3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 15, 2018, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
It's hard to think of the best game I saw him play in. Exeter when we got promoted, Sunderland away (my mate still says it's one of the best performances he saw from a visiting player) and so many more.

In today's market, he'd be a minimum £10m player

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
dicko995
September 15, 2018, 11:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Shaun always reminded me of Bobby Ross, except Bobby always ran out of the tunnel with a cigarette in his hand,and smoked it during the warm up, super memories,and showing my age
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
HackneyHaddock
September 15, 2018, 12:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Wonder if they'll do a quick interview/chat with him on the pitch before the game at half-time.  When players have come back before they tend to just walk out onto the pitch a little bit and wave and from a distance really could be any old bloke!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Maringer
September 15, 2018, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,478
Gold Stars: 185
You could tell it was Steve Sherwood the other week from the way he was trying to dribble around the centre circle just like one of his old walkabout moments.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Mariner E14
September 15, 2018, 3:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
Groves may not have been the strongest in the midfield, but he was certainly the most cultured.  👍

There are two types of Conservative voters, the Millionaire and the Misguided. To find out which one you are, look in your wallet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
diehardmariner
September 17, 2018, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,533
Gold Stars: 536
Was having a very similar conversation with my old man at the game on Saturday, who would you put in there?

In terms of technical ability the pairing that ultimately replaced Cunnington/Cockerill (Groves/Dobbin) was probably far better technically and was comfortable at a higher level. Unfortunately we saw only a handful of games from Cockers in the second tier and a single season from Cunnington before he was sold, just as he looked to have kicked onto a new level too.

The beauty of Cunnington/Cockerill was they both had a bit of everything about them. Plus in a side that was so pure and skillful in everything it did, they were proper hard fornicators.

Talking purely on partnerships, I've seen nothing that comes close to Cunnington/Cockerill.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Cunnington

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.