Bigdog
September 21, 2018, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from MarinerMal

Added the perspective you seem to have inadvertently missed out...

behave... it's only 8 games

I got your point first time Mal, I think the one I was making has gone totally over you're head..

Nothing to do with league position and I did say I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle and in other threads I've said that MJ needs plenty of time..

Barring a few clubs, the top half of the table will bear no resemblance come May. Your argument still hold sway in March if we lose to the seven or eight new teams in the top half?

Just to make it clear.. my point was look at the size and stature of clubs we're now supposed to accept to lose to because some people feel the need to look all reasonable and patient..

Those clubs built new sides in the summer too..

The acceptance of mediocrity and swiftness to offer excuses for it is staggering on here sometimes..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 110
golfer
September 21, 2018, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
We are no more than an average club at best so realistically all we can at the moment expect are average results-which I would be satisfied with but even these we are not getting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 110
grimsby pete
September 21, 2018, 8:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from sisapon
have heard that mj has got 3 games, oldham was 1 of them.

That is some 1st post .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 110
HertsGTFC
September 21, 2018, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
And there I was thinking the Fishy was full of Town “supporters” I’m not the first one I’m sure to be vexed by the ability some have for destruction from within.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 110
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2018, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

As a major recipient of red crosses myself, I'm sure that, like me Pete doesn't give a excrement

Ironic really that Pete may be getting red crosses because he dislikes Fenty and I get 'em for sticking up for him!

Badge of pride Pete mate - see you at Cambridge!

Well you did see him in the bogs at Braintree. Maybe you were impressed by his, erm, stature.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 110
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2018, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

That is some 1st post .

Is it? I wonder where Getyourfactsright has gone.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 110
MarinerMal
September 22, 2018, 12:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Bigdog

I got your point first time Mal, I think the one I was making has gone totally over you're head..

Nothing to do with league position and I did say I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle and in other threads I've said that MJ needs plenty of time..

Barring a few clubs, the top half of the table will bear no resemblance come May. Your argument still hold sway in March if we lose to the seven or eight new teams in the top half?

Just to make it clear.. my point was look at the size and stature of clubs we're now supposed to accept to lose to because some people feel the need to look all reasonable and patient..

Those clubs built new sides in the summer too..

The acceptance of mediocrity and swiftness to offer excuses for it is staggering on here sometimes..

No, it really didn't.

If you think MJ needs plenty of time, then what on earth are you wittering on about after 8 games?

Well if the top half bears no resemblence come May, hopefully the bottom half won't either (meaning we won't be in the bottom half, hopefully). You don't seem to get my argument which is... 8 GAMES IS TOO EARLY TO BE MAKING JUDGEMENT ON A SEASON!!!!

I think you need to do a retake on the size and stature of our football club. Yes in the 80's/90's we swung way above our level but we've just come from 6 years in the non-league. We have fallen behind many teams, even locally. Rebuilding from that mess will take more than a season or two.

We need to give Jolley some time, certainly more than 8 games ffs. We have had a really tough start, yes I think there is plenty of work to be done but I really don't see what we would gain by putting pressure on the manager at this point.

Looking back at your posts, you seemed to think we would be top half pushing for promotion. That was hopeful. Mid table was always our aim this season. Even a bottom half finish away from a relegation scrap is progress.

If your hope were too high at the beginning of the season, that is not Jolley's fault. You must have had faith in him then, why abandon that faith after 8 games against sides in form, towards the top end of the table. I really believe this will, in the end come good this season, a mid table finish would be a hell of an achievement.

Unless, we are really struggling in the bottom 2 come Christmas, we need to give this guy a season and maybe another to help rebuild this football club.

We are all GTFC fans and supporters. Let's start acting that way and give the team the support it needs currently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 110
Bigdog
September 22, 2018, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from MarinerMal

No, it really didn't.

If you think MJ needs plenty of time, then what on earth are you wittering on about after 8 games? Wittering? Charming..

Well if the top half bears no resemblence come May, hopefully the bottom half won't either (meaning we won't be in the bottom half, hopefully). You don't seem to get my argument which is... 8 GAMES IS TOO EARLY TO BE MAKING JUDGEMENT ON A SEASON!!!!

I was making a judgement on the start we've made not on the season. No need to shout or put words in my mouth to re-emphasise your point..

I think you need to do a retake on the size and stature of our football club. Yes in the 80's/90's we swung way above our level but we've just come from 6 years in the non-league. We have fallen behind many teams, even locally. Rebuilding from that mess will take more than a season or two.

You build a mindset like this and you can create problems and mental blocks that in fact may not exist..

We need to give Jolley some time, certainly more than 8 games ffs. Ffs? Calm the fook down, because I am.. We have had a really tough start, yes I think there is plenty of work to be done but I really don't see what we would gain by putting pressure on the manager at this point.

I'm posting on a forum not shouting in his lughole and not calling for his head..

Looking at the standard of teams we've played, I don't think we've had a tough start. MK Dons (second half), Lincoln (for how they hung on in the game) and Yeovil impressed me, the others, we made them look better than they are..

Looking back at your posts, you seemed to think we would be top half pushing for promotion. I said top half pushing for play offs, but hey why not misquote me to try to justify yourself further..That was hopeful. Mid table was always our aim this season.Was it? Never heard any target being set or is it another one of those fan self-appointed targets? Even a bottom half finish away from a relegation scrap is progress. Yes, that would be a Jolley Revolution..

If your hope were too high at the beginning of the season, that is not Jolley's fault. You must have had faith in him then, why abandon that faith after 8 games against sides in form, towards the top end of the table.Who says I've abandoned the faith? Like you quoted me, he needs to be given more time, but I'm a little disappointed with how he's set up the team at the minute, I expected better than this dross we've been serving up.. I really believe this will, in the end come good this season, a mid table finish would be a hell of an achievement. Mid-table League Two is meh and not hell of an acheivement no matter where we finished last season. The vast majority of the teams in this division are pretty poor tbh and I don't think we need to be handing out gold stars for mediocrity..

Unless, we are really struggling in the bottom 2 come Christmas, we need to give this guy a season and maybe another to help rebuild this football club. I've said three seasons to get us out of this league, minimum two, so does that make me more patient than you?

We are all GTFC fans and supporters. Let's start acting that way and give the team the support it needs currently.Were you a school teacher or a copper? Because all I've done is make a point that is different to yours and I've been lectured, shouted at, ffs ed at, called a witterer and been told to behave. I don't believe in your weak-minded fuzzy logic, get over it and move on. This acceptance of being little old Grimsby with an uphill task season after season creates a self-inducing nightmare season after season.. but then again you can't see that and I accept you may have a different view to mine that I don't agree with, but I don't put up with being misquoted or mis-represented..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 110
TAGG
September 22, 2018, 8:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
I still support Jolly but it wearing very thin.
I can see some mad Bignot traits creeping in not knowing his best 11, formation or tactics.

I'm sure he will get it right but please hurry up.

UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 110
Ipswin
September 22, 2018, 9:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well you did see him in the bogs at Braintree. Maybe you were impressed by his, erm, stature.

Well he was a right handful, or maybe it was the left. I just wish he'd washed them before shaking hands  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael  Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.