7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 15, 2018, 6:28pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from jungleland

What sort of sharp object backs his team to go down ?

One that doesn't expect to lose his money  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
Yoda
September 15, 2018, 6:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,967
Gold Stars: 65
We look nailed on for the drop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
Pontooner
September 15, 2018, 6:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
Quoted from Meza
Serious question.

Did u think we should be beating Oldham.  Cos I didn't.  They've come from league one and probably got a nice parachute payment.   I think a bit of realism is needed here rather than knee jerk reactions which is what I'm reading.

However everyone's entitled to their opinions and mine is we need to give him time.  

They looked bang average to me............... so yes, I think they were definitely beatable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
Yoda
September 15, 2018, 6:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,967
Gold Stars: 65
Average when is the last time Town won 3 nil away.??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
Cambs Mariner
September 15, 2018, 6:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from Yoda
Average when is the last time Town won 3 nil away.??

The last game of last season against Forest Green.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Mighty_Mariner
September 15, 2018, 7:04pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Yoda
We lacked goals last season any idiot could see we needed a striker we never got one and surprise we are in a relegation dog fight.

Do you not think he tried to get a striker through the door earlier? We know we had bids for Ryan Donaldson and Lee Angol... Is that Jolley's fault they didn't sign?

I'm as annoyed and frustrated as anyone but we have to give him time. This was always going to be a building season.. I've seen enough positive performances/half's to know this team is capable, we just need to find a system that works and stick with it. Chopping and changing hasn't helped but we've also been unlucky with injuries and daft suspensions.

Once Thomas and Pringle are up to speed I think we'll see a difference. What we have got to do is decide on our strongest defence and run with it for a consecutive run of games. I was very impressed with Hendrie for large parts of today, especially first half when he was the best player on the pitch for me. Famewo and Whitmore have been our best CB's in my opinion but we can't get Fox fit for love nor money so meaning we're having to push Akin out to full back. For me, Collins is past it, he's the easy scapegoat I know but we cannot get away from the fact that we've conceded 7 goals in the 2 games since he returned...!

A settled team is a million times more likely to put together a run of results than a team being changed week in week out.

At what point do we also start looking at Macca? A town legend yes but not above criticism, he's failed to improve on his ability to command his box, come for crosses or getting beat from distance. We saw when Henderson was given a run of games what difference that can make. I'm not saying let's drop Macca but questions have to be asked.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2018, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Do you not think he tried to get a striker through the door earlier? We know we had bids for Ryan Donaldson and Lee Angol... Is that Jolley's fault they didn't sign?

I'm as annoyed and frustrated as anyone but we have to give him time. This was always going to be a building season.. I've seen enough positive performances/half's to know this team is capable, we just need to find a system that works and stick with it. Chopping and changing hasn't helped but we've also been unlucky with injuries and daft suspensions.

Once Thomas and Pringle are up to speed I think we'll see a difference. What we have got to do is decide on our strongest defence and run with it for a consecutive run of games. I was very impressed with Hendrie for large parts of today, especially first half when he was the best player on the pitch for me. Famewo and Whitmore have been our best CB's in my opinion but we can't get Fox fit for love nor money so meaning we're having to push Akin out to full back. For me, Collins is past it, he's the easy scapegoat I know but we cannot get away from the fact that we've conceded 7 goals in the 2 games since he returned...!

A settled team is a million times more likely to put together a run of results than a team being changed week in week out.

At what point do we also start looking at Macca? A town legend yes but not above criticism, he's failed to improve on his ability to command his box, come for crosses or getting beat from distance. We saw when Henderson was given a run of games what difference that can make. I'm not saying let's drop Macca but questions have to be asked.

Who are you blaming for the lack of the striker signing then? Who are you blaming for chopping & changing the defence? Who are you blaming for bringing Danny Collins straight back in?

Checked out Oldham's loan signings before the game - 2 from the Prem & 3 from the Championship. We've got 3 from League One.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
golfer
September 15, 2018, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Why was Bignot sacked-no worse than the last 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
Stadium
September 15, 2018, 7:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Pontooner

They looked bang average to me............... so yes, I think they were definitely beatable.

Bizarre comment.
Once again a team took it chances and obtained the result

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Marinerz93
September 15, 2018, 7:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Good post the problem lies far deeper than Jolley far deeper .. if we don’t remove the problem we’re doomed to relegation and possibly extinction

When you are looking at things like an accident or serious problem they use what is called a Fishbone diagram, it helps identify the problems and gets you to the root of what caused the spanner to drop in the works. Although, I think in Towns case we need a witch doctor because someone a the helm is cursed.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_03.htm

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, we're in trouble

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.