3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Cambs Mariner
September 22, 2018, 12:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from Les Brechin

Jimmy Plaice, Kenny Dogfish and the like.

I remember quite a few Town fans were locked out as the away end was full so went to watch Everton v Aldershot instead.

Can you image both Liverpool and Everton at home on the same day now!

My mate and I went into the Kop. It was a great atmosphere. The Liverpool fans  were very friendly probably because there team were winning.
Walking back to the coach across Stanley Park there were loads of Everton fans waiting for us. Quite a few of us got a good hiding that day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
wuffing
September 22, 2018, 12:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
I was locked out that day Les. The cozzers marched about 200 of us around the stands and told us to go in the Kemlyn Road end. In we steamed, five minutes after kick-off, black and white scarves ablazing…….to be met with about 22,000 scousers staring and wondering what the hell was going on. There were loads of other Town in there too. We were challenged to fight immediately, ha ha. Great days

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
moosey_club
September 22, 2018, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Mike Brolly vs Everton for me. My first BIG game memory and that night got me hooked.

Reading some of the post match interviews from that game at the Trust Event day last week, Mike Brolly was very humble considering he scored both goals and something i hadnt realised until last week was that those were his first goals for Town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRd_U03b4fk

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Fishbone
September 22, 2018, 2:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
That was one of my first great memories too, Moosey. Was in Harrington Street corner getting drenched.

Also, Jevons at Anfield, still have the scars on my shins from jumping up and scrapping the skin off on the plastic chair in front - such was the elation, I never noticed until I got on the train home!

FGR win at Wembley, cried like a baby when the third goal went in.

But, the away 0-0 in the play=off against Fulham was a great day - Buckley out-smarting the future England manager, using the wooden boarding at the back as a drum, and the rather lubricated chap at the front, doing a fantastic job of orchestrating the Town fans. I don't know who you were Sir but I salute you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
sydney
September 22, 2018, 2:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Wasn’t it 1-1
Smudger Scored?
Or was that the league game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Mendonca1995
September 22, 2018, 7:13pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from RoboCod
My favourite ALL TIME moment hasn't happened yet....

I know can’t believe Fentys still here 😉

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Voted most favourite moment in Towns history

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.