slade was in charge. I can't believe that all we have is the Mitch Rose long throw to a man at the near post, which incidentally Stevenaage dealt with really comfortably. We where short of ideas all game and it always felt inevitable that the home side would get a late winner.

Something is not right the players don't look particularly fit and a few of them don't look that bothered we are carrying the likes of Collins at the back and with one up front today we just lacked the ability to move into space for a lay off from Thomas.

I don't know what had gone on but we only had 5 outfield subs today and at half time the warm up lad was having an animated conversation with Robles who was sat in the Town end, feels to me like the manager and his team just need to keep it simple. Other thing that stands out is that he left the changes too late and should have been a bit braver when we did actually have a half decent 5 mins in the second half.

Things need to improve fast otherwise we'll need to make a change, I like Jolley he get what the clubs about but must also get the relegation back to the National League is not acceptable and at this rate possible.

Some may say we deserved a point today in my view looking at the the overall picture the standard of play, selection and application we deserved very little and got exactly that. A few came out with a little credit so mentions to Macca with a couple of really good saves that deserved a clean sheet, Hessentaler, Clifton, Rose and Thomas who all worked had if not smart.

Relegation 6 pointer next week...............In September???

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
codcheeky
September 22, 2018, 5:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Agree with this,  two poor teams but we look so limited. Never looked likely to score
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
codcheeky
September 22, 2018, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Agree with this,  two poor teams but we look so limited. Never looked likely to score
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
TownSNAFU5
September 22, 2018, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
We had 4 CBs playing, now 5 CMs.  We lost both games.  What is plan C, 6 strikers or 7 keepers?

We have tried everything else!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
sonofmadeleymariner
September 22, 2018, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
As I said on another thread, Jolley was too scared to go for the win, we were crying out for a second striker in the second half when we were starting to pile on the pressure, instead he brought on a left footed winger to whip crosses in from the right wing  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
sam gy
September 22, 2018, 6:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
We were in control for a portion of the second half, without having the men in the box or that killed ball played and should’ve made a change then. Hate that we only brought more strikers on once we’d gone down.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Bigdog
September 22, 2018, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The game was lost when Jolley chose his side, tactics and formation.

After last week, how does Collins stay in the side and Famewo gets dropped? Looks like MJ's going to shuffle his defence around as long as good old Danny plays. Big mistake. Looks like he's going to play Woolford no matter how badly he plays or ineffective he is. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to start Vernam our one player in the squad that can beat a man. Big mistake. Looks like he's going to continue playing defenders out of position, Davis this time at left back. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to select a consistent athletic defensive pairing or trio that can get a partnership working. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to play the front foot football he promised with slow ageing players consistently picked. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to play the front foot football with one isolated striker up top. Big mistake. Looks like he's going to continue to play central midfielders out wide rather than advanced full backs and three at the back because we have no wide attacking players in the squad. Two big mistakes in one. Looks like our team is as disjointed and unstructured as ever. Training ground big mistakes.

Let's face it Stevenage were shite. Both teams looked like Sunday League sides today and the difference was that Stevenage's poor to average players were able to cut through our defence like a knife through butter even though we set up with an extremely negative 4-5-1. We created practically nothing and looked as disjointed as any side I've seen around our own box, around our opponent's box and worst of all in wide areas.

What message does it send out to the rest of the squad when he picks Collins after last week which was one of the worst individual defensive performances I've ever seen, yet a previously solid Whitmore gets dropped after one shaky game and a previously solid Famewo has a shaky twenty minutes of distribution (but not defending) and gets dropped?

Sad day when I can't trust our manager to pick and retain a solid side when actually we've got some good players. Sad day when I'm starting to think the Jolley Revolution will never happen but I don't trust our chairman with a single decision when it comes to managers (or anything else). And it's a sad day when our chairman can't shut up for at least a day before dampening down expectations on a new stadium because he may not be the centre of attention in the proposed project.

Fooking exhausting and demoralising being a Town fan these past few years and just sick of the downright ineptitude seeping from every pore of the club on and off the pitch..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
chaos33
September 22, 2018, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Agree with all of this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2018, 6:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Bigdog
The game was lost when Jolley chose his side and formation.

After last week, how does Collins stay in the side and Famewo gets dropped? Looks like MJ's going to shuffle his defence around as long as good old Danny plays. Big mistake. Looks like he's going to play Woolford no matter how badly he plays or ineffective he is. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to start Vernam our one player in the squad that can beat a man. Big mistake. Looks like he's going to continue playing defenders out of position, Davis this time at left back. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to select a  centraconsistent athleticl defensive pairing or trio that can get a partnership working. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to play the front foot football he promised with slow ageing players consistently picked. Big mistake. Looks like he's never going to play the front foot football with one isolated striker up top. Big mistake. Looks like he's going to continue to play central midfielders out wide rather than advanced full backs and three at the back because we have no wide attacking players in the squad. Two big mistakes in one. Looks like our team is as disjointed and unstructured as ever. Training ground big mistakes.

Let's face it Stevenage are shite. Both sides looked like Sunday League sides today and the difference was that Stevenage's poor to average players were able to cut through our defence like a knife through butter even though we set up with an extremely negative 4-5-1. We created practically nothing and looked as disjointed as any side I've seen around our own box, around our opponent's box and worst of all in wide areas.

What message does it send out to the rest of the squad when he picks Collins after last week which was one of the worst individual defensive performances I've ever seen, yet a previously solid Whitmore gets dropped after one shaky game and a previously solid Famewo has a shaky twenty minutes of distribution (but not defending) and gets dropped?

Sad day when I can't trust our manager to pick and retain a solid side when actually we've got some good players. Sad day when I'm starting to think the Jolley Revolution will never happen but I don't trust our chairman with a single decision when it comes to managers (or anything else). And it's a sad day when our chairman can't shut up for at least a day before dampening down expectations on a new stadium because he may not be the centre of attention in the proposed project.

Fooking exhausting and demoralising being a Town fan these past few years and just sick of the down right ineptitude seeping from every pore of the club on and off the pitch..

All of the above and................ when the better players aren't picked to start the whole squad usually starts to doubt the manager I just wonder if we're at that stage yet, if not we will be soon if better.things don't get better.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Bigdog
September 22, 2018, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All of the above and................ when the better players aren't picked to start the whole squad usually starts to doubt the manager I just wonder if we're at that stage yet, if not we will be soon if better.things don't get better.

I think we were at that stage when Collins walked straight back into the side Herts. It's written all over the recent unconfident disjointed performances. The players look like they haven't got a shred of belief or confidence in what they're doing (including decision making) and it's maybe draining them so much mentally that it's also affecting their physicality and energy..

It's a right mess..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.