12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 21, 2018, 12:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I really like Michael and think he is an intelligent forward thinking manager and hope he makes a success of the opportunity Grimsby have given him.

BUT

We can not carry on losing games like we are doing because the axe will fall before too long and we will never know his potential.

So I hope we start winning a few games.  Stevenage will be a good start  

I wish him all the luck in the world that he can turn things round and show us what a good manager he is..

Mid table will be good enough this season then a good promotion push next season.

Ipswin might disagree with me.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2018, 7:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Results business Pete , still support him but obviously the last few games haven’t been good enough let’s hope he can stay long enough to fulfill his potential
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 110
golfer
September 21, 2018, 7:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Am I reading it wrong but I don't understand all the red x's-must be my age and Petes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 21, 2018, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
We've got to start playing with a bit of passion - all this stuff out the classroom (to me, anyway) makes the players look like they're thinking too much - it all looks a bit sterile.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 110
Northbank Mariner
September 21, 2018, 9:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Don't think there's any need for all the red xs at all, Pete makes a good point, we as fans all want MJ to succeed, he's by far the most forward thinking and most qualified manager we've had but, unless he can show he can put said attributes into practice and get some good results along with consistent performances then how long do we give him before we're on his back and putting pressure on the board to make a change?
I as many town fans( not you swin) backed his appointment with surprise, anticipation but also with open arms and an air of excitement.
So, do your stuff Mr Jolley, get this team firing, going on a winning run and we'll back you all the way....keep losing and expect hell and fire water to come....
Nice bloke, settled into life in Grimsby and hope beyond hope he brings back the good times to GTFC..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 110
golfer
September 21, 2018, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
More or less what Pete said BUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 110
Yoda
September 21, 2018, 9:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,975
Gold Stars: 65
The players need to turn up for 90 mins and show a bit of bottle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 110
Paris Mariner
September 21, 2018, 10:10am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We've got to start playing with a bit of passion - all this stuff out the classroom (to me, anyway) makes the players look like they're thinking too much - it all looks a bit sterile.

Ahh yes "playing with passion" the classic retort of someone who clearly has little knowledge of coaching or managing or making it to the top. I mean, none of these players have had any passion to even get where they are now let alone continue doing it every day.

We need a manager who shows passion on the touch line - what? Like Tim Sherwood? Throwing his arms around and shouting like the cretin he is? Brilliant. Let's get him and and 11 numpties and see where we end up.

How about we show a bit of patience and buy into an actual project for once? Give it time, let it grow and reap the rewards of building something rather than tearing up every springing shoot we sow.

Jesus f***ing wept.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 110
Maringer
September 21, 2018, 10:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Not concerned about 'passion' either, just about the number of square pegs in round holes we've seen so often this season. Hopefully the injured players will return soon to fill some of those holes, either that or the positioning of the holes changes!

That wasn't intended to sound in any way obscene, incidentally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 110
golfer
September 21, 2018, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Oh yes it was or else you wouldn't have mentioned it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 110
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.