Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC 140 Exhibition At BP
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 308 Guests

GTFC 140 Exhibition At BP

This thread currently has 3,883 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 14, 2018, 2:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

I would have gone but I'm away at the moment, wouldn't have minded seeing inside the boardroom where all the major decisions are made  

"Grimsby Town and Mariners Trust are running an exhibition for GTFC 140 at Blundell Park this Sunday, September 16, from 10.30am to 2.30pm."

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/september/gtfc-140-exhibition-at-blundell-park-on-sunday/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
September 14, 2018, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220

I may have missed other pre announcements so apologies for raising the question ......

This Sunday !!   Is that as much notice as we get ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
barralad
September 14, 2018, 6:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from moosey_club

I may have missed other pre announcements so apologies for raising the question ......

I don't do twitter but I'm assured it's been on there over the last couple of weeks and it was in the newsletter published by The Trust on 31 August. I hope you (and loads of others) will be able to make it. There are some great memories in that 140 years. The office corridor which now has a magnificent collection of old Town shirts decorating it is worth a visit on its own. There are story boards telling the history and loads of memorabilia to look at along with DVDs playing of some of the magic moments.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2018, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from moosey_club

It's been 140 years in the making - can't rush these things.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
September 14, 2018, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Well if we are celebrating the 140th anniversary that is a wonderful incentive to make sure a real milestone, the 150th, is the best, the most incredible, supersonic and out of this world celebration.

The journey starts here. The next 10 years are going to sweep the last 17 or so years into the dustbin of history; we are going to do a Bournemouth, a Hull City, a Swansea, a Brighton and a Burnley and make our way to the Premier League. The first promotion brings a clamour for the new stadium at Freeman Street which in turn allows 10,000 season ticket holders roar us into the Championship. Then there is a hiatus; a little pause whilst we gather breath before a final tumultuous ascent to the summit of the Championship, and a return to the top flight of English football since 1946 (?)

If John Fenty can mastermind this then even I, his greatest critic will accept he hasn't done a bad job after all.

I hope Oldham know what is about to hit 'em.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
The Yard Dog
September 14, 2018, 9:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Loaned the trust alot of my old GTFC memorabilia for the exhibition.

Also on the 20th September the Wellington Arms Freeman St (were it all started) are celebrating 140 years of GTFC.

Cannot wait to have a look what the trust and the Wellington Arms have done.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
promotion plaice
September 14, 2018, 9:12pm

Well if we are celebrating the 140th anniversary that is a wonderful incentive to make sure a real milestone, the 150th, is the best, the most incredible, supersonic and out of this world celebration.

The journey starts here. The next 10 years are going to sweep the last 17 or so years into the dustbin of history; we are going to do a Bournemouth, a Hull City, a Swansea, a Brighton and a Burnley and make our way to the Premier League. The first promotion brings a clamour for the new stadium at Freeman Street which in turn allows 10,000 season ticket holders roar us into the Championship. Then there is a hiatus; a little pause whilst we gather breath before a final tumultuous ascent to the summit of the Championship, and a return to the top flight of English football since 1946 (?)

If John Fenty can mastermind this then even I, his greatest critic will accept e hasn't done a bad job after all.

I hope Oldham know what is about to hit 'em.

The first club in history to reach the Premiership with most of the squad on £800 a week  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
LH
September 14, 2018, 9:25pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Anything special planned for the home game nearest the anniversary - i.e. tomorrow?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
promotion plaice
September 14, 2018, 9:41pm

Quoted from LH
Anything special planned for the home game nearest the anniversary - i.e. tomorrow?

A win    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2018, 9:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I remember the centenary. I was dating a really nice girl who was a season ticket holder. Scary to think that it's 40 years since I was trying to get into her knickers. (And no Fishyfanny, I don't mean trying to wear them   ).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC 140 Exhibition At BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.