marinerdazza
September 21, 2018, 10:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,781
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Ahh yes "playing with passion" the classic retort of someone who clearly has little knowledge of coaching or managing or making it to the top. I mean, none of these players have had any passion to even get where they are now let alone continue doing it every day.

We need a manager who shows passion on the touch line - what? Like Tim Sherwood? Throwing his arms around and shouting like the cretin he is? Brilliant. Let's get him and and 11 numpties and see where we end up.

How about we show a bit of patience and buy into an actual project for once? Give it time, let it grow and reap the rewards of building something rather than tearing up every springing shoot we sow.

Jesus f***ing wept.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 21, 2018, 11:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Ahh yes "playing with passion" the classic retort of someone who clearly has little knowledge of coaching or managing or making it to the top. I mean, none of these players have had any passion to even get where they are now let alone continue doing it every day.

We need a manager who shows passion on the touch line - what? Like Tim Sherwood? Throwing his arms around and shouting like the cretin he is? Brilliant. Let's get him and and 11 numpties and see where we end up.

How about we show a bit of patience and buy into an actual project for once? Give it time, let it grow and reap the rewards of building something rather than tearing up every springing shoot we sow.

Jesus f***ing wept.

I'll try another word then - tempo. I'm not suggesting he throws his arms around like a banshee - I just want to see us play like a team that wants to get the crowd behind them.

You use the word 'project' - great - let's get on with it rather than changing the team every five minutes.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 110
Paris Mariner
September 21, 2018, 11:23am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'll try another word then - tempo. I'm not suggesting he throws his arms around like a banshee - I just want to see us play like a team that wants to get the crowd behind them.

You use the word 'project' - great - let's get on with it rather than changing the team every five minutes.

Don't we all? The problem is everyone seems to think this will happen overnight. We are 8 games in to a 46 games season following a summer during which we have had a significant squad overhaul. It needs time. People complaining and saying "Jolley out" etc will only see this process start over again.

Don't people remember the years up to and immediately following relegation from the League? We had 10 managers in 10 years. Look where that got us.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 110
Grim74
September 21, 2018, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Don’t necessarily want passion just players that actually give a intercourse.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 110
davmariner
September 21, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
His recruitment wasn't good enough and he needs to realise that things need to change quickly (I'm sure he does). No more square pegs in round holes, Michael. Find a system and a style of play that will fit the players you've brought in.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 21, 2018, 12:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Don't we all? The problem is everyone seems to think this will happen overnight. We are 8 games in to a 46 games season following a summer during which we have had a significant squad overhaul. It needs time. People complaining and saying "Jolley out" etc will only see this process start over again.

Don't people remember the years up to and immediately following relegation from the League? We had 10 managers in 10 years. Look where that got us.

I don't want Jolley out - far from it. What I would like to see is a Grimsby Town team playing in a way that makes BP a fortress again (until such time as we leave) and gets the fans out of their seats.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 110
Paris Mariner
September 21, 2018, 12:29pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't want Jolley out - far from it. What I would like to see is a Grimsby Town team playing in a way that makes BP a fortress again (until such time as we leave) and gets the fans out of their seats.

Yeah, it was more of a general comment. I don't think BP has been a fortress since 98/99 to be honest. Maybe that was because we saw ourselves as a bit of a small fish in a big pond so there was a siege mentality?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 110
Yoda
September 21, 2018, 12:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
I would settle for a couple of goals and a sign of improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 110
Northbank Mariner
September 21, 2018, 12:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from davmariner
His recruitment wasn't good enough and he needs to realise that things need to change quickly (I'm sure he does). No more square pegs in round holes, Michael. Find a system and a style of play that will fit the players you've brought in.

Could not disagree more, with the exception of Roble(still not sure why on earth anyone would want him,  baffles me balls to be honest), Jolley has recruited some decent quality, certainly for league 2 anyway...
Still don't think he's had his preferred 11 on the park as yet due to injuries/suspensions..
Like I've said, I'll judge him properly once I've seen a settled team have a decent run of games...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 110
chrissy
September 21, 2018, 1:21pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from golfer
Am I reading it wrong but I don't understand all the red x's-must be my age and Petes

I had a word with Pete about all the red X's and he told me he was not aware as he does not see them.
He thinks some people just red X him whatever he says because of his views on Fenty,

Well I gave you a big green tick Pete.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael  Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.