Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › After a night to sleep on it....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

After a night to sleep on it....

This thread currently has 4,708 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 16, 2018, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,877
Gold Stars: 225
After sleeping on it with the aid of the best part of a gallon of beer I think we are in deep sh1t to be honest.

The biggest issue is the lack of goals as well as this stopping us winning points it's also leading to the lack of belief and intent in that when we go behind the players don't believe we can score to get back into the game.  

Due to a mix of late loans who lack match fitness, suspensions and injuries MJ has not been able to field his best side and has fallen into the trap of fuzzy logic picking players out of position and making changes when a bit of faith in certain personnel might just go some way to building a bit of belief.  

Though and quite rightly so the defense in the last few games has come under criticism you have to stick with the same personnel and shape for a few games on the bang for them to get any cohesion.

Midfield, again disrupted by injury and suspension but keep a pattern and shape so that people can drop in and out of the side, it feels like we go into games trying to deal with our opponents systems rather than setting ourselves up to play the way we want to play.

Up front I guess Cooke has been a half decent constant but needs a partner who can play close to him, its been an issue with Town for ages that our forwards get split, though at least on occasion in the first half yesterday we did try and thread the ball into channels with players looking to receive it.

What I have sen this year is that we can play against teams but can't deal with it when they play against us. As soon as we get worked out we crumble and that is when Welsh apart the lack of leadership is truly exposed.

So there are lots of things that need fixing and I just hope that MJ knows how as I'd love to see him have some success, and when I say success I'd take mid table with a few wins. At the moment though I'm not that confident that this isn't going to end badly.        

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Ruston AT
September 16, 2018, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
So, here's my slant on yesterday. From the off the referee just didn't want to give free kicks, this is not a blame the referee post by the way, there were tackles, late wrestling moves, body blocks ,kicking and gouging going on and the ref didn't seem to mind.
Half time came they realised what they could get away with, basically anything, so let's rough up GTFC.
Then of course the improvements to the side by substitutions sorry Michael you really cocked that up, I don't think your quorum are giving you good advice. I like vernham but he played to deep. Hooper should have the no9 shirt taken off him, Matt tees and Kev  Drinkell would do a better job. Pringle comes on a left footed player, let's play him right side of midfield, great idea leave the left hand side of the pitch clear so Woodford can bomb up and down.
Enough....
Nope one last thing the officials were all shockers, they didn't cost us the game but they certainly didn't apply the rules of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Hagrid
September 16, 2018, 2:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,314
Gold Stars: 526
Officials were fine ffs. We were excrement end of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
hheh2
September 16, 2018, 3:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
We will win the next 3 games in a row trust me

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
promotion plaice
September 16, 2018, 5:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from hheh2
We will win the next 3 games in a row trust me

Not a chance, more like lose unfortunately  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › After a night to sleep on it....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.