Spidey
September 9, 2018, 11:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

I suspect that many will nod in agreement.
One unknown is that we don't know how intelligent our players are
It strikes me that jolley wants to play different ways against different opposition, but if the players aren't clever enough nor have the ability to be that flexible then it ain't gonna work. He said today ,and he's said parallel things several times before, that they told the players beforehand about the bury lad constantly wanting to cut in but the players had failed to carry out instructions.
I do get the feeling they'd be a lot more consistent and a lot more comfortable if they just played a system that suits their ability.

Should also add that with the lad from Sunderland, Thomas and Pringles due to come in we should be much stronger next wekend

Yeah, but if we still stay on a losing streak we'll be saying Pringle and Emberton will need time to gel, then we'll be getting in more players in January, then they'll need time to "gel"  and before we know its the end of the season, and we start over again. I honestly don't know the solution, other teams seem to hit the ground running, with a squad overhaul, why can't we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Ipswin
September 9, 2018, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Grim74

We could of even gone for Buckley short term just to steady the ship and we would still of survived promotion because basically the team was good enough.

We manage to do that every season with no effort whatsoever

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
immariner
September 9, 2018, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,412
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from forza ivano

Bit unfair.what about me and Mac?
For a bit of balance.weve played 7 games . 5 of the the teams we played stand 1st 2nd 6th 8th n  9th

Ahh but you see, that is easily flipped by saying the only side we have beaten is 23rd and the others are helped to be in their current positions by virtue of having played us in their first 7 games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
petethemariner
September 9, 2018, 11:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from forza ivano

Bit unfair.what about me and Mac?
For a bit of balance.weve played 7 games . 5 of the the teams we played stand 1st 2nd 6th 8th n  9th

I was at the Macc game, first half i agree we looked half  decent, second half, even before the sending off we retreated into our shell
against a side i believe will be in the bottom 4 all season.
On my way back to the bus a Macc fan said to me 'its going to be a long season for both of us'
Surely we need to be a bit more  hopeful than justifying defeats against the likes of FGR and Yeovil by looking at their current league positions? after all our best performances were against Lincoln and MK , who most expect to be up there all season.
I am not trying to be unfair, just balanced, just as i believe it is unwise to judge us until the manager settles on a team and a formation
that works, but that needs to happen much sooner than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Yoda
September 9, 2018, 11:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
Its not the defeats it’s the manner of the defeats zero chances created leaking goals and heads dropping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More questions than answers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.