Reply: 20 - 88
sonofmadeleymariner
September 22, 2018, 3:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Dull is an understatement watching this. Can't see us scoring even more then usual.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
BeijingMariner
September 22, 2018, 3:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
we seem toothless. only Welsh and Clifton are standout for me. Too many loose balls, half-attempts to get the ball let alone win it. Some pretty moments that end far too quickly in a give away but no oomph at all. Lots of hopeful (hopeless?) long balls though. They seem fast and purposeful compared to us. Am I way off the mark? I honestly know nothing about this the technicalities of football and systems but week in week out this is looking pretty depressingly aimless
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
bigbadmarinerbob
September 22, 2018, 3:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +126
Gold Stars: 2
god, this is boring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
Mighty_Mariner
September 22, 2018, 3:53pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Perhaps we could we're attempting the opposite to recent weeks where we play poor first half and great second!

It's the hope that kills you!  😢

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
headingly_mariner
September 22, 2018, 3:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Negative lineup and a negative first half. Glad we are not behind but Thomas is totally isolated and starved of service. Vernam must wonder what the intercourse he has to do to get a start.
Clifton has been busy and covered a lot of ground.
We do look like an accident waiting to happen at the back though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
sonofmadeleymariner
September 22, 2018, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Macca has done well with whats come his way, probably should of come for a few crosses nothing different there.
Davis clearly out of position has to keep coming back on himself as he has no left foot.
Collins weak link again, refuses to move from his CB position even when the Davis is already covering.
Whitmore is looking solid but nothing more.
Hendrie is struggling a little again a good quick left winger.
Woolford keeps passing sideways instead of forwards and isn't driving down the flanks insteading drifting in forcing Hess to go wide.
Hess is playing alright keeps having to pass backwards or sideways either because of lack of movement or finding himself on left wing.
Rose isplaying OK tackling well but his passing has been poor today and keeps doing his usual thing of losing the ball in the wrong places.
Welsh is covering alot of ground and playing well, probably the best player for us today.
Clifton can't decide if he should be bombing on or staying deep which isn't helping Hendrie either, hes putting in his usual effort but hes getting no where.
Thomas is getting nothing and I mean nothig, hes had scraps to desperately run on to and only one pass to feet.
Everyone seems to be playing a different style to everyone else. Stevenage aren't godd either but they've actually had shits we haven't.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
ginnywings
September 22, 2018, 3:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Another goalless 45 mins from us. Lethal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
moosey_club
September 22, 2018, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
0-0...with a cautious line up ......little goal threat .... i would think Jolley would be happy with that.

Desperately doesnt want to lose again so , so far so good in that respect...however its been the second halfs were generally we have come unstuck.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
Les Brechin
September 22, 2018, 4:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174

Everyone seems to be playing a different style to everyone else. Stevenage aren't godd either but they've actually had shits we haven't.

Getting a bit messy then!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team News

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.