Gaffer58
September 23, 2018, 6:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from nightrider
Jolley will be gone by next week, we'll be relegated, in 18months he'll be managing another team who'll be top of the conference, Town will be mid table and the fans will be wishing we still had him in charge.....

The club's copulated, the way were going we'll be changing the manager every year at this rate

The good old 6 month rolling contract has saved us a few £'s in the last year. See Fenty does know what he's doing!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
Mrs Doyle
September 23, 2018, 7:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
How many targets of Jolley's wish list did he get though?

My guess is he was given a meagre amount and told not a penny more.

That leaves no room to negotiate for that decent striker for instance hence the need to try different tactics.

Looks like Jolley will need to find another rabbit at least he SHOULD get time to do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Yoda
September 23, 2018, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,967
Gold Stars: 65
A manager lives and dies by his signing of player sign good players you keep your job sign poor players you loose your job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
Cloudy
September 23, 2018, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I don’t think it matters to much tbh, I’m reliably told that training is modern interesting and structured but that’s all well and good but if the players lack quality.  He should be getting more out of them for sure but I’d like to see the wage bill compared to others in our league I think we’re lower end but please put me right if it’s not the case

Sums it up for me. Yes Jolley should be getting more out of the players but equally these guys need to walk the walk! They are professionals and need to come off the training pitch every day having tried to be the best player at training, then transfer it to a match day. All of them have to be aiming for the Man of the Match award before the game starts. Dominate their opponent, be the best player on the pitch, not looking around to see who will bail them out if it doesn’t go well.

Said it previously but MJ believes our budget is at best, in the 4th quartile. Puts it in perspective a little.

Batten down the hatches and let’s hope we give it a real go on Saturday, not to keep it tight, not to stay in the game until the last quarter, but try and blow them away from minute one!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2018, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

Sums it up for me. Yes Jolley should be getting more out of the players but equally these guys need to walk the walk! They are professionals and need to come off the training pitch every day having tried to be the best player at training, then transfer it to a match day. All of them have to be aiming for the Man of the Match award before the game starts. Dominate their opponent, be the best player on the pitch, not looking around to see who will bail them out if it doesn’t go well.

Said it previously but MJ believes our budget is at best, in the 4th quartile. Puts it in perspective a little.

Batten down the hatches and let’s hope we give it a real go on Saturday, not to keep it tight, not to stay in the game until the last quarter, but try and blow them away from minute one!

If MJ is right it'd be bloody risky, and probably pointless sacking him now. Moving deckchairs on the Titanic.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
ginnywings
September 23, 2018, 9:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Cloudy

How do you know this? Has he said this publicly?

Not casting aspersions at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
The Yard Dog
September 24, 2018, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Yes its a poor run of results and difficult to see were the next goal is coming from, let alone the next win  But if we sack Jolley who comes in? another journeyman manager who will say all the things that Jolley said.
Let's not forgot like Pete said most were happy with the appointment of Jolley and his signings, not so long ago people were calling for Fenty to extend jolley's contract before another club came in for him.

At present I am on the fence at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2018, 12:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Yes its a poor run of results and difficult to see were the next goal is coming from, let alone the next win  But if we sack Jolley who comes in? another journeyman manager who will say all the things that Jolley said.
Let's not forgot like Pete said most were happy with the appointment of Jolley and his signings, not so long ago people were calling for Fenty to extend jolley's contract before another club came in for him.

At present I am on the fence at the moment.

And, as Pete says, yes the majority was behind jolley and happy with the appointment but here we are, 9 games in and ask yourself, what has achieved...?..
Killed the optimism by saying we needed to kerb our enthusiasm, killed the optimism by not getting a proven goal scorer through the door, keeps playing players out of position, allows what is arguably our 2 quickest and shining starlets to go out on loan rather than blood them into our first team.
Killed the optimism with playing Collins at the rear who is clearly now better kept as a back up incase either Whitmore, Davis, Famewo get injured...
So, with what have seen.of the jolley revolution so far has dampened our spirits and many of us have had a change of heart and a bloody good dose of reality....we rode the crest of a wave but are now sinking fast, time to either hope the tide subsides and he gets afloat again or cast him aside, bring in a tried n tested manager at this level before it's too late...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
Cod Cheeks
September 24, 2018, 12:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from Yoda
A manager lives and dies by his signing of player sign good players you keep your job sign poor players you loose your job.

Sorry to disagree but a manager lives and dies by results.
If he gets poor players playing as a team, they an produce results.
Results breed confidence and so by nature the poor players improve.
An upward spiral.
Lack of confidence produces a downward spiral.
Give them time and support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Townee82
September 24, 2018, 1:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Mr Jolley works extremely hard at managing this club and hard work usually pays in the end it can also be infectious so given time and the ball falling for us i do believe we will get there . I hope ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Time to act Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.