5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
September 17, 2018, 10:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Didn't realise who this player was. I've since heard Preston are after him. Feels a bit like we were taken apart by an exceptional player at this level. It's happened before.

Central defence still needs sorting though. Can't really fault Famewo (who I thought had a good game) or Hendrie.

Also, I know Pringle only had a bit part, but his corner taking looked very good. Shame there was never anyone on the end of them...could've done with Whitmore on.

I'm as gutted as anyone, but now the dust has settled I don't think it's quite as bleak as it seemed at 4.50pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
September 17, 2018, 10:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Oh it's bleak fkin bleak and could easily get bleaker.
Let's hope the management brains can conjure a win from somewhere soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
marinerdazza
September 17, 2018, 10:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Oh, ok. Bleak it is.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2018, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
I'd say 5 points from 8 games and a minus 10 goal difference was pretty bleak.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
marinerdazza
September 17, 2018, 10:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'd say 5 points from 8 games and a minus 10 goal difference was pretty bleak.

Absolutely, I'm convinced. We're going down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
RoboCod
September 17, 2018, 10:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from marinerdazza
Didn't realise who this player was. I've since heard Preston are after him. Feels a bit like we were taken apart by an exceptional player at this level. It's happened before.

Central defence still needs sorting though. Can't really fault Famewo (who I thought had a good game) or Hendrie.

Also, I know Pringle only had a bit part, but his corner taking looked very good. Shame there was never anyone on the end of them...could've done with Whitmore on.

I'm as gutted as anyone, but now the dust has settled I don't think it's quite as bleak as it seemed at 4.50pm.

Didn't realise it was Surridge, sounded like Sturridge on the radio the numerous times he was mentioned, but even by radio commentary standards he was the standout player. They obviously cottoned onto the fact that our defence is creaky and not on the same wavelength as he simply given the ball all the time and exploited it second half.

It also rams home the fact that we don't have such a player, someone to run at and scare the opposition constantly. It's all about the waiting game for us, waiting for a ground, waiting for a settled team, waiting for Thomas/Pringle/Welsh to be fully fit/match sharp, waiting for the young guns to gain experience etc.
It's a grind right now and has been for too long.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2018, 11:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from RoboCod

Didn't realise it was Surridge, sounded like Sturridge on the radio the numerous times he was mentioned, but even by radio commentary standards he was the standout player. They obviously cottoned onto the fact that our defence is creaky and not on the same wavelength as he simply given the ball all the time and exploited it second half.

It also rams home the fact that we don't have such a player, someone to run at and scare the opposition constantly. It's all about the waiting game for us, waiting for a ground, waiting for a settled team, waiting for Thomas/Pringle/Welsh to be fully fit/match sharp, waiting for the young guns to gain experience etc.
It's a grind right now and has been for too long.

I'd say that Charles Vernam is capable of doing that and like Surridge probably only needs to do it 3 or 4 times a game. Trouble is we seem reluctant to play him and, when he does get on, he's going too deep looking for the ball in the first place.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
marinerdazza
September 17, 2018, 11:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'd say that Charles Vernam is capable of doing that and like Surridge probably only needs to do it 3 or 4 times a game. Trouble is we seem reluctant to play him and, when he does get on, he's going too deep looking for the ball in the first place.

I think Vernam is excellent and certianly capable of doing that. I note we get a lot of criticism for lack of pace. Vernam has loads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
Les Brechin
September 17, 2018, 11:19am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from marinerdazza

I actually thought Famewo was poor on Saturday. Probably his worst game for us. I lost count of the amount of times he just kicked the ball out when playing it down the line. I have been fairly impressed with him until now but I didn't think he had a good game at all. In fact a friend of mine attending his first game of the season was very critical of him and I had to convince him that he has played quite well up until Saturday and hopefully his display was a one off.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
marinerdazza
September 17, 2018, 11:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

I actually thought Famewo was poor on Saturday. Probably his worst game for us. I lost count of the amount of times he just kicked the ball out when playing it down the line. I have been fairly impressed with him until now but I didn't think he had a good game at all. In fact a friend of mine attending his first game of the season was very critical of him and I had to convince him that he has played quite well up until Saturday and hopefully his display was a one off.

Funny how opinions differ. I thought he was pretty good going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Surridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.