grimsby pete
September 17, 2018, 12:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad
Talk of Saturday being Collins last game is if I might venture an opinion well premature.
This is a player who a month ago played 87 minutes with a broken arm in what was unarguably our best 90 minutes of the season. When we are talking about needing players with the guts to get us out of the poor run we are in then Collins has them in spades. Whether he should've been rushed straight back after that injury is a moot point.
I know it was poor on Saturday but sometimes it's like the Salem witch(warlock) trials on here...

I always find posters on here have different views on how certain players have performed,

Going on just watching the video's time and time again I find that certain players do make the same mistakes in each game they play.

As for Collins been passed his best is not a argument but has he finished and should he step down is the question Jolley should be asking.

It's true his pace has gone and he backs off most of the time so I think he should be doing more coaching than playing.

.Getting everybody fit and playing in their proper positions would not leave a place for Collins.

BUT

Lets not call the man for getting to the end of a great carrear let him step down with dignity and spent the twilight of his carrear coaching our younger defenders because they can learn a lot from him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
Northbank Mariner
September 17, 2018, 12:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from barralad

You'll have to point out for me where I've said anywhere that we shouldn't be concerned. There's a wealth of difference between concern and scapegoating individual players.
I've read in this thread that Hendrie was having to tell Collins how to defend. I watched the back four pretty closely and the only person I saw Hendrie screaming at was Famewo when he was caught ball-watching and in no-mans land allowing his wide player to get in a dangerous cross.

Completely disagree, I was sat in the pontoon, behind the right back position,  and hendrie gave it big style to DC, he was at him continually through the match and getting increasingly frustrated with him...
I agree he may have a good game once in a while but we have better, faster and more mobile centre halves in the squad now....nobody is looking to make a scapegoat out of Collins, it's just so obvious, whereas the mind is still willing, the body ain't...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
Bigdog
September 17, 2018, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy

How many games do you attend a season?

46 on i-Follow, so what's your point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
Madeleymariner
September 17, 2018, 12:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
The prime example re Collins dropping deep, a few mins before the end of the game, their player has it wide left 10 yrds short of level with pen area., Nice defensive line 2 yards further back, their striker who is level with Collins goes to run into the box  if Collins stays where he is the guy is about 5 yards offside, instead, Collins goes with him and stands on 6 yrd box rest of defence in a line edge of area ,their striker steps out again leaving Collins to clear a cross virtually out of Maccas hands into the stand on edge of 6 yard box, their player nowhere near as he had dropped off hoping for the ball on penalty spot, its really basic stuff and Collins isn't doing it, I assume because of his lack of pace.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
Cloudy
September 18, 2018, 11:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

46 on i-Follow, so what's your point?

I just hold the opinion that it is a different game watching live, weere you see the whole pitch rather than on TV
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.