Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Was Bignot That Bad.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

Was Bignot That Bad.?

This thread currently has 7,402 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Jimbob
September 16, 2018, 8:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
pearson would still be here and we would have a least 1 good defender.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2018, 10:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,939
Gold Stars: 190
The rumoured goings on were baffling but the 2-2 draw at home to Carlisle under Bignot was probably the most entertaining game for some time and there hasn't been a game that has matched it for entertainment since.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
ginnywings
September 16, 2018, 10:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jamesgtfc
The rumoured goings on were baffling but the 2-2 draw at home to Carlisle under Bignot was probably the most entertaining game for some time and there hasn't been a game that has matched it for entertainment since.

Notts County last season? Lincon this season?

Thought we played some great stuff in those games. That's what is keeping me going; the fact that Jolley has had us playing some good, cohesive, attacking football at times.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
Grantley
September 16, 2018, 10:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Bignot gave us some great performances but also some absolute disasters. He was also (apparently) a disgrace in the training ground and just a general ‘fruitloop’. I’d say us going down the table that year was mainly down to losing Bogle because our side was very average other than him.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
barralad
September 16, 2018, 10:57pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ginnywings

Notts County last season? Lincon this season?

Thought we played some great stuff in those games. That's what is keeping me going; the fact that Jolley has had us playing some good, cohesive, attacking football at times.

Can I add Swindon at home from last season? Great game.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
Maringer
September 16, 2018, 10:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,381
Gold Stars: 184
Bignot was a clueless gobshite who was obviously making it up as he went along. Signed a few decent players with the largesse from Bogle's sale and was a load of money others who didn't either play or do anything to earn their wages.

It strikes me that Jolley's biggest problem is trying to be too clever by half. Let's get a Plan A working with the option of a Plan B before thinking about Plans C, D, E, etc etc.

Lower division footballers don't tend to be good enough to play in a different formation each week and the selection has been so haphazard this season (often probably not by choice) that there is no surprise the players look like a bunch of strangers half the time. I think we've got some skilful players but we're still lacking in pace and physicality so that's something else which has been missed by Jolley when he's built his team.

Oddest choice for me is the fact that he was apparently hoping to play with 3 at the back, but then hasn't signed players who can play as wing-backs (Hendrie aside, perhaps)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
ginnywings
September 16, 2018, 11:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Maringer
Bignot was a clueless gobshite who was obviously making it up as he went along. Signed a few decent players with the largesse from Bogle's sale and was a load of money others who didn't either play or do anything to earn their wages.

It strikes me that Jolley's biggest problem is trying to be too clever by half. Let's get a Plan A working with the option of a Plan B before thinking about Plans C, D, E, etc etc.

Lower division footballers don't tend to be good enough to play in a different formation each week and the selection has been so haphazard this season (often probably not by choice) that there is no surprise the players look like a bunch of strangers half the time. I think we've got some skilful players but we're still lacking in pace and physicality so that's something else which has been missed by Jolley when he's built his team.

Oddest choice for me is the fact that he was apparently hoping to play with 3 at the back, but then hasn't signed players who can play as wing-backs[b][/b] (Hendrie aside, perhaps)!

RHJ and Fox can do that role IMO.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
ginnywings
September 16, 2018, 11:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from barralad

Can I add Swindon at home from last season? Great game.

You certainly can. 'Twas indeed a cracker.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
arryarryarry
September 17, 2018, 1:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,065
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings

RHJ and Fox can do that role IMO.

In my humble opinion, I'm not sure those two are that great.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
ginnywings
September 17, 2018, 8:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry

In my humble opinion, I'm not sure those two are that great.

Well you would say that, as you are generally negative about most of our players.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Was Bignot That Bad.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.