Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back on  the tram.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

Just back on  the tram.

This thread currently has 8,052 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
September 9, 2018, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
[b][/b]Falling away in the second half appears to be a recurring theme and thus Jolley may need to consider his approach to pre-season which appears to have resulted in our fitness levels being behind that of other teams.

Other than the results my real concern is the constant change of formation and the selection of players out of position, the latter being my biggest bug bear.  

Formation and fitness may well turn out to be one the type of problem sorted out by playing games so by mid October hopefully this will be addressed.

MJ has consistently said he has yet to play his strongest team and with fitness issues for Welsh and Pringle we may also be waiting until October for that but in the meantime MJ square pegs in square holes would LMO help address some of our current deficiencies.

Don’t think falling away has been obvious in terms of fitness. Harry Kewell commented that we were clearly far fitter that Notts County and we upped the tempo v Lincoln in the second period.

I do agree with the need for square pegs in square holes but do we have a fit & available right or left back? The recruitment process obviously didn’t find any wingers or we may not simply have looked for any?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
rancido
September 9, 2018, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

I do. It's exactly what he said and he's always very controlled in every word he says in interviews. If I'd have gone yesterday and left early I'd be really pisssed off about it. Jolley doesn't make throwaway comments.

Then again, you didn't spend any time or hard-earned cash to go so it's easy for you to blame the fans for getting their knickers in a twist by leaping to his defence. I've said it before on another thread, the club don't like the fans and Jolley is seemingly getting drawn into the fabric of that malaise and quietly building himself a bunker mentality, and I really think it's the wrong avenue to go down for a young manager so early in his career..

I don't agree but I think the club doesn't like the fans having and voicing an opinion about how the club is run.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
oldun
September 11, 2018, 9:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Yes probably should have thanked all the fans that travelled. Don't hang him for it I am sure he meant no disrespect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Les Brechin
September 11, 2018, 10:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

MJ has consistently said he has yet to play his strongest team and with fitness issues for Welsh and Pringle we may also be waiting until October for that but in the meantime MJ square pegs in square holes would LMO help address some of our current deficiencies.

Probably missing the obvious here and going to look a bit of an idiot (nothing new there then) but who or what is LMO?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
psgmariner
September 11, 2018, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Perhaps he meant IMO (in my opinion).

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Les Brechin
September 11, 2018, 11:12am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from psgmariner
Perhaps he meant IMO (in my opinion).

Ah, didn't think of that . I just read it as "would LMO help address some of our current deficiencies." as a question.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Grimsby2012
September 11, 2018, 12:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I wonder what the most used words in GTFC history are in terms of describing the team. I bet you it's "embarrassing"

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
psgmariner
September 11, 2018, 12:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Nil?

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back on  the tram.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.