MuddyWaters
September 16, 2018, 9:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The club needs a breath of fresh air . This means from the top Mr Fenty. Time to go .

I keep asking the same old question - what has actually improved since he took over? No-one has ever replied.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
golfer
September 16, 2018, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,427
Gold Stars: 115
We have a deconstructed flag.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
Townee82
September 16, 2018, 10:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
We put pressure on ourselves by not taking our opportunities we have some compitant players but the inability to turn chances into goals is currently our downfall .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
Ipswin
September 16, 2018, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I'm not particularly bothered about when Jolley goes (as soon as possible for me) but realistically I just hope that we either stick with him for the rest of the season, even if it means relegation again or, if things are dire, get rid of him at Christmas before the January window closes (absolutely imperative in my opinion)

We cannot do what we did last season if we are bottom 4 or 5 and leave it until nearly the end of the season and hope that the new man can somehow conjure something up from the heap of shite Jolley leaves behind, like Jolley did with the heap of shite Slade left us with.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
Yoda
September 16, 2018, 11:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
As Fenty says a manager only has six games.

Unless you’re Slade of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
grimsby pete
September 16, 2018, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We've been in trouble since Fenty went in the GET and spouted the infamous words "I always wanted to own a football club" since then what has he got right?

Why didn't he buy Scunthorpe instead and then Swann might have bought Grimsby,

We would still be in the championship now with our great support,

Unlike Scunny's.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
1mickylyons
September 17, 2018, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

This really puts a massive magnifying glass over the club for me. We are completely uncompetitive at this - league 2 level. Not the championship or league 1 but league 2! In your post you are asking for the absolute bare minimum, that we can make you happy occasionally in league 2. It's not much to ask for is it?

This is just unfathomable, totally unfathomable but the club is simply out of its depth at this level. Simply shocking. Those in charge should be utterly, utterly ashamed.

These two posts sum it all up and they are shocking GTFC now struggle to compete in League 2 and that`s a fact if you look at the Clubs results since relegation from League 1 we have managed to compete top end once .That is simply not good enough and the cynic in me suggests some people running the Club would probably be happier back in the National League.FENTY OUT

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, we're in trouble

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.