7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 15, 2018, 5:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
excrement. The same old excrement from a different team. I have no clue what jolley is trying to achieve. His formations are for want of a better word odd, i have no clue who is playing where and what we are doing. For intercourse sake stop this 1 up top, thomas didnt have a look in. Woolford, who had his best game in a town shirt on the right wing against lincoln, hasnt played there since, hessenthaler was there today? Why!? Vernam was everywhere except he needs to be. Play him up top it isnt hard. The centre backs words cant describe, they are hopeless. We dropped our best one. Collins is a good man a good pro, but he’s finished. He backs off and backs off and you know whats coming. Davis is crap. Famewo needs to play at CB as pacy cover for whitmore. Cant wait to get RHJ and fox back- no disrespect to hendrie who i quite like. Few nice touches from pringle but i question why we sign players who arent fit. I like Jolley, but i havent a flipping clue what he is tryinf to do and im sick of the same old excrement at town. Its season after season of nothing but dissapointment. And we’ve all had enough. Cant score, cant defend. Pass it about a bit and then give up when we concede 1st. Worried, fed up, angry. Typical town season
Logged Online
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
September 15, 2018, 5:24pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
We didn't start with one up top... We started with Cook and Thomas in a front 2...Vernam dropped way too deep when he replaced Cook and left Thomas isolated. We started will and looked threnening but Cook going off injured killed us!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
ginnywings
September 15, 2018, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We're too 'nice'. Knock it around well in areas that don't matter, but we are as weak as p1ss at the back and toothless up front. Once we concede it's game over. We were arguably the better side for 60 mins and they didn't threaten much at all until their No9 came to life and ran us ragged for  a while. We just collapsed alarmingly and the only saving grace is that it's early in the season and we have time to change things. Whether we will remains to be seen, but at the moment, if we keep playing like that, there is only one way we are heading.

Glad i didn't buy a season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2018, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
We did tau with one up top... We started with Cook and Thomas in a front 2...Vernam dropped way too deep when he replaced Cook and left Thomas isolated. We started will and looked threnening but Cook going off injured killed us!

You are not being serious are you? We were marginally second best till half time and f***ing clueless after. Collins backs off when the ball is on the deck and the midfield were second to every ball.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
headingly_mariner
September 15, 2018, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Garbage.
Can’t score and can’t defend.

If anyone can name a centre half that’s played for Town since we’ve been back in the league who is better than Shaun Pearson id be amazed. The defending for the goals was appalling and after the 2nd went in our players went hiding.

We’ve made some poor signings and the players are still strangers because we didn’t play any games preseason.

Thomas looks half decent but was isolated and is the only centre forward at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
rancido
September 15, 2018, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You are not being serious are you? We were marginally second best till half time and f***ing clueless after. Collins backs off when the ball is on the deck and the midfield were second to every ball.

I thought we played ok up 'till half time and then it all started going wrong. Collins was in a no-win situation for the first goal. All he could do was back off until he got support , which didn't come.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
Gaffer58
September 15, 2018, 5:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
As we're too nice, probably we should have signed 11 large physical players, after all even they can control a ball and kick if up to a large target man who bullies defenders. ( eg: Matt Rhead)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
TAGG
September 15, 2018, 5:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ginnywings
We're too 'nice'. Knock it around well in areas that don't matter, but we are as weak as p1ss at the back and toothless up front. Once we concede it's game over. We were arguably the better side for 60 mins and they didn't threaten much at all until their No9 came to life and ran us ragged for  a while. We just collapsed alarmingly and the only saving grace is that it's early in the season and we have time to change things. Whether we will remains to be seen, but at the moment, if we keep playing like that, there is only one way we are heading.

Glad i didn't buy a season ticket.

Agree with everything Ginny but I did buy a season ticket 😢😢

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
petethemariner
September 15, 2018, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I  thought we played quite well first half, had the best chance which was well saved and i felt reasonably confident
of at least a point, but just what happens to us when we concede? Heads go down and we never look up for it again, just all very strange and a bit worrying, just feel for all our fans, who really do not deserve the pain another relegation battle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
Tangerine Chris
September 15, 2018, 5:49pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
I am sorry Mr Jolly, but the honeymoon period is over.  How can the defense get used to each other when you constantly change players.  You play one formation the first half, then change is the second one, and the players do not know if they are coming or going.  Add to that, the lack of a recognized striker, and you have the makings of a team for relegation.

Scored 0 goals in 4 games, and conceded 7 in past 2 games.  There were 4000 disgruntled supporters at full time calling for your head if you dont sort it out quickly.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.